Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Well I'm a mechanical guy. Snap-On tools are great, but my Craftsman wrenches turn the same bolts for 1/4 the price. If that makes any sense.

Quite right! Some cheap tools are rubbish, but high price does not always guarantee quality or longevity. It is largely a question of whether the tools are looked after and not abused; I have a number of tools bought from Woolworths and the like 50+ years ago which still do their job. And I think the same goes for shoes and most other clothes - they are more likely to go out of fashion than wear out, unless thrashed to death on a daily basis with no 'recovery' time.

Hello

I received today a pair of block heeled boots from Diba. I bought them second hand on Ebay for 19$.

The heel is 4in, the leather is really nice and look strong (not cheap).

I wlaked with and they are great! I'm really happy with this latest purchase, good boots for winter!

Bye

post-13927-0-29127300-1358338639_thumb.j

post-13927-0-42784600-1358338662_thumb.j

post-13927-0-90685400-1358338671_thumb.j

Quite right! Some cheap tools are rubbish, but high price does not always guarantee quality or longevity. It is largely a question of whether the tools are looked after and not abused; I have a number of tools bought from Woolworths and the like 50+ years ago which still do their job.

I have yet to find a craftsman ratchet ( 1/2 inch ) that didnt break when trying to pull a harmonic balancer when using a 6-8foot pipe for leverage. Snap ons take it in stride.

That being said..

And I think the same goes for shoes and most other clothes - they are more likely to go out of fashion than wear out, unless thrashed to death on a daily basis with no 'recovery' time.

My favorite footwear is a pair of NineWest ' Pinktop ' wedge booties. In the last year, they have been worn almost daily and they have seen much better times in their use. I believe I originally paid under 100$ for them.

Compared to other shoes from Payless or Kmart or Deb.. I dont think they would have lasted this long. I dont think a similar pair of Louboutins would have endured half as well.

A LOT of a pricetag on most footwear is the name. The same applies for tools, cars and all sorts of other consumer items.

I personally cannot justify spending over 300$ on a pair of footwear endless its something Im going to wear quite often ( workboots/steel toe/Safety boots ) or for a ' gift ' to myself. I sold a couple pairs of CL's and being honest.. they were over 800$ a pair when bought and I didnt see much of a difference nor feel much of a difference then from some of the other shoes that were left to me that were a third ( or less ) the price.

There are brands out there that wont break the bank that are just as comfortable and have the same quality and same comfort.

REPEATEDLY ARGUMENTATIVE, INSULTING AND RUDE. BANNED FOR LIFE.

A LOT of a pricetag on most footwear is the name. The same applies for tools, cars and all sorts of other consumer items.

As with any consumer good, there are certain economic principles that apply to it.

Normally, the law of demand states that the higher the price, the lower the quantity that gets sold:

Posted Image

There is also the assumption that the higher the price, the higher the quality. I can only say: It depends.

I got wedges from Jil Sander at a sales price of around 700 USD, and my cobbler was totally blown away by the amazing quality of craftmanship and the quality of leather. He said that these boots are worth much more than what I paid for.

On the other hand, I got heels at prices around 200 USD that were of similar quality as 600 USD heels. Price does not always equal quality.

But a very low price often equals low quality in terms of materials: If heels are glued, not sewed, if it is made from "man made upper / synthetics" and not leather, it is a no-go-item in my opinion.

Michael Kors and Guess both produce their shoes in China and while I like the design, the quality is (in my opinion) only so-so.

Same applies for a skirt (actually a kilt) that I bought from Burberry Prorsum. I do sew items myself, so I looked how well made it was. I saw seamlines that weren't straight, finishes (inside) that did not look as neatly finished as I would have expected from Burberry. Made in China. Ok... maybe a little China bashing here, but these brands actually charge a very high premium on goods produced at a very low price. Here, the so called Veblen effect might come into play:

Posted Image

With a Veblen good, the regular price curve also applies, but above a certain threshold (snob value), with higher price the quantity sold rises again. Many luxury goods follow the Veblen principle.

Posted Image

Some brands are seriously overpriced in my opinion. Louboutin: Really nice quality, but are boots really worth over 1,000 USD a pair? Maybe not.

