Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I was looking for some short boots that I could wear out and about without being obvious.  Ergo, something with a block type heel and fairly sturdy in appearance.  ...  I know they are not overt, but as indicated, I was looking for something that I could wear without much notice, though if anyone looks, the fairly short and slightly tapered toe box will give them away as not being a man's boot.

An interesting comment, Ron.   I have several pairs of men's ankle boots (Chelsea or Beatle styles) with tapered, pointed or chisel toes, some with cuban heels.   I certainly don't consider that a 'tapered toe box' indicates a non-male boot, and your boots are essentially round-toed.   In my view, a round and possibly clumpy toe can draw too much attention to what should be a fairly streamlined boot shape (regardless of the heel) as well as looking less elegant.  

Your boots look fine to me for discreet street-heeling, although the buckled strap is somewhat alien to a man's boot style, at least in the UK.

RonC, I bought a similar pair for the same reason last year.  These are my new OTK boots, from New Look. £45, size 9. They fit perfectly. I've worn them around the house, I'm not public heeling so much, not so obviously anyway, but I am looking for ways to wear them. I just I missed a trick with the Halloween parties around :(

Link to New Look, for those interested

If only I felt comfortable enough to wear those out and about!  

An interesting comment, Ron.   I have several pairs of men's ankle boots (Chelsea or Beatle styles) with tapered, pointed or chisel toes, some with cuban heels.   I certainly don't consider that a 'tapered toe box' indicates a non-male boot, and your boots are essentially round-toed.   In my view, a round and possibly clumpy toe can draw too much attention to what should be a fairly streamlined boot shape (regardless of the heel) as well as looking less elegant.  

Your boots look fine to me for discreet street-heeling, although the buckled strap is somewhat alien to a man's boot style, at least in the UK.

I guess taper or narrowness was not really the correct term, as you are right, these are more rounded.  I think the issue is the length of the toe area - maybe not as much space from the end of the toes to the end of the shoe as a man's boot would have.  They certainly don't look like a typical man's boot would.  

They are discreet, and I do not suggest otherwise - it is exactly why I bought them.  The buckle is hidden by my pant leg, so that doesn't show.  Again, seeking to have them go unnoticed.  And I believe I will succeed at that in most every instance!  

Thanks!

I guess taper or narrowness was not really the correct term, as you are right, these are more rounded.  I think the issue is the length of the toe area - maybe not as much space from the end of the toes to the end of the shoe as a man's boot would have.  They certainly don't look like a typical man's boot would.  

They are discreet, and I do not suggest otherwise - it is exactly why I bought them.  The buckle is hidden by my pant leg, so that doesn't show.  Again, seeking to have them go unnoticed.  And I believe I will succeed at that in most every instance!  

Thanks!

I'm not sure I understand, Ron.   If the boots are the right size, how can there be less room than normal (for a man's boot) between the wearer's toes and the front end of the boot?   Or are you suggesting that the shaft is set further forward on this boot so giving the illusion that the upper is foreshortened - in which case they must be a sloppy fit around the ankle, surely?

It seems that when it comes to boots, I am a man of extremes.  I have essentially flat snow boots and work boots, and then I have two pairs of 5 inch plus dress boots.  I was looking for something with about a 3 - 3.5 inch heel that could be worn in inclement weather if necessary.  Well, I didn't succeed.  Instead, I got these.  They are by far the nicest pair of shoes I own, not including my Church's men's oxfords.

They are Via Spiga Valerie, very, very dark brown, size 9, with a 4.25 inch heel.  I won them on ebay, brand new in the box, at a fraction of the original retail price.  I believe they were so deeply discounted because they have a tiny blemish on the right toe that you can't notice unless you are examining them carefully.

