Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Went looking at the new boot selections at DSW to replace the 3 pairs I've basically destroyed over the last two years. Motorcycles and foul weather seem to take their toll on the highway. Was looking for a knee high boot, but ended up with the G BY Guess Sussex boot. The sole and heels have treads, and are rubber coated so the noise factor will be gone, and I shouldn't have a problem with the heel finish wearing off. Last pair had white plastic heels which are pretty obvious.

http://www.dsw.com/shoe/guess+sussex+combat+bootie?prodId=308227&productRef=SEARCH

New pair of wedge heels, I've been waiting for the cooler weather to start wearing these, Angels skinny jeans, I love them:

Hey Bcup, those very good looking, nice find!

Yes the weather has changed and it is time for boots again, yeah!

I recently purchased anew pair of boots from Fluevog called "Tinder" with a very comfy fit and a black heel, easy to walk in them

They have been getting a couple of newer shoes and boots for this fall again, some really nice styles.

post-2360-0-05643100-1411149226_thumb.pn

• 2 weeks later...

I recently purchased anew pair of boots from Fluevog called "Tinder" with a very comfy fit and a black heel, easy to walk in them

They have been getting a couple of newer shoes and boots for this fall again, some really nice styles.

Those are interesting ankle boots, might have actually considered them for myself, until I saw the price.  I just can't bring myself to spend $400+ on any pair of shoes  :) 

I like those boots, what are they?

As 12cm mentioned, the brand is 'Barbara Bui', and pretty sure those particular boots are an older make (no longer made, you wouldn't be able to find them easily).

I have been looking for the perfect pair of boots for quite some time, and I still haven't found them. However, as winter is rapidly approaching, I didn't let that stop me. I wound up buying not one, but two pairs of boots on eBay. Both of them are going to work out in their own way.

The first pair pictured are Aldo. I don't know the model, but they are taller and way thinner than what I was expecting. The heel is a full 5 inches, and it is literally the size of a pencil. I do not yet know what they are like comfort-wise, because I didn't get 2 city blocks in them before I realized something was terribly wrong. The left heel was broken, and I didn't notice it until I lengthened my stride outside. My cobbler fixed them for $6.36, tax included. I shall report further once this rain stops.

The other pair I got while the first pair was at the cobbler. It's probably just in my nature to be impulsive about things like this, but I got to thinking that while the first pair was pretty cool, these little ankle boots looked a whole lot more practical. They are Guess brand (again, I have no idea what model), have a 4 1/2 inch heel, and are a dream to walk in. In fact, they felt so nice that I broke my rule about rigorously testing a new pair of shoes before I'll wear them in public. With these, I jumped in the car and went right to the grocery store to pick up a few things. Later, I went on a walk around the neighborhood. These booties are going to work out just fine. However, I did dick up one of the heels right away, stepping in a crack. I'm not really used to stilettos and being careful of things like that.

post-19325-0-90870600-1413253841_thumb.j

post-19325-0-86222400-1413253862_thumb.j

post-19325-0-67701100-1413253879_thumb.j

post-19325-0-40878100-1413253895_thumb.j

I like both pairs of boots but especially the first pair from Aldo. That's pretty deceptive of the seller on eBay not to say that the heel was broken, but I'm glad you managed to get them properly repaired. I thought you'd swapped the left and right ones until I realised that they zip on the outside. That first pair would look awesome with skinny jeans, while I think the second pair would work great with tailored trousers.

One of the places I regularly wear heels at has a stone floor with wide gaps filled with a soft grouting between the floor tiles. I damaged a couple of heels until I got used to it, but I've got the hang of it now and, with care, it doesn't happen any more. You're right, it's not the sort of thing that most men (or even many women these days) need to worry about. In a strange way it's kind of helped me refine how I walk in heels, to the extent that I'm much lighter on my feet wearing flats too.

Anyway, enjoy winter in your new boots.

If you like it, wear it.

One for Aldo, one for Guess! Thanks, guys. SleekHeels, it IS a little bit different to have the zips on the outside, but it doesn't bother me I guess (no pun intended).

After several emails, I'm convinced that the seller didn't know about the broken heel. He was a man, supposedly selling his wife's shoes (I think this is actually true), and he says he didn't know about it. Even *I* didn't discover it until I actually walked outside, and then that tiny bit of odd wear on the left top lift suddenly made perfect sense.

The seller was willing to give me a full refund or pay to have them repaired. Because of my work schedule (I basically have to be rained out to make it to the cobbler shop), and the fact that we're not talking about a great deal of money here, I finally just told the seller to not worry about it any more, he'd been real decent about the whole thing, and that I'd left him positive feedback.

Now I just wish it would stop raining so hard so I can know for sure how they walk!

