Who has bought some new BOOTS?

miltboot

I ordered these two as they were on sale (and a pair of flat boots which I dare not share on this site :blinkbigeyes:), but I planned on only keeping one. I'll take pics once they arrive!

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4013/4314458772_f74edb1b20_o.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2767/4313723293_d87b243345_o.jpg

Where did you get the first ones? they are gorgeous!

Flat boots are fine, there are some of us who love boots whether they are heeled or not!

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Where did you get the first ones? they are gorgeous!

Glad you like; they're on sale at Amazon right now - go get yourself a pair! Nine West "Nuri"

Flat boots are fine, there are some of us who love boots whether they are heeled or not!

I'll secretly share my other pick from Amazon...

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4029/4314666770_85be66206d_o.jpg

I just hope all of my picks fit, but if not, then at least I know which ones to return.

heelaphile

Will soon be placing an order for some boots from the Marziali company in Italy. It will be my first pair of custom-made boots. I have actually discussed this with Palle in the wholesale/retail thread, and would appreciate input from anyone who has ordered boots fro Marziali.

Hi Miltboot, i have also ordered and received boots from Marziali. They are very well made and fit quite well (also custom made). Lead time to receive here in the US was about 4 weeks but well worth the wait. I have already posted pics of them in one of my albums, so not sure if i could upload another one here...they are the black stretch pvc knee boots in my pics. I would highly recommend them after my experience and love the boots i received. Can you tell us which style boots you ordered or upload a pic? Also, thanks for starting this thread devoted to boots (my favorite). I unfortunately discovered it this afternoon after having posted about new boots ordered on saturday in the "new shoes" thread...tried to repost a pic here but was unable to due to restrictions on posting the same pic twice. Oh well, i now know for the future and good luck on your order, i'm sure you will love them!

I bought a pair of Born western style boots with a 3" stacked heel a month ago from one of the on-line shoe companies. I really enjoy wearing them with boot cut jeans and skinny jeans both tucked in the boots and outside them. I am going to order that style from Born in a tan color or brown color soon. There also available in purple, silver and suede. Since wearing them I have had compliments from both men and women on my new boots. Some asked where I bought them since they are not at any retail store in my area.

I just bought some new boots today and I will post the pictures to my album in here this week. I was driving by a DSW store in Michigan and a pair of cowboy boots caugt my eye. I parked and went in to look at them. They were perfect. 3 inch stacked heel and kind of soft leather - made in Brazil. They were in the womens section and I was checking some other boots out when a sales lady asked if I neded some help. She asked what size I was looking for and I told her 11. She asked if they were for my wife and I looked her square in the eyes and said no - they were for me. I told her I liked boots with a little higher heel. She said you must be joking. I told her I wante dto try them on and she walked away. I tried them on and they fir like a glove. I was walking around in them and another sales lady came up and said they looked great with my jeans. I thanked her and bought them from her. I wore them out of the store and went alking around in some other stroes with them on. They are so comfortable. Like I said - I will share pictures later in the week when I down load them. Thanks, Bernheels

yeah, thats not a very professional way of interacting with the customer, I mean to say that they (the store in question) is there for one reason only- TO MAKE A SALE!!!:blinkbigeyes: for gods sake!!! I really hate people who are presumtious (hope I spelled that right) especially in a commercial enviroment where THEY represent the company that OWNS the store!!! I ought to know- I work in the retail grocery as a wrapper-clerk & its no different in ANY kind of retail store- THE CUSTOMER COMES 1st!!

Yes disappointing considering how almost all heel-purchase stories by men here seem to be positive. A bit surprising too, as I thought (primarily based on my experiences at Payless) that self-service, every shoe we have is out on the rack stores would tend to attract more male customers.

I told her I liked boots with a little higher heel. She said you must be joking. I told her I wante dto try them on and she walked away.

Bernheels

A classic example of a person who should NOT be a sales rep. If I were the store manager and would've witnessed that employees attitude, I'd have a serious talk with her.

I've only had positive experiences buying heels, my last shopping trip not only did the assistant not mind that I was a guy buying stilettos but she also mentioned that they had a pair of boots she'd seen me look at in my size, and asked if I'd like to try those on too.

I saw these in a charity shop at the weekend and just had to have them.

When i tried them on in the shop i got a couple of funny looks from the older ladies and a nice smile from a teenage goth girl.

BRAVO! What a great looking outfit!

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!