Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

You guys are so lucky there in the UK.

Well I am sure if you see something you like that one of us members based in the UK would be able to get them on your behalf and ship them to you if you pay the shipping costs, even me. Did you know that Evans the store i have purchased all the boots i have posted in this thread (a favorite for some of us guys including myself who fall outside the normal women size range - 9 or 10 UK wide fitting) ship overseas and im pretty sure South Africa is one of the places they do.

Also I have advised one of your fellow countrymen recently of how to go about ordering some boots from the USA as I gave him a name of a contact I use occasionally myself when I like a pair of shoes I can't get through the normal channels ie Ebay. He has followed it through and the contact is purchasing and shipping the boots to him very soon :silly:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Thanks for the heads up Puffer, ordered myself a pair in the Brown size 10 (taking into account what you said as I take a 9/10) and as you said Ā£8 plus Ā£4 delivery...Bargain!

Thats saves me at least Ā£17 on the cheapest pair i've seen on ebay so thank you very much, very good spot! :silly:

The other boots aren't really me, reminded me a bit of the clogs they wear up north for dancing :unsure: ...

Priceless only a Ā£10:

http://www.pricelessshoes.co.uk/en/wide-leg-high-leg-boot-180204

Size 9 perfect fit. Heel is actually just over 4". Nice.

Well done, barney; glad you got the Evans boots in time! I see now that, although the 20% discount has finished, some other ā€˜regular stockā€™ items are being discounted ā€“ not that I am trying to tempt you further!

I agree with you about the ā€˜clogā€™ boots ā€“ not my style at all but I suspect they would appeal to others here. Plenty in stock at local branch yesterday too at same price (Ā£15).

I like plasmaboyā€™s boots too, although the shafts look very wide ā€“ too wide to wear under trousers, surely? They are certainly wider than the similar pair I got from Priceless this time last year: http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/guys/8451d1263145185-decisions_decisions-pbpt.jpg Those are a generously sized UK11 with 3.5ā€ heel and very comfortable, although I have yet to pluck up courage to wear them outside.

I notice too that, almost without exception, longer Evans boots have wide shafts which will ā€˜bagā€™ even when worn over non-skinny trousers and can be more difficult to conceal inside them. Perhaps Evans and Priceless women customers with larger feet are expected to have chunky legs too, but that is surely not universal? It would be good to find affordable boots (ankle, calf or knee) that are closer fitting on a ā€˜normalā€™ male (or female) leg ā€“ I make no claims that mine are particularly shapely but they are certainly not elephantine.

Thanks mate, How did you find the link for the cowboy boots as i couldnt find them navigating through the evans site normally. BTW i have also got a pair of the priceless boots in your link in a UK10 and yes they are generously sized, also they mention in some of the customer reviews about the shaft being quite baggy too. I regulary trawl both the Evans and Big Shoe Boutique / Priceless sites for shoes but unless I really must have them I wait a while as they inevitably some down in price quickly, although on a couple of occasions some models were so popular they had sold out in certain sizes before they had a chance to be discounted. If you are patient though some real bargains are to be had:yummy:

Well I am sure if you see something you like that one of us members based in the UK would be able to get them on your behalf and ship them to you if you pay the shipping costs, even me. Did you know that Evans the store i have purchased all the boots i have posted in this thread (a favorite for some of us guys including myself who fall outside the normal women size range - 9 or 10 UK wide fitting) ship overseas and im pretty sure South Africa is one of the places they do.

Also I have advised one of your fellow countrymen recently of how to go about ordering some boots from the USA as I gave him a name of a contact I use occasionally myself when I like a pair of shoes I can't get through the normal channels ie Ebay. He has followed it through and the contact is purchasing and shipping the boots to him very soon :silly:

Thank you very much. Can you rember who you gave the info to. I am looking for something similar in my thread. Do you know perhaps where I can find it??

You may PM me.

Regards

Jay Jay

Can't PM you JayJay as your profile wont let me.

What boots/ shoes are you after, couldnt find your thread you mentioned:sad:

I posted it on looking for shoes/boots on the 7 Jan 2011.

I think you must be my friend to PM me do you want to ask.

Thanks mate,

How did you find the link for the cowboy boots as i couldnt find them navigating through the evans site normally.

BTW i have also got a pair of the priceless boots in your link in a UK10 and yes they are generously sized, also they mention in some of the customer reviews about the shaft being quite baggy too.

