Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Nice boots everyone !

Unfortunalely, I had to return my last purchase (post # 1462 above)

They were too small even if marked size 41. They were so nice !

BTW I see many new replies here and I did not receive any e-mail notification.

(I check my profile and my e-mail address and notification settings are OK.

Looks like the server lost the list of all my subcribed threads

So I'm doing this reply to re-subscribe to this thread...

I guess I will have to do the same with all the other threads I was subscribed to... :unsure:

( I don't want to hijaak this thread any longer. Please send me a PM if you want to comment )

UPDATE: I found why I did not receive e-mail notification for reply to subscribed threads.

The check box on "Auto follow topics I reply to" was uncheck.

I put a check on it and set the frequency to "immediate"

Edited by danielp6406

I saw a nice pair on Aldo's website yesterday. Went to the store today to order them but they had them stock in my size :surprised: I could not believe it. Guess what happened next ... :fine:

post-2824-0-69939200-1335918542_thumb.jp

Edited by danielp6406
  • Like 1

Got the brown version of my Cole Haan boots. Tried them with my skinny jeans.. but.. well, not sure if I like the look without the jacket. I do have another pair of "slim straight" levis that fit well and look like they were made to conceal the boots. Not much help for the cause but much easier to wear then spikes in certain situations.

Posted Image

Same park, but a different location I got some pics of the Vera Wang boots I got recently also. These have around a 4" heel, and are quite comfortable for walking. These are also quite stealthy in the right jeans and I suspect they will get alot of wear. No zippers, and while they are easy to put on they can be a pain to take off. Oh darn, might have to leave em on then ;)

Posted Image

Edited by Rockpup
  • Like 2

(formerly known as "JimC")

Got the brown version of my Cole Haan boots. Tried them with my skinny jeans.. but.. well, not sure if I like the look without the jacket. I do have another pair of "slim straight" levis that fit well and look like they were made to conceal the boots. Not much help for the cause but much easier to wear then spikes in certain situations.

Posted Image

Same park, but a different location I got some pics of the Vera Wang boots I got recently also. These have around a 4" heel, and are quite comfortable for walking. These are also quite stealthy in the right jeans and I suspect they will get alot of wear. No zippers, and while they are easy to put on they can be a pain to take off. Oh darn, might have to leave em on then ;)

Posted Image

Very Coooool!!!

real men wear heels

The owner of that store would most likely be very upset to hear she treated a paying customer that way.

Did I miss something?
  • Like 1

Ok, last pair for a while. I gotta stop shopping :P Found a pair I've been looking to get for months though. Cole Haan Air Jalisa tall boots, Nordstrom rack for $59. Wore them shopping at a Neiman Marcus outlet also, as well as to the grocery store. I think I am going to like these. Between 3.5-4" heel, no platform, so more comfortable to walk distance then the Boutique 9 4.5" boots.

Posted ImagePosted Image

• Like 2

just received new pair of brown boots found on amazon (size 44 eu) very cheap for a "big" size, only 60 ā‚¬ !

will upload more pics later in mly gallery.

I love them, just going to buy another pair in black :lol:

Edited by yoyo

Very nice boots yoyo. They look very comfortable. If you wear them over jeans consider skinny jeans and having the boot shafts altered for a close fit if needed. This is a dynamite look on both gals and guys. Everything has to be fitted well for the boots over jeans look.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

i dont take time to change pants for take pics, sorry ! :unsure:

No need for apologies. Just giving you something to think about.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

I just got a new pair of peep-toe stilleto ankle boots. The design is pretty hookerish... But I mean it's whatever. I bought them from a store on eBay called "dshoes" (Click!) - and to be honest I am unsure as to if I would reccomend them or not.

Lets starts with the pro's of these shoes and the store:

• The delivery was good
  • The shoes were cheap, so was the postage
  • The design is OK.
  • The "craftsmanship" is OK.
Cons:
  • They're just a little too small as most of my shoes are due to the width of my feet
  • The materials look a little cheap.
  • The craftsmanship is just that - OK.
The BIGGEST Con of all though
  • The heel is very flimsy. It's weak especially for a size UK 12 (Euro 46) foot. Giving that the lengh of the shoe is longer, and the person wearing it will generally be taller, the heel of the shoe needs added support. This shoe doesn't give this, when you walk you often find the heel bending, slipping or generally moving in every other direction that the one you wanted. This leaves the only way you can walk on the shoe is a flat-foot or with most of your weight on the toe, which feels and heels just wrong.
  • The heel is walkable at a very slow pace. but even then it doesn't always preform as wanted. Even when you put your foot at different angles when walked E.G turned out or in, which is unsafe as it is, the heel is still uncooperative.
I think these heels will be a work in pogress for me. I have heels that are higher than these (These are roughly 5 inch heel with a 2 inch platform), and I can walk fine in those, due to the heel being a lot, LOT stronger (Nitelife Pumps). I am not returning these, as they only cost me Ā£18 from eBay (You get what you pay for, right?) and with the postage return fee (which you have to pay!), I wouldn't be getting that much back anyway.

Posted Image

Posted Image

What Other People Think Of Me, Ain't None Of My Buisness ~ RuPaul

• 2 weeks later...

I just got these lovely booties from Barney15c - I can't close the zip, but it doesn't bother me cos I love them anyway, and I can slip them on and off like pumps! ( I've never worn pumps since I was 6-8 and never with a 4in heel) so its interesting to have boots that don't cover the ankle. Will upload photos later - iPad doesn't want to :S

• 4 weeks later...

Here is the first pair I bought, 3 days ago, at a nearby storeā€¦ I tried them on before buying and walked around a bit (not a lot, because it was my first time so I could barely stand up wearing them, hehe).

These ankle boots have a 9cm block heel, and I think they'll be very easy to walk in once I get used to it.

(Sorry for the links, I guess I don't have the permission yet to add attachments to my posts)

http://uppix.net/6/f...e4ccd267b44.jpg

http://uppix.net/2/e...d17aebd2cde.jpg

http://uppix.net/b/a...7a38c5f954e.jpg

http://uppix.net/b/2...15fd3699107.jpg

No problem with it being a French site. Thank you! You should be able to street heel in those without any difficulty. They look very comfortable and not at all feminine. Good choice!

Steve

You're right, I went to the mall wearing them today (I was a bit worried that I would still be walking in a weird way). I could not care less about people's reactions, but nobody seems to have noticed (or if they did, I didn't notice their noticing). It was good!