Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

Thank you all for the positive comments about my boots !

The salesgirl liked them so much she will order a pair.

I agree some Aldo boots and most (closed) shoes do run small.

You have to try them to see if they are OK or not.

Fortunately for me most of their boots and open sandals are OK :)

at9 >

My size is EU41 which is the largest size from Aldo (At least here in Canada)

I wish they would offer up to EU42 for some boots...

Are you sure they offer size EU42 in the UK ?

at9 >

My size is EU41 which is the largest size from Aldo (At least here in Canada)

I wish they would offer up to EU42 for some boots...

Are you sure they offer size EU42 in the UK ?

Hope you can view this UK page:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/special-sizes/42

While EU42 should translate to UK8 a number of retailers say it's UK9. I can wear some EU42 footwear but the Aldo EU42 is absolutely impossible for me.

Hope you can view this UK page:

http://www.aldoshoes.com/uk/women/special-sizes/42

While EU42 should translate to UK8 a number of retailers say it's UK9.

I can wear some EU42 footwear but the Aldo EU42 is absolutely impossible for me.

Thanks for your reply. I can view the UK Aldo site. I'm amazed to see they offer EU42 size.

Since their EU42 is too small for you then it must be in fact a EU41

On a Aldo woman UK9 shoes or boots, If you look at the size printed

under the sole, do you see 9 or 42 ?

Here (in Canada) the number under the sole is shown in EU size and the largest is 41.

Which in my opinion is not a real US11 on all their shoes or boots even if they say so.

Sometime their EU41 fits more like a US10 (EU40) ...

Thanks for your reply. I can view the UK Aldo site. I'm amazed to see they offer EU42 size.

Since their EU42 is too small for you then it must be in fact a EU41

On a Aldo woman UK9 shoes or boots, If you look at the size printed

under the sole, do you see 9 or 42 ?

Here (in Canada) the number under the sole is shown in EU size and the largest is 41.

Which in my opinion is not a real US11 on all their shoes or boots even if they say so.

Sometime their EU41 fits more like a US10 (EU40) ...

Yeah Aldo does run small, GF fits in to a size 40 in Aldo Usually 39 or womens size 9 US. They make some realy nice shoes and they don't make my size. My GF has no problem with that, does not like same his and her heels thing.

Hello, :wave:Ā my name is Hoverfly. Iā€™m a high heel addictā€¦. Weeeeeeeeeee! Ā šŸ‘ 1998 to 2022!

• 2 weeks later...

I just got these boots a couple of weeks ago - half price in the sale too!

Pretty nice. Can you tell us more about them?

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

I'm not fond of platforms, nor very chunky heels; but when I saw the Alexander Wang collection -Constance, Alana, Anabela, etc.- last year I said to me: I need those booties badly. The only drawback was the price. So I waited and I found them cheeper than our local knock offs at PrĆ¼ne.

Today I collected these at the local DHL office:

http://www.theoutnet.com/product/214214

I will post some pictures.

well, with all due respect, if I didnt have the SCREEN NAME I have, I wouldnt wear the BOOTS in black (avatar) now would I!!:smile: but hey- to each their own I say. cheers!:irked:

As a polite request, since some of us like to use threads like these for ideas on new boots we might like to get, could I humbly ask folk that when they post a picture of their new boots that they kindly include the brand name and the model name or number, in case we want to get a pair for ourselves, too. Thanks. :irked:

Sorry Joker, but actually I did. They are:

Alexander Wang Constance felt ankle boots.

I haven't taken pictures so I posted the link were I bougt them. If you follow the link bellow you'll find the pics.

I'm not fond of platforms, nor very chunky heels; but when I saw the Alexander Wang collection -Constance, Alana, Anabela, etc.- last year I said to me: I need those booties badly. The only drawback was the price. So I waited and I found them cheaper than our local knock offs at PrĆ¼ne.

Today I collected these at the local DHL office:

http://www.theoutnet.com/product/214214

I will post some pictures.

Pretty nice. Can you tell us more about them?