The only point that I see in buying heels > 500 USD per pair is if the pair has a certain uniqueness to it. In the end, copies of some iconic brand items will appear 12-15 months later in stores like H&M and Zara, at a fraction of the price, in a lower quality. It really depends whether one is wearing heels for a short time because there is a certain trend (e.g. wedges) - in that case, buying designers might not be very smart. On the other hand, if I like a certain item, I am willing to wear it even if it is no longer "in", so I can also buy a higher quality.

I have yet to find a craftsman ratchet ( 1/2 inch ) that didnt break when trying to pull a harmonic balancer when using a 6-8foot pipe for leverage. Snap ons take it in stride.

I personally cannot justify spending over 300$ on a pair of footwear ...

There are brands out there that wont break the bank that are just as comfortable and have the same quality and same comfort.

I think your use of a long pipe for leverage constitutes abuse of your ratchet, so I don't sympathise if it breaks!!

Agreed on all counts about pricing; I would baulk at Ā£100 unless the shoes were really really special.

I think your use of a long pipe for leverage constitutes abuse of your ratchet, so I don't sympathise if it breaks!!

But it does show which one is stronger and of better quality.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

If a Craftsman tool breaks, you take it back for a new one. I have broken many Sears (Craftsman) tools over the years and yes I did add a pipe to a breaker bar for added leverage, broke it (1/2" drive too) took it back to Sears, got a new one, no questions asked. My father-in-law who was a truck mechanic for over 60 years swore by Craftsman tools. When they broke, took them to Sears and got new ones. I have some of their power tools, now their newer ones are junk but any one that is over 25 years old was well built by today's standards. I guess this has gone of the topic of heeling, but that's my .02 worth. Happy Heeling, bluejay

ah, using craftsmans tools while wearing tall high heel boots-thats the way it should be, to show the rest of the world that HEELS ARE FOR GUYS!!! :rocker:

Hi,,,here my new pant...boots. from E-b...

Nice looking boots,iibb. Hope that you enjoy wearing them. They look good with the faux leather pants, it kinda gives you a sexy look too.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

Well my new boots arrived this afternoon from Amazon.com. They are Nine West "Scapegoat" in black with a 5 1/2" heel and 1 1/2" platform. They are very comfortable to wear and I LOVE them. I was lucky to get them, as mine was the last size 11 left in black. I will be posting a review of them on the Nine West site and Amazon.com site too, when I get the time. I will definitely mention in my review that I am a male, that likes to wear heeled boots and shoes.

I am including a couple of pics of them. #1 the boots, #2 wearing the boots with DKNY black skinny jeans, and orange Izod top, #3 another pic showing the boot.

Happy Heeling,

bluejay

post-2962-0-16511800-1358574311_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-42992600-1358574381_thumb.jp

post-2962-0-50802600-1358574441_thumb.jp

Hi Jimnj3,,Size is 43 (12us) buy on E-b..y .de , this boots coming from Poland search on E-b... Stiefelhose+ your Size..

That link does not lead to the boots. I think this is the relevant seller (example boot - not the same as iibb's): http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

That supplier has a very large range of boots, shoes and sandals (mostly with a 5 - 5.5" heel) in latex or PU (and a few in leather) in the size range Eu35 - 47. The feedback seems good; the styles are mostly appealing and I'm rather tempted! (But watch the postage charges; they seem rather erratic.)

Can iibb (or anyone else who has bought from here) please confirm that this is the seller, and comment on the sizing/fit and quality?

I bought 4 pair from them. Three pumps and 1 boot. The paumps were 1 pairwith noraml heels, fit great and I wear them often. 2 pair of metal spike pumps, I still have them and wear them occasionally but they will destroy anything you walk on so be careful. I think the metal heeded shoes are a bit unstable as well. The boots were missized by two or three sizes. The quality is OK, like a Pleaser. The soles are thicker and the leather is lower qualtiy.

I bought 4 pair from them. Three pumps and 1 boot. The paumps were 1 pairwith noraml heels, fit great and I wear them often. 2 pair of metal spike pumps, I still have them and wear them occasionally but they will destroy anything you walk on so be careful. I think the metal heeded shoes are a bit unstable as well. The boots were missized by two or three sizes. The quality is OK, like a Pleaser. The soles are thicker and the leather is lower qualtiy.

Can you be more specific, please? What size was marked on your boots and what do you think was the true (USM or Eu) size?