Good lookin boots there Marcel25........what brand are they and where did you get them????? Been lookin for a few pairs like this with the studs on the platforms for a long time

I have bought them at shoeusa.com

Good lookin boots there Marcel25........what brand are they and where did you get them????? Been lookin for a few pairs like this with the studs on the platforms for a long time

I have bought them at shoeusa.com

Once again, luck must be with me as I found a like new pair of Cleopatra......Brooke over the knee boots in a sz 11 at a local Goodwill thrift store in like new condition.......I knew that these were not cheap when new and I researched them after returning home........found them on-line at a low of $93 and a high of $130 plus shipping......they fit very well,and are very stable,not wobbly along with being easy to walk in........I got an incredible deal on them......attached is an online pic of them as it  is a lot of trouble right now to take a pic of my actual boots and post it........my boots are in excellent shape with very little signs of wear.......these will be keepers!!!!    Comments are welcome.post-3294-0-08847500-1413606862_thumb.jp Click on the pic to see a larger pic of the boots.

Wow, I like those, they're have quite a bold and distinctive styling without looking like they're trying too hard. They'd look great with the motorbike in your avatar picture, will you be riding in them? Great find, enjoy :)

If you like it, wear it.

Once again, luck must be with me as I found a like new pair of Cleopatra......Brooke over the knee boots in a sz 11 at a local Goodwill thrift store in like new condition.......I knew that these were not cheap when new and I researched them after returning home........found them on-line at a low of $93 and a high of $130 plus shipping......they fit very well,and are very stable,not wobbly along with being easy to walk in........I got an incredible deal on them......attached is an online pic of them as it  is a lot of trouble right now to take a pic of my actual boots and post it........my boots are in excellent shape with very little signs of wear.......these will be keepers!!!!    Comments are welcome.attachicon.gifCleopatra-Brooke-Black-Women-Over-The-Knee-Boots-7-5.jpg Click on the pic to see a larger pic of the boots.

Wow! The styling of those boots are flat out stunning! Well done on your purchase!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

How was it broken? Did your cobbler replace the entire heel? Seems inexpensive to me. Take some pics with them on.

The entire heel was coming loose from the sole of the shoe. The cobbler said that there is a screw that holds the heel on, and it was stripped out. Now it is solid, even more so than the other "good" heel.

I am somewhat discouraged, because although they fit well and are quite comfortable to wear around the house, I find that out in the real world, they are a bit too steep for me at this time, due to lack of ankle flexibility. It's amazing how much of a difference half an inch heel height can make in wearability/walkability. So for the present time, I aspire to these boots, but I don't think I'll be taking them for a spin at the grocery store anytime soon.

I am somewhat discouraged, because although they fit well and are quite comfortable to wear around the house, I find that out in the real world, they are a bit too steep for me at this time, due to lack of ankle flexibility. It's amazing how much of a difference half an inch heel height can make in wearability/walkability. So for the present time, I aspire to these boots, but I don't think I'll be taking them for a spin at the grocery store anytime soon.

It really seems like a shame to not show off those gorgeous boots.  I fully understand the difference an extra half inch of heel can make but with a lot of practice your ankle may tolerate the angle.  Give it some time, then give the folks in the grocery something to notice :penitent: .

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Since I discovered them on style.com, I had been hunting for Belstaff's Halewood boots (see here) since July this year. As I need them in size 41 (US 11), I pre-ordered them in the only Belstaff boutique in Germany (they only have one store in this country), and was reassured that "they will arrive in September in your size". September came... and they did not arrive. "Just wait, they will arrive in a few weeks, early October".

Meanwhile, I had visited the London Belstaff store during a business trip, but even they didn't have the boots in stock yet. I waited till October 10th, and then called the boutique in Munich again. "We are very sorry, but our store assistant might have been mistaken. We won't get this model into our store. Not at all!"

I was mad - months of waiting for some assitant screwing up. Now I started my global search. Saks in New York had them online till size 40. I chatted with someone from saks online - "yes, the store in New York lists them in size 41 - 1 pair". I called the store, but there was no pair in size 41. Only 40. I researched a few other online stores, but the largest size I could find was 40.

When I was in London, I had seen the ankle-boot version with a different kind of leather, but the same style - available on the Belstaff website in my size. So I ordered these instead, basically as a "second best" option, that I nonetheless do like very much. This weekend, I have worn them for the first time when I was doing grocery shopping. Although the are really high, the platform keeps the height to a still comfortable level.

Here's the pic from the online store:

belstaff_00_zps1be956ff.jpg

And here are a couple of pics I just shot:

belstaff_01_zps53e33dad.jpg

belstaff_02_zps7d9a32a7.jpg

belstaff_03_zps09370893.jpg

That was the first pair I bought in the last two weeks. The second one is by Marc Jacobs. Not sure whether it fits the "boots" section, although it is being sold as a "platform pump bootie".

While on the trip in London, I also visited the "Marc by Marc Jacobs" store and found a pair of ankle boots that I liked. Again, not available in my size.

After my trip, I started searching online stores for that pair (which I also found, plain black leather), but I also discovered the pump booties that even the store in London didn't have (patent & plain black leather combi). I was torn: Should I go for the regular boot or for the pump?

As I already own some boots with a chunky heel / sole from Jeffrey Campbell, I went for the pumps. I am not sure about the patent leather (it draws very much attention to your feet), but then again, I like them because they look different. So I decided to keep them.

Online store pic:

marc_jacobs_00_zpsce683e7d.jpg

My pics:

marc_jacobs_01_zps9e1665ff.jpg

marc_jacobs_03_zps333a975c.jpg

marc_jacobs_02_zps585569c1.jpg