Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

You're right, I went to the mall wearing them today (I was a bit worried that I would still be walking in a weird way). I could not care less about people's reactions, but nobody seems to have noticed (or if they did, I didn't notice their noticing). It was good!

Very similar to a pair I wear regularly, I doubt you will get much reaction, I certainly don't. Very good for street heeling.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

Nice video collection. Try wearing the grey boots over the cutoff jeans. I think it would improve the look of the boots and the jeans.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, ended up not getting the Rick Owens boots, but did get these hiking boots from Ash. Better tread and reg leather VS suede means I hope to use these in the snow/Ice at some point. Until then they have just over a 4" wedge heel, with a 1/2" platform. The leather is nice and padded, which makes them comfortable. I did get a few odd looks as I decided to try both on and walk around a bit to make sure they were comfortable and used the mens dept as the womens was -very- busy. Two other customers could not get over the fact I was not only trying on 4" heels, but also taking off my own 4" heels to do so ;)

These are the Ash Zenith boot

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

Nice video collection. Try wearing the grey boots over the cutoff jeans. I think it would improve the look of the boots and the jeans.

I really like the first pair with the red soles.

So I bought my first "pointy" toe shoes ever.

Basically exactly, a pair of Gianmarco Lorenzi boots.

http://www.ebay.com/...S-/150861859917

Shockingly they are for "named" boots really comfortable, if not a bit tight around the ankle.

Is there anything I should know about walking in super pointy heels so as not to screw them up? Don't kill insects in corners too often? Stay away from clowns?

I can throw up pictures later, now its off to drinking for moi. Tshuss!

Edited by saudade

I'm not sure how I feel about Gianmarco heels... expensive obviously, but super pointy toes just seem difficult to walk in. And wouldn't that form a nasty crease before long?

I'm not sure how I feel about Gianmarco heels... expensive obviously, but super pointy toes just seem difficult to walk in. And wouldn't that form a nasty crease before long?

Thats basically why I asked, was hoping for some pointy toe lovers to give any advice. Best I can think of is to not walk with feet straight and pivot 45 degrees to the angle of the toe and leg and lift. But that is annoying after 5 steps.

Thats basically why I asked, was hoping for some pointy toe lovers to give any advice. Best I can think of is to not walk with feet straight and pivot 45 degrees to the angle of the toe and leg and lift. But that is annoying after 5 steps.

I suggest you look at the videos of at Sarah wearing her very pointed RoSa shoes and get a few 'tips' (no pun intended!). As always, practice makes perfect. Go to: http://www.rosashoes.com/pages/rosa-shoes-video-gallery/5948

Wearing the pointies are really not that much different. Here's are some tips from my own experience. 1. Avoid kneeling down. It's a good way to crease the toes. 2. Beware of stairs with narrow risers. The extended toe can take up extra width of the stair riser causing the heel to slip off the riser. It's best to navagate stairs on your toes to avoid this problem. One of the nice thing about the pointies is many of them are quite comfortable due to the additional room and width of the toe box. As most of us pointy wearers know our toes do not go into the point of the shoe and there is a great deal of space at the front of the shoe. Also the added extension of the toe allows for a wider toe box by simple mathematical geometry than the more classic pointed toe

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

@Shafted Cool beans I'll stop worrying as much about bending the pointy bits around. I'll be honest, I'm still not overly fond of the look of pointy toe shoes, but, now that I've tried on a pair i'm becoming a bigger fan. I just keep on worrying that I'll bend the point between my toes/digits and the tip in half as I walk. What about for stairs just doing the sideways shuffle instead of even getting the pointed bit in the line of fire?

What about for stairs just doing the sideways shuffle instead of even getting the pointed bit in the line of fire?

You can. This is probably best for going down. Going up just stay on your toes. Climbing stairs on your toes is really quite easy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So I bought my first "pointy" toe shoes ever.

Basically exactly, a pair of Gianmarco Lorenzi boots.

http://www.ebay.com/...S-/150861859917

Shockingly they are for "named" boots really comfortable, if not a bit tight around the ankle.

Is there anything I should know about walking in super pointy heels so as not to screw them up? Don't kill insects in corners too often? Stay away from clowns?

I can throw up pictures later, now its off to drinking for moi. Tshuss!

A co-worker would laughingly call them "roach killers" for nailing those bad boys in tight corners! :silly: Still, they are rather attractive boots. Wear them well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Ok, so the neiman Marcus outlet knocked a bit more off the price.. Got the Rick Owens boots for probably 86% off. This makes the original Bergdorf Goodman price tag of $1595 a bit easier to swallow.

These are high. 6 inch actual heel, with about an inch of platform. They will take some practice to wear quite a bit out in public, but are comfortable on the feet, even if my lower legs let me know they are not very happy with me yet.

Posted Image

(formerly known as "JimC")

Note to mods: All the previous links point to Flickr photos, but the service says the pics aren't available. As for me, last night I purchased some heeled boots from Payless, same ones as in my avatar.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

just got these from Payless liked the look they are a bit narrow but are easy to walk in with a 4" heel and a little platform. I really like the heel. The problem dont know how they will stand up after the first day the back of the heel was showing wear from driving. I only drove about 40 miles and some of the fabrick was worn off

post-16522-0-74986600-1344864745_thumb.j

post-16522-0-32105000-1344864778_thumb.j

post-16522-0-82799500-1344864807_thumb.j

Very cute boots jerbare,I love the look with jeans too (perhaps a women's bootcut style would suit the sharp styling of the boots) and they'd look great with formal trousers too. As for driving I never scuff my heels because I only ever let the tip of the heel touch the floor. Maybe you just need to move the tip of the heel back an inch so you can pivot on it over a more comfortable range - that's what worked for me at least. It's a shame to ruin any pair of heels if it can be avoided.

If you like it, wear it.