Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Bought a pair of these boots at Payless yesterday:

Posted Image

These boots came only in regular width, not wide at size 13, but I went ahead and bought them anyway. The fit is a tad snug, but I think I can make them work.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

@Black_Boots I love those boots! Really striking. I bet they feel stunning when on! Where did you get them? @dblair I could imagine myself walking into work in those and not a word being said. Ā£90 here in the UK - I don't think I could buy those without the missus noticing the drop in savings! I love them though. How are they to wear? Chris

@Crabbit Yes, they feel great, the outter is suede, really nice looking and feeling. It is a "cheap" chinese manufacturer, "Erogance" is the brand, but they really are like a high quality product. I bought them on Ebay, this is the name of the shop: howcool.de Bye. @hiheellover23 Thank you! You are right, they are hot!

@dblair

I could imagine myself walking into work in those and not a word being said. Ā£90 here in the UK - I don't think I could buy those without the missus noticing the drop in savings! I love them though. How are they to wear?

Chris

CRabbit: They were a bit expensive for my financial situation as well, lol. They are very comfortable though. My only complaint is that the zipper being on the outside makes them a bit more difficult to get on and off (compared to the usual inside zip). I bought them with the idea of wearing them to work, but haven't do so yet...somehow the heel looks higher in person than it does in the picture, but I still do plan to wear them to work.

I was in my Local "Winners" this evening, for those that live in Canada. With fall fast approaching, boot stocks are getting plentiful. Normally I don't find much I like there shoe or boot wise. But tonight I spotted a pair of botties that caught my eye straight away. I new I was buying them Even before I tried them on. I tried them on and they fit perfect, maybe even a little on the loose side. They looked even better on me then they did on the shelf. Sold! Then I looked at the price tag, $40. Double sold!!

The boots themselves are a two tone chocolate brown with several buckles. They look like they may have a hidden platform but I can't really tell. Websites will tell you the heel is 4 inches, but I measured the heel to be closer to 5 inches. They have a faux fur lining as well, so they will be quite warm. The boots are an interesting combination of ruggedness balanced out by the cuteness and softness of the heel. I can't wait for some cooler weather so I can give these a spin. Now, what to wear them with? Any thoughts?

When I got home I researched them online. They get great reviews too! The company is "Dollhouse". The brand is "Kalista". Here is a link. Enjoy!

http://shop.dollhouse.com/shop/P964070/dollhouse/kalista-ankle-buckle-bootie.html

Yesterday I bought this is the pair of booties.

They have a 9cm heel and are size 40.

Those are nice boots Majo ! I like the color.

BTW did you know you can edit your post for a period of 10 minutes after making it ?

This way, you could have edited your first post and re-attach the pictures to it.

Yes, I know; but I couldn't find the link

Are you telling me there was not "edit" button at the bottom of your post ?

You added your second post with pictures only 3 minutes after the first one.

The "edit" button should be there allowing you to edit your original post (See picture below)

post-14338-133522953281_thumb.jpg

Sorry about the short answer, Daniel. My wife called all of us for supper. I used the edit option, but I couldn't find the link to the pictures I had already uploaded. So I had to upload them again. In the edit panel the "upload" button wasn't available.

Majo :-)

You won't see the "upload" button unless you select a new picture to attach to your post.

Maybe you did you click on the "Go Advanced" button to see the "paper clip" button on top ?

If you want to remove/replace a picture already attached, click on the "manage attachment" button.

(BTW, hoping you had a nice meal ... Bon appƩtit ! )

post-14338-133522953283_thumb.jpg

Here's the full link for the boots: http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/ankle-boots/85666468-crisson/97

Looks like a nice, clean design (in both the black and the beige). The zipper on the outside seems a bit uncommon. Maybe a style design? As others have commented, probably a great pair to wear if you don't want to attract much attention.

I saw you later post saying they seemed a bit higher in person. What's the actual heel height for your pair?

jwhite44: Regarding the heel height on the Crissons, they are 3.5" high. I know that's not very high, but it's a bit higher than I thought they were going to be. I plan to start wearing them to work soon, as soon as temperatures drop a bit (we're in a bit of a heatwave here right now).

jwhite44:

Regarding the heel height on the Crissons, they are 3.5" high. I know that's not very high, but it's a bit higher than I thought they were going to be...

dblair,

My main reason for asking is that besides the vagueness ("2 to 3 inches") that Aldo lists on their website, they also tend to be inaccurate. I know in general that larger sizes tend to have higher heels (for a given shoe model), but if you're going to list a range, I don't understand why it can't be an accurate range. Can they not measure the heights of their smallest and largest size shoes, and list those heights? Pants have a 34" waist, regardless whether the inseam is 30" or 36".

Guess I'm just in an Aldo venting mood.

Here's the full link for the boots: http://www.aldoshoes.com/us/women/boots/ankle-boots/85666468-crisson/97

Looks like a nice, clean design (in both the black and the beige). The zipper on the outside seems a bit uncommon. Maybe a style design? As others have commented, probably a great pair to wear if you don't want to attract much attention.

I saw you later post saying they seemed a bit higher in person. What's the actual heel height for your pair?

Wow! I really like those!

Charlie

Everything I say is a lie!.......I'm lying

Hey, WhyNot! Those are Naturalizer "Glassy" boots! They look great. I bought a pair last year and love them. Very cool and easy to street heel in. Enjoy them and let us know what you think when you get a chance to break them in. You got a great price on them. They were regularly $179 I think. Steve