That link does not lead to the boots. I think this is the relevant seller (example boot - not the same as iibb's): http://www.ebay.co.u...984.m1423.l2649

That supplier has a very large range of boots, shoes and sandals (mostly with a 5 - 5.5" heel) in latex or PU (and a few in leather) in the size range Eu35 - 47. The feedback seems good; the styles are mostly appealing and I'm rather tempted! (But watch the postage charges; they seem rather erratic.)

Can iibb (or anyone else who has bought from here) please confirm that this is the seller, and comment on the sizing/fit and quality?

Hi Puffer yes that is the producer look pantboots or in german Stiefelhose, When u buy the Boots the producer sent u a mail with questions lenght for the pant shosize etc i have shoesize 43 eur (12us) and the pantlenght for me in 110cm heelheight is 14cm..look fashion-style.com

post-1349-0-80896600-1358682621_thumb.jp

post-1349-0-02307900-1358682639_thumb.jp

Yippee! I got my boots today...

Posted Image

The heels are higher than expected (probably because of them being size US 10.5 / 41) - nearly 5 inches on both boots.

Although they are by the same manufacturer (Ballin), the suede ones fit more snugly than the black ones, and are also a bit more difficult to walk in, perhaps because the bootleg isn't cut as high and therefore doesn't provide as much support. Don't know.

What I like: I don't have to bring them to my cobbler to get a rubber (Vibram) sole installed: Ballin has put a rubber insert in the middle of the sole to prevent slipping. Very well done.

Walking: Ok, I still have to learn to walk gracefully in 5 inch stiletto heels. Right now, I think I am walking a bit clumsy, at least I am noticing that I am not walking as natural as in the other boots I own. I guess I will need more practice...

Also... I just had gotten back some trousers from the alteration service to get them hemmed for my Costume National boots. The fit perfectly for those boots, but are a little too short for the new boots. Probably have to get new trousers at one point for these boots.

All in all a good buy at the price that I paid; the original retail price would have been a bit too high in my opinion. Definitely two keepers :-)

They look great, do you wear those outdoors also ?

Hi,,,here my new pant...boots. from E-b...

I have been looking at these boots a long time at their website......are the pantboots made of a thin polyurethane covered cloth or of a thicker polyurethane material like ladies boots and upholstery is made of????/ I would prefer the thicker polyurethane material my self......there are several pairs at their websits but I am having a time translating german....information on this from you would be most appreciated....thanks!

Hi all,Got these new boots at journeys yesterday.wore them out of the store.And where on sale also.$39.00 http://www.journeys.com/product.aspx?id=233934&c=817&b=Shi%20by%20Journeys&g=w&p=2

I saw a pair of those at a Journeys when I was shopping out of town - - Damned - - all they had left was a size 6

Mater of fact, all of the over the knee and up boots were limited to sizes 6 and 7. What a bummer. The local Journeys doesn't stock anything in these styles. Got to go find some elsewhere.

I have been looking at these boots a long time at their website......are the pantboots made of a thin polyurethane covered cloth or of a thicker polyurethane material like ladies boots and upholstery is made of????/ I would prefer the thicker polyurethane material my self......there are several pairs at their websits but I am having a time translating german....information on this from you would be most appreciated....thanks!

i Hi crotchhiguy,my modell is the thin polyuretane but you can order the thicker modele in faux leather by the same producer look here

post-1349-0-64654500-1358797711_thumb.jp

Thanks, Crotchhiguy. There's nothing new under the sun, is there? I used to work for a large corporation in new product development. I was always amazed to find that ideas that we came up with or which were posed by others, turned out to have been thought of decades ago. All it took was some research to find that out. Sometimes the technology wasn't advanced enough to make it go forward back then, but it was a humbling experience to learn that our "great" ideas weren't so original. So I'm not surprised at what you posted. Steve

Thanks, Crotchhiguy. There's nothing new under the sun, is there?

I used to work for a large corporation in new product development. I was always amazed to find that ideas that we came up with or which were posed by others, turned out to have been thought of decades ago. All it took was some research to find that out. Sometimes the technology wasn't advanced enough to make it go forward back then, but it was a humbling experience to learn that our "great" ideas weren't so original. So I'm not surprised at what you posted.

Steve

steve, here's a couple more pics of the chest high boots for everybody to see

post-3294-0-87803200-1359219949_thumb.jp

post-3294-0-04685700-1359219982_thumb.jp