Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

My new to me Cole Haan Poppy Bit Boots size 9 1/2c Ebay  $37.00

Just won on Ebay a size 10 pair also for $47.00

Feel great and quiet if you wear them under jeans no one will know

my fav boots now

They look way too good to wear under jeans.  Show them off!

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

June appears to be a time for incredible bargains. I just snagged two pair of Stuart Weitzman boots at a nearly 70% discuount. They are leg hugging to say the least. I'd say a pair of ultra skinny jeggins/jeans are going to be needed.

post-1458-0-97009700-1403144520_thumb.jp

post-1458-0-57147500-1403144534_thumb.jp

June appears to be a time for incredible bargains. I just snagged two pair of Stuart Weitzman boots at a nearly 70% discuount. They are leg hugging to say the least. I'd say a pair of ultra skinny jeggins/jeans are going to be needed.

Dig those wedge boots!

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

After a certain amount of soul-searching (or is that ‘sole-searching’?), but encouraged by most of the comments from other members, I decided to buy a pair of made-to-measure boots from Miguel Jones (Cowboy Boots USA). I chose what I think is the same style that member Rob had bought as his second pair in 2011, shown on eBay thus:  post-695-0-83815000-1403294688_thumb.jpg

I am a nominal UK11 (Eu45) and sent Miguel my measurements, pointing out that my right foot has a slightly larger bunion, and asked that the ‘spur ridge’ behind the 5” heel should be reduced as I think it spoils the lines (and I’m not a cowboy wearing spurs!). I asked that he send me a photo when they were ready for despatch, which he did – and they were ready in six weeks, almost exactly when promised. This is one of the photos he sent:   post-695-0-27837100-1403294500_thumb.jpg

I was a little disappointed that the shafts were noticeably shorter than those on the boots above, and queried this. I also asked for the spur ridge to be further reduced. Miguel told me that the shafts were always made to the height he had given mine (so what were the boots on eBay?) but that he would reshape the heels for me. They were ready and shipped a week later and arrived here in the UK exactly a week after that – rather quicker than I expected.

I am impressed with the quality and finish; they are leather throughout and seem well made. The heels are exactly 5” and a good shape – sturdy and stable but not ugly. I was rather sceptical about going for a 5” heel as my attempts to wear a stiletto of this height have not been very successful. However, I was pleasantly surprised to find that the boots felt comfortable as soon as I put them on and walking indoors was not a problem, although my legs seem to want to bow outwards as little – is this a common phenomenon with higher heels? As the sole is quite thick (and should wear well), I guess that this has reduced the effective rise enough to make the 5” heel more wearable for me. The insole has some padding and the heel tops are substantial rubber, which makes no noise. The boots are perhaps a little on the large size (as all MJ boots seem to be) but that is no bad thing and allows thick socks to be worn for comfort. I am used to pointed toes but these have quite long toes (which will take a little getting used to), which do I think improve the appearance as they counteract the foreshortening effect of a high heel.

My experience of dealing with Miguel Jones has been positive throughout. He responded courteously and promptly to my various messages and delivered what I wanted within the advertised timescale and at a reasonable price.

I have yet to wear the boots for any length of time or to venture outside, but will report on progress if I live to tell the tale, and hope to include some photos. I shall have to find the right jeans to wear with them – not too baggy and long enough to hide about half of the heel when standing – I don’t want to attract too much attention. But the overall look is, to my eye, a masculine boot that just happens to have a high (OK – very high!) heel and I think they will be acceptable street wear in the right places. Any comments or suggestions welcomed.

Ok, was in Orlando and hit a Diesel outlet, found a pair I've been looking for. The Hi-Travis, knocked down from $225 to $36! Wow :D

Now I have the lace up and zip up versions, glad I did not get them off 6pm for $130 now.

post-289-0-42333400-1403902792_thumb.jpg

(formerly known as "JimC")

Ok, was in Orlando and hit a Diesel outlet, found a pair I've been looking for. The Hi-Travis, knocked down from $225 to $36! Wow :D

Now I have the lace up and zip up versions, glad I did not get them off 6pm for $130 now.

