Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I have been searching for winter boots since last spring, when I decided to retire my Vera Wang boots, which were falling apart. I had basically three requirements: 1) The sole should not be leather, the heel should be at least 4.5 inches tall, and they should be reasonably high quality. I figured finding such boots would be no problem, since I wear size 9, there are a million boots out there, I had several months to find them, and I was willing to pay pretty good money for the right pair.

It turned out to be not nearly as easy as I thought. To make a long story less long, I bought 4 pairs of boots that I rejected for various reasons before purchasing the boots pictured here. In the end, I wound up finding a pair of Simply Vera boots almost identical to the ones I had to trash last spring. The model name is Velma, and of course they aren't made any more. I like them even better than my old ones, as the Velmas have just a simple leather strap across the top of the foot, rather than a large triangular piece of leather that looks suspiciously like a metatarsal guard for a construction boot.

The heels measure just a tidge over 5 inches, and the platforms, both visible and hidden total a little over an inch, giving an effective rise of 4 inches--quite wearable. The heel is just a little bit thicker than stiletto thin, at 5/8 inch, but not chunky at all. The most surprising thing about them, however, is how well they deal with the snow and ice. I know it's not my imagination, because I did a back to back comparison between these and some other boots that were SUPPOSED to have been my winter boots, and there is no contest--the Veras are sure-footed and stable in slippery conditions, the other boots require great skill and nerves of steel to negotiate things like snow and ice covered hills or sidewalk ramps.

Some will say that I'm nuts for even wearing heels in inclement weather, but I say life is too short to let a little snow cramp your style, especially when you've got the right equipment. I shall endeavor to take care of these boots a little bit better than the ones they replaced. I wish that I could find a pair just like these that are better made and rather more durable.

post-19325-0-76948700-1417184619_thumb.j

post-19325-0-56080800-1417184635_thumb.j

post-19325-0-11869400-1417186191_thumb.j

I have another pair of new boots to share. These are a bit of a departure for me, in two ways: One, they are kind of low heeled, at 3 1/2 inches, and two, they are wedges. Oh, and three, I gave a bit more for them than I usually like to do. All of this was a conscious decision, designed to increase my total heeling time.

These boots accomplish this because due to the lower heel, combined with a 3/4" platform, they feel and walk just like a flat--well, to my mind anyway. Because they are wedges, I can now do most, if not all, the things that used to require changing into regular work boots or tennis shoes, like yard work.

They are Dr. Martens "Marcie," naturally a discontinued style. What is it with me and discontinued styles, anyway? Despite the narrowish wedge heel, these boots are very stable. I don't know how that's possible, I only know that it is so. They have side zips AND shoelaces, which I've never had before. So far, this system seems to be handy, rather than a pain. I imagine that the laces will have to be tightened from time to time.

And then the pièce de résistance is that these are wife-approved. She looked at these the first time, and asked, "Are those new boots?"

"Uhhhh...yeah?"

"Oh, those look very nice! Those are OK. I agree for those boots [sic]."

post-19325-0-89632500-1417446546_thumb.j

post-19325-0-61333400-1417446565_thumb.j

MLRoseplant.. Those are cool! Wedge combat boots! Where did you find those?

eBay. I had been eyeing them for several months, and they were finally relisted, after having disappeared for a while. Since I have 2 others pairs of "fashion" Docs, I was reasonably sure of sizing.

Found Louboutin Bootylili 100s at a Neiman Marcus Last Call yesterday. I'll admit, I didn't buy em yet, but I am heading back to try them again with tights rather then trouser socks. They were a bit too snug last night.

I keep chIckening out as far as trying Louboutin's in either Saks fifth ave or Neiman Marcus :(

I really want to try a pair of 120s, but if I am going to spend that much I don't want patent or really pointy toes (just my preference).

post-289-0-54807800-1417716610_thumb.jpg

post-289-0-91507800-1417716835_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Found Louboutin Bootylili 100s at a Neiman Marcus Last Call yesterday. I'll admit, I didn't buy em yet, but I am heading back to try them again with tights rather then trouser socks. They were a bit too snug last night.

I keep chIckening out as far as trying Louboutin's in either Saks fifth ave or Neiman Marcus :(

I really want to try a pair of 120s, but if I am going to spend that much I don't want patent or really pointy toes (just my preference).

Gee, those boots are amazing, perfect with the great jeans also...

Boy, I'll bet they cost big bucks, but worth it...

I have been searching for winter boots since last spring, when I decided to retire my Vera Wang boots, which were falling apart. I had basically three requirements: 1) The sole should not be leather, the heel should be at least 4.5 inches tall, and they should be reasonably high quality. I figured finding such boots would be no problem, since I wear size 9, there are a million boots out there, I had several months to find them, and I was willing to pay pretty good money for the right pair.

It turned out to be not nearly as easy as I thought. To make a long story less long, I bought 4 pairs of boots that I rejected for various reasons before purchasing the boots pictured here. In the end, I wound up finding a pair of Simply Vera boots almost identical to the ones I had to trash last spring. The model name is Velma, and of course they aren't made any more. I like them even better than my old ones, as the Velmas have just a simple leather strap across the top of the foot, rather than a large triangular piece of leather that looks suspiciously like a metatarsal guard for a construction boot.

