Buying shoes

hhdude159

I noticed that most of you guys go shopping at several stores for high heels so I am wondering which store you guys would recommend for comfortable yet sexy and elegant heels. The only stores I have gone to Payless and Nine West so my list of shoe shopping is really limited.

I noticed that most of you guys go shopping at several stores for high heels so I am wondering which store you guys would recommend for comfortable yet sexy and elegant heels. The only stores I have gone to Payless and Nine West so my list of shoe shopping is really limited.

Do you have a hard-to-find size (11+)? Do you have a specific shoe type preference?

Some factors: 1. Shoes size - if large, then Payless, Avenue are about your only choices. Since you have a normal size, that's not an issue. 2. Service - if you want self service, then you have Payless, Avenue, DSW, Famous Footwear, etc. If you're okay with a sales agent getting shoes for you, then almost any shoe store will work for you. 3. Price - for lowest, or low cost, then tjhe self-service stores are probably best. You can get some sales at full service stores; you can also find ones for $1000 or more. Hope this helps.

my shoe size is 11, although I can wear a 10, depending on the type of shoe. Shiek Shoes has a wide variety of heels and typically go to a size 10, but you can get lucky and find 11s. I bought my THBs at Off Broadway Shoes and found (suprisingly) size 11s which I snagged. For a good bit of news, I found a store here in Orange County called Orangewear, and they have a HUGE selection of shoes and they go up to a size 17. Great people that run the place and don't mind in the slightest if you're a guy buying for yourself. Their prices are the same as online which is good too and sell heels from 3 inches through 8. Jamie

Those two stores are a good start. Target has some very nice styles that are comfortable and sexy. I would just stop in at several shoe tores in your area, look around, if you see something you like and it's in your price range, ask if they have your size.

Well, right now I do not mind having the sales associate get shoes that are my size but I do mind the price. I guess I can give DSW a try since it is near my place. I gave Aldo, Nordstrom, and Bakers a try but they didnt have the styles I like.

hhdude, why not search on line in the various stores that you like and then go to the nearest one and see if they have the style you chose in your size? But, shopping in person can often result in discovering a style that you like that you've not considered before.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

...I guess I can give DSW a try since it is near my place...

Since you said price is a factor, if you go to DSW, you should sign up for the shoe club (doubt you'll be able to checkout without an agent asking if you want to). They have some ontime and ongoing bonus offers that if you'll be buying multiple pairs of shoes from the, can provide additional savings. I think it's all email based, so it's pretty private.