Man.. I need to drive down to Florida and go shopping with you. You find all this cool stuff at blow out prices.. ;)

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Man.. I need to drive down to Florida and go shopping with you. You find all this cool stuff at blow out prices.. ;)

I cover a very large area of Florida for work, and might find something like that one in twenty stops, but I keep trying. Usually go shopping while in heels, and the Sawgrass Mall in Fort Lauderdale is a great place to put in a couple miles on heels while inside air conditioning.

(formerly known as "JimC")

just buyed a pair on aliexpress... size 13us...but too large for my feet. maybe it's look like size 14 ... so, i am not very satisfacted with that, another pair who will sleep with somme others older pairs...

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I'm rather disappointed that no-one has commented (positively or not) on my new boots described at #2234 above.   I have now road-tested them and they are quite comfortable to walk in outside but I'm still finding a tendency for my ankles to bow outwards a little.  I wonder why this is, as the boots themselves fit quite snugly and give some support - presumably heel height or my poor posture!  

I'm rather disappointed that no-one has commented (positively or not) on my new boots described at #2234 above.   I have now road-tested them and they are quite comfortable to walk in outside but I'm still finding a tendency for my ankles to bow outwards a little.  I wonder why this is, as the boots themselves fit quite snugly and give some support - presumably heel height or my poor posture!  

They're quite a distinctive style Puffer, not quite my cup of tea but it's nice to see people expressing their own styles and, like you say, they would look good with the right pair of jeans and be very acceptable street wear.

As for the ankles bowing outwards, I do find that the heels of my flat shoes wear out slightly unevenly (more on the outside), but with high heels the wear seems to be even. I have one very old (20 years) pair of ankle boots (3½" heels) whose heels have worn unevenly, and they always felt like my ankles were bowing outwards even when they were new. I wonder as I've worn high heels over the years if it's actually corrected any bowing of my ankles, because I remember the unevenness of wear on flats being a lot more than it is now.

If you like it, wear it.

I finally got some time and ordered the following booties from Zappos Shoes a Nine West bootie named Bessy, with rear zipper in black and from Steve Madden a bootie named Lauper also with a rear zipper.  They are both so nice.

A new pair of boots here also....an impulse buy at the local goodwill,paid more than I should have, but the boots are prectically new with little to no wear at all.......they are sz 11 black suede knee high made by Gianni Bini with a 1/4 inch platform...snug at the top of the leg due to not having an expandible gusset (which I prefer)........may get some use out of them this winter or may sell them......a wait,wear, and see thing........will post some pics at a later date.

They're quite a distinctive style Puffer, not quite my cup of tea but it's nice to see people expressing their own styles and, like you say, they would look good with the right pair of jeans and be very acceptable street wear.

As for the ankles bowing outwards, I do find that the heels of my flat shoes wear out slightly unevenly (more on the outside), but with high heels the wear seems to be even. I have one very old (20 years) pair of ankle boots (3½" heels) whose heels have worn unevenly, and they always felt like my ankles were bowing outwards even when they were new. I wonder as I've worn high heels over the years if it's actually corrected any bowing of my ankles, because I remember the unevenness of wear on flats being a lot more than it is now.

I realise that my MJ boots - intended to be worn by a man, despite the heel - are probably of little interest to those here who prefer more feminine styles, some of whom (like yourself) also wear other female clothes - and look good in them!   It does seem to me that the trend on this board is towards displaying more extreme styles in footwear and general appearance, and those of us who are a little more modest in our choices and aspirations (often because of limited availability of 'man-sized' footwear, in particular) are becoming something of a minority.

I'm sure you are right about ankles bowing out.   It is very common for the heels on one's (flat) shoes to wear more on the outside; I guess bow legs are the norm rather than knock knees!   The leaning effect of slightly bowed legs will be most obvious with a high, chunky heel, as simple geometry will prove.   That must be what I have been experiencing and maybe it will reduce in time if I try to walk in a manner which counteracts the bowing effect but is still natural.   Time will tell.