I was a little worried that they wouldn't fit because my ex-wife always said that Via Spiga runs narrow. As it turns out, not only were they not too small, there was enough room for me to wear my merino wool socks.  Perfect.  Too perfect.  I skipped my usual day wearing them around the house, and went right outside for a walk.  A 2.5 mile walk.  Wow!  Right out of the box, they passed my test.  If I can't walk at least 2 miles in a pair of heels in reasonable comfort, they're gone.  I've sadly culled a number of pairs of shoes for this reason.

There is always a fly in the ointment, however.  In this case, the fly is that the soles of these boots are leather (which I normally consider a plus), and, evidently, not the tough leather of finer quality men's shoes.  I wore them to accompany my 4 year-old son for Halloween trick-or-treating.  Although we were very lucky, and it didn't rain on us as predicted, it had rained quite a lot during the day, and everything was quite wet.  When we got back, I found, to my dismay, that I had ruined the soles of my brand new expensive boots.  It wasn't quite as bad as that, but that one night did put quite a lot of wear on the soles.  So I guess these won't be the winter boots I'd hoped they'd be.

Still, these are absolutely awesome boots!  I haven't had them but two weeks, and I've worn them practically every day.  I think that even my wife likes them.  .  . quite secretly.

post-19325-0-12674800-1383955169_thumb.j

post-19325-0-55257700-1383955190_thumb.j

post-19325-0-53850800-1383955215_thumb.j

post-19325-0-54601900-1383955234_thumb.j

Nice looking ankle boots. I have a similar pair in black I got from Nine West last winter.  They are fun to wear. I have even worn them out with leggings, so the whole heel was showing. You don't need to hide those boots.Show off your heels!

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

mlroseplant.......your boots look good!!!!! do like I did and preserve the soles by gluing a thin piece of textured(non slip) rubber  to the soles.....this was actually an idea from my shoe repairman so I have no idea where he got the rubber sheeting.......it serves the purpose very well and I have had no problems with the boots walking(slipping) or otherwise........just an idea for you......this was done on the boots pictured in my avatar and more detailed pics can be found at motorcowboy.com........rubber sheeting on soles was originally smooth.

I'm not sure I understand, Ron.   If the boots are the right size, how can there be less room than normal (for a man's boot) between the wearer's toes and the front end of the boot?   Or are you suggesting that the shaft is set further forward on this boot so giving the illusion that the upper is foreshortened - in which case they must be a sloppy fit around the ankle, surely?

No, not really sloppy around the ankle.  All I can tell you is that there is just not as much shoe in the toe box area as there is ain a typical man's shoe.  Narrow, length, whatever, it is different.  Heel causes some of that, as the length is alter by the rise.

WOW - Great looking boots, and way out of my price range (slow loading site - Look for CLAVEL on page 2).

The heels just take practice (and more practice) but it is worth the effort.

It really seems like a shame to hide them under jeans.  Try wearing them over skinny jeans.

What do you consider a "normal" pair of boots?

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

got their from their ebay store : http://www.ebay.com/usr/gianricomorishoes

and when i said a "normal" pair, i wanted to say a more practical height of heel for me, sorry for the confusion. so, personally, i prefer boots under pants, yes, but they are beautiful, but i dont really have a good pants to wear under. :unsure: 

so, i just winning an new auction from their store a minute ago...can't resist to a new model i see  Posted Image

got their from their ebay store : http://www.ebay.com/usr/gianricomorishoes

and when i said a "normal" pair, i wanted to say a more practical height of heel for me, sorry for the confusion. so, personally, i prefer boots under pants, yes, but they are beautiful, but i dont really have a good pants to wear under. :unsure: 

so, i just winning an new auction from their store a minute ago...can't resist to a new model i see  Posted Image

What is the shaft length on those from the top of the heel to the top of the boot?

