Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Trust me, she knows I like heels! I am happy that she indulge d my desires with these boots. I had some more feminine heels and she had enough of them so they went into hiding.

Got these boots about a year ago, haven't worn them but twice.....got to loose a little more weight to make the legs fit right.

They are from Steven, Gwenn, 5" 1/4 heels, felt great, just tight in the calf.

post-1736-0-53427600-1434906717_thumb.jp

post-1736-0-17392100-1434906737_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just ordered these ones:

Foto_zpsp5j23mos.jpg

I originally wanted to get them in a taupe-color, but unfortunately the taupe-colored ones are only produced up to size 10, and if I am not mistaken, Hogan often runs kind of small. As I need a size 11, I went for the grey colored ones, which hopefully will arrive next week. This is already the new fall/winter 2015 collection.

I found a pair of Torrid knee high boots in a 13W for $18.  The shaft is a bit wide but I think the will look OK with jeans.  If not it is a fabric material so I can take the shaft in later.

post-530-0-40688200-1436978942_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-60733200-1436978941_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I got to try out my new boots today. I was out of town and figured it was a good time to break in the boots at a shopping mall. Boots are made by Diba, size 10

gallery_17071_520_38594.jpg

gallery_17071_520_9372.jpg

Great jeans and boots combination

I found a pair of Layne Bryant booties in a 12W for $15.  They feel great.  They have a 4 1/2" heel with a 1/2" platform.

post-530-0-94674100-1437419512_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-86515100-1437419513_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-05283800-1437419512_thumb.jpg

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

I found a pair of gray faux suede (fabric) knee high boots in a size 12 with a 1/4" block heel for $10.  The shaft has a bit of a scrunch built in.

post-530-0-73801300-1437857805_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-38802300-1437857806_thumb.jpg

I didn't have the opportunity to try them on before I bought them and when they arrived I couldn't get my foot to make the turn at the ankle.  The shaft was too small.  For the price I wasn't out too much even if I just gave them away but I thought I'd try making a small incision at the ankle and either install a lace or a zipper.  With that 3 1/2" cut the boots slipped on with ease. I have  a little sewing to do but this is a nice pair of boots.

post-530-0-09323000-1437857807_thumb.jpg

Found a pair of Munro Samantha stretch boots in a 12W for $16  They have a 2" block heel and fit and feel great.

post-530-0-62691600-1438177878_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-41929800-1438177879_thumb.jpg

I found a pair of Report stretch fabric thigh boots in a 12 for $26.  The boots have a 4" not quite stiletto heel.  They feel great and are comfortable for walking.

post-530-0-97036300-1438187077_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-98810200-1438187075_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-67913900-1438193674_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I found a pair of real leather Nine West knee high boots in a long toe style with a 3" stiletto heel in a size 12 for $17.  I didn't know Nine West made a 12.  I wore them to the grocery this morning and turned a few heads.  I thought the heel was lower than 3" but that's what they measure.

post-530-0-47567700-1439556351_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-31581700-1439556352_thumb.jpg

post-530-0-62068000-1439556354_thumb.jpg  post-530-0-91335400-1439556356_thumb.jpg

The long toe takes a little getting used to.  I don't notice the toe when I'm walking but I have sent several area rugs flying when the toe caught in the rug.

JeffB, pebblesf

Thanks for the kind words about the thigh boots. The shaft is a stretch fabric that just hugs my legs.  The look good and feel great.

I found a pair of real leather Nine West knee high boots in a long toe style with a 3" stiletto heel in a size 12 for $17.  I didn't know Nine West made a 12.  I wore them to the grocery this morning and turned a few heads.  I thought the heel was lower than 3" but that's what they measure.

attachicon.gifGEDC0156.jpg  attachicon.gifGEDC0155.jpg

attachicon.gifGEDC0154a.jpg  attachicon.gifGEDC0153a.jpg

The long toe takes a little getting used to.  I don't notice the toe when I'm walking but I have sent several area rugs flying when the toe caught in the rug.

Nice boots, TBG! I must say they kinda remind me of my Payless "Tara" knee boots in terms of style, and the long toe. I've had those boots since 2008 and they still fit like a dream.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Sharp. I have had mixed success with Aliexpress.1st pair pretty good 2nd pair heel tips broke 2nd time I wore them and the shank diameter for the stud is so thin can't get replacement tips for them.

get some new boots from aliexpress. size 44 eu and 12cm heels. pretty good quality, i am happy !

0110.jpg0210.jpg0310.jpg0410.jpg0510.jpg

Did you find the boots true to size?   What is your usual UK size?  I ask because the various suppliers thru Aliexpress seem to have a disparate view of size conversions, making ordering somewhat hit-and-miss.   My feet (normally UK11/Eu45) measure a little over 30cm in length - somewhat more than any of the suppliers suggest as corresponding to footwear sold in those sizes.   I do suspect that most footwear is intentionally made shorter than the 'spread out' length of the corresponding foot - and that is certainly true of the width.