I regulary trawl both the Evans and Big Shoe Boutique / Priceless sites for shoes but unless I really must have them I wait a while as they inevitably some down in price quickly, although on a couple of occasions some models were so popular they had sold out in certain sizes before they had a chance to be discounted. If you are patient though some real bargains are to be had:yummy:

Is this directed at me, barney?

If so, I'm not sure which cowboy boots you are asking about - is it the ones you and I now have? They can be found on the Evans site by going to SALE - Sale - Shoes & Boots - Page 2. Does that help?

I agree with you about the discounting. Don't forget that Priceless, BSB and also Discount Shoe Store are all Stylo Barratt companies selling essentially the same range, but you might find stock levels are not identical, and prices/offers can vary too. Worth looking at all three.

I just bought these from Evans, reduced in the sale from the original Ā£35 to Ā£8 net of all discounts!

They are nothing special in terms of quality - faux black suede from China. Although a UK11EEE fit, they are not generous in sizing but are soft enough to give a little. The heel is exactly 3.5" and I think they could pass muster under jeans for street-heeling - members' comments appreciated.

These boots are still available in black or brown in 11 and a couple of other sizes. Some other sale boots and shoes in larger sizes too that may be worth a look - but get in quick!

My evans cowboy boots arrived today, you are definately right about the sizing, not as generous as their normal sizing but they fit OK. Well worth the Ā£12 all in though. Thanks again for the heads up!

Bought these:

http://premium.zalando.nl/scholl-studio-hoge-hakken-zwart-sc5-fzw-0032-99.html

Expensive, but could not ressist. They look and feel as they look. Easy to walk in.

I wore them yesterday (almost) the whole day on a trip to Germany over my skinny jeans. Went twice to a petrol station and twice to a road restaurant. Nobody said a word; just one couple had big smiles; I smiled back and walked back tot my car!

Have not taken picture of myself yet, but will do later this week.

regards, heelin'f

Bought these:

http://premium.zalando.nl/scholl-studio-hoge-hakken-zwart-sc5-fzw-0032-99.html

Expensive, but could not ressist. They look and feel as they look. Easy to walk in.

I wore them yesterday (almost) the whole day on a trip to Germany over my skinny jeans. Went twice to a petrol station and twice to a road restaurant. Nobody said a word; just one couple had big smiles; I smiled back and walked back tot my car!

Have not taken picture of myself yet, but will do later this week.

They look very nice! Wear them well!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Just ordered a pair of these today from Amazon.com:

http://www.shoebuy.com/pi/tates/tates401457_185900_jb.jpg

David Tate "Ranger" boots, used for just under $80.00 after shipping and handling. I've been interested in a pair of riding/flat heeled knee boots for quite some time now, and when I stumbled onto these, I just HAD to buy them! And I actually found them in my size (13W)! WHOO! Once they arrive and I take them on a test drive, I'll tell everyone all about them!

Those are nice boots JeffB :-)

They look similar to my new boots on my post # 701 above .

A boot can also look very nice and stylish without heels.

I agree. That's why I've anted to get my hands on such a pair!

Willl you wear them over jeans or with a skirt ?

YES!! :silly:

I assume the YES is for the skirt :silly:

Nope! Yes for both! :unsure:

But unfortunalely, it is a little bit too cold to wear a skirt now...

Well, I do have some long skirts that will work quite nicely with the boots when they arrive.

BTW, I received my new boots. They are more beautilful in real than the website's picture.

I hope you'll provide a pic of you wearing them for us!

danielp6406 -

Very nice boots. I think I would prefer them over jeans though. They just strike my eye that way.

Thanks for sharing the pictures.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

See below pictures as requested :silly:

Oh, wow! Those boots look absolutely awesome! Bravo, my friend! BRAVO!

Have recently bought two new pairs. First over the knee camel colors Rampage boots with a 4" heel. A steal for $45. Then just monday I bought a pair of 4-1/2" wedge booties at dsw in ohio, that I promptly wore out to dinner. Was surprised, found online for $49.00, but when i went into the store on clearance for $29... woohoo!!! Have pics and will post when I can figure out how too lol

GOOD NEWS: The flat heeled boots I ordered from Amazon.com arrived yesterday. BAD NEWS: They have wide calf shafts and look positively awful on me! AARRGGHHH! I can't believe I goofed up like that! Thank goodness I still have the receipt and the shipping box the boots came in. I'll have to send them back! Bummer!