I SOOOOO want these but the wife said " ME FIRST!!! "

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MORI-EXTREME-HIGH-STRETCH-OVERKNEE-DAMEN-MADE-ITALY-STIEFEL-BOOTS-SCHWARZ-BLACK-/181256031626?pt=DE_Damenschuhe&hash=item2a33b38d8a

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

Stopped by the new Nordstrom Rack near my place (only 45 minutes away! Woohoo!), and came away with a new pair of rain boots :)

They are my first pair by Coach, which this specific store seemed to have quite a selection of, and were about $60. The heel is a full 5", with about 1" of platform. They were a size 11, but with thicker socks they seem fine, so might get some use outside. The rubber is nice and shiny, so they will go with some clothes I have.

post-289-0-47042000-1384376454_thumb.jpe

(formerly known as "JimC")

Nice looking rain boots, Rockpup. I wouldn't mind having a pair myself. There is no Nordstrom's or their Rack store anywhere near me. And as far as, Coach, I didn't know they made boots either.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Nice looking rain boots, Rockpup. I wouldn't mind having a pair myself. There is no Nordstrom's or their Rack store anywhere near me. And as far as, Coach, I didn't know they made boots either.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Coach makes boots, but I've never seen a pair of rubber boots with higher heels then the Hunter's I have. 

http://reviews.coach.com/9059/114363/coach-brenda-rainboot-reviews/reviews.htm

(formerly known as "JimC")

iibb - Great looking boots!  Don't hide either pair under jeans.

I love the tall ones; look of a thigh high boot and the comfort of a knee high.

Tell us a little more about them.  Where did you find them, what brand/style ...

Do the tall ones look that good when you sit?

TBG

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

iibb - Great looking boots!  Don't hide either pair under jeans.

I love the tall ones; look of a thigh high boot and the comfort of a knee high.

Tell us a little more about them.  Where did you find them, what brand/style ...

Do the tall ones look that good when you sit?

TBG

Thanks TBG my english is not good sorry,, the black t hights i have buy in France costs 12€ and the grey in Germany for 20€ ..This is not Leather ,but i loved to wear them .

What a great price for the black thigh high boots even if they are not leather! 

Like I said, don't hide the tall boots under jeans. (ne pas cacher les bottes hautes en vertu jeans.)

Do these high boots look good when you're sitting? (Ne ces bottes hautes regarder bien quand vous êtes assis?)

Sorry my French is from google.

TBG

What a great price for the black thigh high boots even if they are not leather! 

Like I said, don't hide the tall boots under jeans. (ne pas cacher les bottes hautes en vertu jeans.)

Do these high boots look good when you're sitting? (Ne ces bottes hautes regarder bien quand vous êtes assis?)

Sorry my French is from google.

TBG

our french are very good...

post-1349-0-31975100-1384512825_thumb.jp

post-1349-0-70077800-1384512932_thumb.jp

post-1349-0-81582500-1384513071_thumb.jp

post-1349-0-08005800-1384513131_thumb.jp

Just got these from Lane Bryant today.  I bought them in-store.  The heel is a little higher and thinner than I'm used to, but they are totally rockstar, in my opinion.  My wife wants a pair, too.  I like them so much, I chose them for my avatar image...

Just got these from Lane Bryant today.  I bought them in-store.  The heel is a little higher and thinner than I'm used to, but they are totally rockstar, in my opinion.  My wife wants a pair, too.  I like them so much, I chose them for my avatar image...

I also left an online review, which clearly states I am a guy.  They say it takes 48 hours for the review to appear online.  It'll be interesting to see if they post it or edit it...

Greetings all :-) Just received my new boots ! (The heel is 4½" (115 mm) - No platform) They are very nice and comfortable (Much nicer when I wear them :fine:) I walked out of the store wearing them under my trousers (Got a few looks) See pictures below wearing my boots with capri pants so you can see them. Note that the shaft is tight so I won't be able to wear them over jeans... JeffB :) You were an inspiration to me: I finally bought a shoulder bag ! I'm so glad that I don't have to carry anything in my pockets anymore ! Happy heeling all !

Those boots are GREAT

They are absolutely gorgeous! Wear them with pride.

I agree, those boots are amazing!