The heels measure just a tidge over 5 inches, and the platforms, both visible and hidden total a little over an inch, giving an effective rise of 4 inches--quite wearable. The heel is just a little bit thicker than stiletto thin, at 5/8 inch, but not chunky at all. The most surprising thing about them, however, is how well they deal with the snow and ice. I know it's not my imagination, because I did a back to back comparison between these and some other boots that were SUPPOSED to have been my winter boots, and there is no contest--the Veras are sure-footed and stable in slippery conditions, the other boots require great skill and nerves of steel to negotiate things like snow and ice covered hills or sidewalk ramps.

Some will say that I'm nuts for even wearing heels in inclement weather, but I say life is too short to let a little snow cramp your style, especially when you've got the right equipment. I shall endeavor to take care of these boots a little bit better than the ones they replaced. I wish that I could find a pair just like these that are better made and rather more durable.

I'm fussy about my boots as well, so am glad you found that nice pair.  I love slogging around in the snow in my boots as well.

Thighbootguy: yea, yea, yea. As I was paying for them I thought I should have gotten pics in the store. I will correct that at the next shop I hit north of West Palm Beach on my way to Cape Canaveral.

Sales girl remembered me ^.^

Tried on another pair but they were a bit glossy. Didn't have the red pumps I wanted in my size. Oh well.

Great boots, love the adidas wedges also

My newest pairs ..

Looking so fine in those tall boots over your jeans, yeah buddy!

I have another pair of new boots to share. These are a bit of a departure for me, in two ways: One, they are kind of low heeled, at 3 1/2 inches, and two, they are wedges. Oh, and three, I gave a bit more for them than I usually like to do. All of this was a conscious decision, designed to increase my total heeling time.

These boots accomplish this because due to the lower heel, combined with a 3/4" platform, they feel and walk just like a flat--well, to my mind anyway. Because they are wedges, I can now do most, if not all, the things that used to require changing into regular work boots or tennis shoes, like yard work.

They are Dr. Martens "Marcie," naturally a discontinued style. What is it with me and discontinued styles, anyway? Despite the narrowish wedge heel, these boots are very stable. I don't know how that's possible, I only know that it is so. They have side zips AND shoelaces, which I've never had before. So far, this system seems to be handy, rather than a pain. I imagine that the laces will have to be tightened from time to time.

And then the pièce de résistance is that these are wife-approved. She looked at these the first time, and asked, "Are those new boots?"

"Uhhhh...yeah?"

"Oh, those look very nice! Those are OK. I agree for those boots [sic]."

Miroseplant, Those are nice wedge boots, I have a pair in camel from a few years ago now, they also made a pair knee highs as well called "Leanne" that are really nice as well. Those wedge boots fit really well, nicely built, Dr Martens does not carry them anymore now which is sad. Good thing you found them on E-bay, I just found a pair of "Leanne" on Amazon but not many left now, they do not ship to Canada but maybe the US.

http://www.amazon.com/Dr-Martens-Womens-Leanne-Motorcycle/dp/B004RDNTWC

Cool..

After my adventure trying Louboutin's this week I decided I can't afford to put $1300 on a credit card (duh), so instead got a pair of Sorel Joan Of Arctic wedges that I can wear anywhere and in all conditions :)

post-289-0-57118500-1418314328_thumb.jpg

Hello all, Got these boots at a thrift store today.Paid 7.00 for them. DBDK Zina-1 is name the of the boots.

Fantastic find you have there, and they look good too.

It's amazing what you can find once in awhile at thrift shops. I haven't been that lucky lately, but I find I have to look anyways.

Hi yes I have bought some lovely over knee boots Im just waiting for the post man now 

Very nice...Very nice indeed!

Those are great looking boots.  Don't hide them under jeans or pants; you need to show them off.  I'd really like to see a picture and you are welcome to post in the Thigh Boots in Public thread unless you have your own.

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

After my adventure trying Louboutin's this week I decided I can't afford to put $1300 on a credit card (duh), so instead got a pair of Sorel Joan Of Arctic wedges that I can wear anywhere and in all conditions :)

Haha, pretty far off from the boots you were looking at from CL, but those look nice, sensible and will be a much easier bill to pay. 

All the buyer reviews I see for the Sorel boots you bought are very positive.  Hope you enjoy them.

Hhboots: so far I really like them. It warned up again and I can tell they will be my winter go too boots :) At least when I don't want the attention I get from moonboots.

For years my dream pair of boots was inspired by a music video by ZZ Top "Legs".

post-2843-0-04524900-1418961873_thumb.jp

Bought this pair on eBay, vintage 80s black leather OTK / pirate cuffed boots made in Italy, size 37 EUR, 6 1/2 - 7 US.  They are 4 1/4" spike high heels.  I took this pair to a local shoe repair store for brand new heel tips.  This is fine Italian leather, and feels soft like a glove.  Tops of this pair can be worn up for a sexy OTK look or cuffed for a pirate look.

So far I have gone on short simple outings like Starbucks or my local post office.  More stories and adventures will follow.  I am happy with my purchase and had one of my life's dreams come true.

post-2843-0-08206200-1418962789_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-39531900-1418962827_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-16168000-1418962947_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-47003700-1418962968_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-70277700-1418962999_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-69356200-1418963021_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-62827700-1418963042_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-86997300-1418963103_thumb.jp

post-2843-0-73258700-1418963120_thumb.jp