Sorry I was going to post a link to the boots but they don't appear online any more. They are from Next, and are normally Ā£70 but were half price (Ā£35) in their recent sale. They are a UK9 / EU43, but seem to run a little big as they fit me well and I'm a UK10. 4 inch heel and seem to be good quality.

Here are some pictures of the Alexander Wang Constance booties. The instep is leaned a bit forward and gives a strange feeling. Heel height is 15cm (6") and the platform 3cm (1.25") so you get 12cm (4.8") difference and the instep is really steep. I would say the feeling is more extreme than in the CL Pigalle 120 (13.9cm) or Brian Atwood Nico 120 (13.1cm). Not very easy to walk -at least for me-. They fit well... I'm a 11.5 in the Brannock device and these are 41 so, quite true to size.

post-333-133522947929_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522947937_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522947942_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522947946_thumb.jpg

post-333-133522947949_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Got on Ebay 4 inch heel boots are predictions and very confrontable to wear

Hey, I have a similar pair except they have a spike heel. Mine are Somethin' Else Fuse boots by Sketchers in black. Great rainy weather boot. They look great in plum. Mine are completely identical except for the heel.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Here are some pictures of the Alexander Wang Constance booties.

The instep is leaned a bit forward and gives a strange feeling. Heel height is 15cm (6") and the platform 3cm (1.25") so you get 12cm (4.8") difference and the instep is really steep. I would say the feeling is more extreme than in the CL Pigalle 120 (13.9cm) or Brian Atwood Nico 120 (13.1cm). Not very easy to walk -at least for me-.

They fit well... I'm a 11.5 in the Brannock device and these are 41 so, quite true to size.

OMG, those booties are awesome!!!

Picked these like new dressy cowgirl boots up off of Ebay recently. Bakers brand, Dixie style, about a 4.25 inch stiletto heel, pointed toe, tan leather uppers, partial zipper (ends just below the pull tabs). They're size 11B US womens, seem to run a bit small on my 9.5 (men's) foot, mainly due to the narrow toe, but wearable for a little while.

post-26559-133522948606_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522948628_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522948649_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522948668_thumb.jpg

post-26559-133522948687_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

I would say the feeling is more extreme than in the CL Pigalle 120 (13.9cm) or Brian Atwood Nico 120 (13.1cm). Not very easy to walk -at least for me-.

Majo, The Wang boots have a fearsome reputation. I've never heard anyone say they were 'easy' and I've read about them on lots of fashion blogs, all written by women who are not scared of a good heel.

Do you mean that they have a high arch when you said the instep leans forward? If so, I find shoes with high insteps to be far more comfortable as the whole of you foot is cradled and supported by the shoe. The feeling of a nice high arch is also something special. I've modified a few pair of unsupportive shoes, by lifting the insole and sticking a gel pad under it.

Cheers for sharing,

Ben

Picked these like new dressy cowgirl boots up off of Ebay recently. Bakers brand, Dixie style, about a 4.25 inch stiletto heel, pointed toe, tan leather uppers, partial zipper (ends just below the pull tabs). They're size 11B US womens, seem to run a bit small on my 9.5 (men's) foot, mainly due to the narrow toe, but wearable for a little while.

Well, yee-haw! Those are awesome boots there! I commend you on your good taste when you chose them! And the fringed skirt is terrific too! Bravo to you!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Benno, the booties are awesome. Amazingly well crafted, and the heels, although not the highest I have, are impressive. I also read the comments on the Wang booties, never the less I had to have them. Fortunately I found them 55% off. I have a high arch, and the insole supports it very well. The strange thing from this booties is that the toes are not resting on a flat surface but remain slightly leaning forward. It's a weird feeling, it's like you would slip from the toe box, which you can't because it's a closed toe shoe. I wasn't able to measure the difference between the ball of the shoe and the toe cage, but I'm sure there is a slight difference and the toes are lower the ball. Any way, they have padding inside which makes them easier to walk than if they were a hard inside. I've also used some padding on other shoes to help support my arch and it feels much better and less tiring. Thanks for your reply.