I realise that my MJ boots - intended to be worn by a man, despite the heel - are probably of little interest to those here who prefer more feminine styles, some of whom (like yourself) also wear other female clothes - and look good in them!   It does seem to me that the trend on this board is towards displaying more extreme styles in footwear and general appearance, and those of us who are a little more modest in our choices and aspirations (often because of limited availability of 'man-sized' footwear, in particular) are becoming something of a minority.

I actually thought that your boots have a more "extreme" distinctive styling that's far more bold than a conventional pair of (women's) court shoes or men's boots. I tend not to take many photos of my usual heels with jeans and shirt outfits because they're more of an unremarkable non-event these days, but even in a skirt I always present myself as "sir" not "madam". Far from being of little interest, I admire your originality in style, and we're all championing men in heels in our different ways.

Reading what you said about ankles bowing, it just occured to me that as I've got used to wearing higher heels, I've also got used to transferring more of my weight to the balls of my feet, and maybe that's transferred to how I walk in flats too. Also learning to walk gracefully in stilleto heels. especially on slippery tiled floor surfaces, has perhaps balanced out any asymmetries in my ankle position, and that's transferred to how I walk in wider heels whether they're high wedges or flats.

I wonder with your boots if it might be the long pointed toes that might be throwing your walking action into a more bowed pattern? The other thing that springs to mind is that if I'm wearing high heels close to the limit of what I can manage, I have to shorten my stride and "teeter" a little bit, otherwise a longer stride does tend to exaggerate any bowing in my ankles. Having become accustomed to pencil skirts helps with that (I also sit with my knees together on public transport, much to the relief of my female neighbour travellers), but guys in trousers may tend to keep a longer stride.

If you like it, wear it.

I actually thought that your boots have a more "extreme" distinctive styling that's far more bold than a conventional pair of (women's) court shoes or men's boots. ...

I suppose that it is open to anyone to determine what 'extreme' is, subjectively, but I must admit I was amused at the suggestion that a man wearing my male boots is more extreme in his look than one wearing women's (stiletto) courts (and, by implication, a skirt or other female garments, as you do - and very presentably too!).   This is rather like anyone who drives considering himself qualified to pronounce definitively on the ability of any other driver on the road (as we all tend to do!).

I wonder with your boots if it might be the long pointed toes that might be throwing your walking action into a more bowed pattern? ...

I don't think the pointed toes affect my gait at all.   I'm sure you agree that the usual (or at least recommended) way of walking in high heels is to put the heel down first.   I do this and the toes, however long, find their way to the ground afterwards.   They might perhaps cause a slight change in my gait as I lift my foot and start to take the next step, but the bow-legged feeling comes with the down rather than the up movement, i.e. as my heel touches the ground it is leaning a little outwards.   I will practise some more and see what happens.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just got my first pair of high heels, they are 6" pleaser platform ankle boots. Love them.

Enjoy wearing your new boots. Beware though once you start you may end up getting more pairs.

I recently got stretch fabric boots from Next.

post-2264-0-67623400-1405232955_thumb.jp

I suppose that it is open to anyone to determine what 'extreme' is, subjectively, but I must admit I was amused at the suggestion that a man wearing my male boots is more extreme in his look than one wearing women's (stiletto) courts (and, by implication, a skirt or other female garments, as you do - and very presentably too!). 

Well I tend to agree with SH on this. Nobody is going to miss these massive heels.

• 2 weeks later...

These are my latest pick-up.

Legroom brand, black knee high boots, with a 5cm heel, size 9E.

I wanted something casual but trendy at the same time and I really loved the look of these. I think they look great under or over some dark blue stonewashed jeans. By far the nicest fittings boots I own, also. The leather is buttery soft and feels worn in despite being brand new, and they're incredibly nice to walk in and they feel as if they have no heel at all while still giving you that uplifting sense of extra height and empowerment from wearing a pair of boots. Thinking of going to meet a friend for some coffee soon and try them out properly. At £20 on eBay you can't complain, really.

2ymtw0k.jpg

6qzgyf.jpg

1p9mcl.jpg