Sharp. I have had mixed success with Aliexpress.1st pair pretty good 2nd pair heel tips broke 2nd time I wore them and the shank diameter for the stud is so thin can't get replacement tips for them.

Aliexpress is a market place, not a manufacturer, so quality is down to the particular maker(s) of your footwear - and there appear to be many different ones.   Did you complain to the manufacturer about the broken tips and ask if it could supply replacements (FOC or not)?   If you cannot obtain replacements with a thin enough pin, it is possible to make them - ideally re-using the original pin if it is undamaged.   Or it should be possible to bore out the heel slightly to take a larger pin (ideally within a tube).

- - - -

I get the impression that the majority of the China-made footwear (through Aliexpress or otherwise) is increasing significantly in price and no longer represents particularly good value, especially for synthetic items at $80 - 100.   I realise that (current economic problems aside), wages and prices in China have been rising, although that trend may now reverse with changing currency conversions, but I do wonder whether the days of cheap Chinese shoes of fair-to-good quality are numbered.

Did you find the boots true to size?   What is your usual UK size?

dont know in uk size. each seller on aliexpress have different size chart  :evil:  for this pair i sent my feet size in cm (27.5) and the seller tell me it correspond to size 44 for him. so, the boots fits correctly.

Oh well... *sigh* it's the time of year where they are getting in the fall/winter boots for 2015. I just couldn't resist. I already own two pairs of Italian producer "Giampaolo Viozzi", which are higher priced than the usual stuff, but lower than the high-end designers, and they make top-notch quality shoes, comparable to Prada and the like. Especially the leather with the two pairs I already own is buttery soft.

So... when I found the over-the-knee pair, I searched what this year's collection looked like and ordered the other ankle-boot pair from a small boutique (Tamagnini) in Riccioni, Italy. It's totally funny that they have a website selling globally, as it is really just a small brick-and-mortar store (I looked at it in Google Streetview), but then again... it's nice to be able to go shopping this way nowadays.

Here they are:

GIAMPAOLO2015_zpstbjkkbnp.jpg

With the OTK boots, I hope that I will be bold enough to wear them together with a (mid length) skirt. As they are over the knee, you probably won't be able to see where the boot ends, so that should look totally cool...

post-79-0-42693200-1441134144_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-29171600-1441134146_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-07285100-1441134148_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-85520600-1441134149_thumb.jpgpost-79-0-68523200-1441134151_thumb.jpg

I promised to post these once I received them.  The are Nine West boots, I believe the model is called Vadingin.  They were purchased used off the Vinted site.  Size 11 M.  For an 11, they fit me quite well, as I often need a 12.  But these have enough wiggle room for the toes and are reasonably comfortable.  Heel height is right about 4.25", with about a .25" sole - not really a "platform", but a thick sole.  WHile I have worn 4" heels plenty around the house, I hadn't really done much walking outside in heels of that height.  I wore them out today and did a little shopping as well, and I have to admit that my ankles were aching by the time I got back to the car.  Guess I need some practice!

Anyway, first couple shots are with the jeans I wore today.  Obviously long jeans that pretty much hid the heel, as I am not one for being obvious.  The others are shots at home with a skirt I sometimes wear around the house.

Why bother? Is it the thrill of wearing something intended for women? Flat shoes are boring. Buy heels.

Steve

Haha, I so agree, Steve. I actually just rejected a pair of sandals I bought on eBay without even bothering to try them on because the heels were too short. They appeared much taller in the picture. Guess I should have made an inquiry to the seller first! At least I didn't waste too much money on them.

Why bother? Is it the thrill of wearing something intended for women? Flat shoes are boring. Buy heels.

Steve

Haha, I so agree, Steve. I actually just rejected a pair of sandals I bought on eBay without even bothering to try them on because the heels were too short. They appeared much taller in the picture. Guess I should have made an inquiry to the seller first! At least I didn't waste too much money on them.

I agree with you both that those boots are boring - but not simply because they are flat.   Imho, they are too clumpy and somewhat ugly - and I would be turned-off by any woman seen in them.   But some women's flat shoes can be fun to have and wear - sandals in particular, if only because what is on offer for men is usually too heavy.   Whether one gets any sort of thrill from wearing 'female' footwear is another matter.

Thrill is not wearing something intended for women for me :)  and I just bought these: http://www.aliexpress.com/item-img/NET-SEXY-FETISH-7-INCH-EXTREME-HIGH-HEELS-Black-Wedge-Heeled-Fashion-Lace-Up-Ankle/32346920050.html which in my size have 3cm platform and 18cm heel. Eeks! I am currently wearing them sitting down for 1/2h on the trot without even trying to get up.