What kind of shoe is considered sexy?

chip7X

I guess we can all agree that the classic high heel pump is sexy. However, some of us have our own design in mind on sexy footware. I like high heel boots. They can be knee high boots to ankle high booties. The heel can be a 3.5 in to 5 in high. The heel should be thin like a stilleto with a metal tip. I love the pointed toe look as well. Also the boots should be made out of leather. For warmer climates I also like high heel strappy sandals with a stilleto heel. I love high heels but I also love to see pretty toes in them. High heel sandals also give the feet high arches which I think are very sexy. Chip

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

different shoes are sexy in their own right. I doubt I could put a single style/type in the category of 'sexy'. I guess my idea of the sexy shoe would be who was wearing it and what else was being worn at the time. There seems to be a fine line between sexy and sleasy. Again this can cover most shoe/heel combinations. My favourites are sandals and ankle boots, although I do have a penchant for thigh highs. All of these can be worn and be regarded as sexy. Indeed, they are sexy in their own right, but couple them with a body and outfit and it can turn them into sleasy or even slutty. It all depends on the application.

as francis said - different shoe types/styles are viewed in different ways by different people. what is viewed as a sexy type shoe by one is also viewed as something a tramp/hooker may wear. being sexy is the way you personally feel. in some circles, anybody who wears real high heels, and 5" plus would be classified as high and they call them hooker heels. i also have a pair of knee boots with a 4" heel and very pointed toe and they are black patent, what else. they are quite comfortable but can be tricky to walk in in the midwest winter. i view them as being very sexy also.

patent leather and classic high heel pumps area.

I would say that thigh-high patent boots are sexy, especially the tight part over the thigh, they can be laced or non-laced, but a high heel and pointed toe is of course prefered. And as, opposite to many people of this list, I like platform sandals and mules, strappy if possbile, I think the little elevation below the naked toes is very sexy, especially if the platform is smaller than the feet ...

mannphred@yahoo.com

clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ultraextremeheels

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mano on 2002-02-15 15:41 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mano on 2002-02-15 15:42 ]</font>

Even "non-sexy" shoe with proper outfit and charming model could be SEXY - sometimes. For me stiletto heel, pointed toe, pump or boot (knee midcalf ankle) thigh high are bit fetish but depends for model of shoe could be sexy and NO PLATFORMS over 1cm

what do people have against platforms anyway?? They really do look cool on some shoes znd they can reslly enhance a very high shoe, just look at some models from e.g. La Piazza... On the other hand, cheap shoes with 1-2" of platform have a tenendy to get loose, i.e. the hell moves from the rest of the sole when walking, and that of course gets worse the higher the platform/heel. I prefer high insteps and high platforms, like 11" heels on a 4" platform, giving the instep a slope of 7". (No, I didn't say I can walk in them...!)

Mano, For starters they look super daggy with pants, they completely stuff up the line. With skirts, they give the appearance one might as well be standing on two house bricks. Are you :eek: I wouldn't be, Debbie I bet shares the same sentiment. Enought said!!! Inga :smile: _________________ Platforms are for standing on, not for walking in. <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: IHeels on 2002-02-16 13:43 ]</font>

HEELS are POWER the HIGHER the BETTER.

Hi all :smile: Well some of you might know that I like to think technically about things, sometimes even overcomplicating things a bit B) On the aspect of "do platforms make sense" as opposed to say "do they look nice", here is what I have come up with. This is after thinking about all the comments in this forum. I hope this is neither too logical yet has some logical value to it. Really, I think platform shoes were meant as cheater shoes, for those people that didn't want to train so they would be able to wear really high heels. But most people really like the look of high arch high heels. If you combine a high platform with a very high arch high heel you come up with say a 9" heel. Now I know I have mentioned some liking for ballet boots in the past. But after some thinking on this, the 9" height of heel makes women really too high off the ground, and much higher than most men. I think in reality, as opposed to my dreams, I would not like this because the high heel wearers would often be much taller than me! So I can see how people who can wear high arch high heels probably want to show they can wear really high heels without the fudging platforms. Ben B) Shoes give you understanding!

To Inga: this is a discussion board, where do you get the right to tell people ENOUGH SAID. This privilege is for the webmasters, all others are allowed to give their opinions, as long as they remain decent. Just be glad about the variety of footwear available. Imagine yourself being stuck in a universe where only flat 4-inch platforms are available. Tollerance of styles is what this board is all about, let's keep it that way.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

I don't think Inga meant anything bad there Luc, she was just having a laugh about how her and Debs don't like platforms :smile: (PS Mods/admins don't have the right to force their opinions or shut people up either unless they are seriously going against the posting guidelines or spoiling the board for others. Also no one is allowed to disrespect each others race or sexuality, but if we want to say platforms/stilettos or whatever is a rubbish style, in our opinion, then that's OK, I hope that's cleared things up.) _________________ Believe in your right to wear what you want <font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Firefox on 2002-02-17 18:39 ]</font>

I think high arches/heels and platforms/high elevation are made for different occasions/contexts; the high arches for sophisticated occasions, when delicate walking is possible, and platforms for more "funky" business, like disco dancing etc. Platforms are probably used by younger girls (and boys?) who prefer to be more mobile than elegant. Platforms look cool, heels look elegant, and they both look sexy (compared to flats, that is!).

In my opinion, there is nothing sexier than a pair of strappy high-heeled sandals with long leather laces that wrap around the ankle or snake up the calves. Damn that is SO sexy. For me, it doesn't matter whether this upper is atop a stiletto or block heel, a wedge, or even a (gasp!) platform. I fell in love with style as a kid when I saw the movie poster for the Bond flick "For Your Eyes Only," and I am very happy to see this style around again. I've even gotten my girlfriend in on it! Added bonus: If the ties are long enough, they can be wrapped around bedposts to anchor her to the bed. There are other neat tricks these shoes can do as well.

• 2 months later...

Well, I look at myself as something of a traditionalist when it comes to shoes, so to me, nothing looks sexier than your classic, four inch heeled pump in basic black. Black patent however is flat out awesome! :smile:

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

Black, 4 to 5.5 " heel on a size 41 for proportion guidence. Thinnish heel, micro plat for styling maybe, up to about 12mm (1/2") (ie Not a house brick Inga, there are plats, and there are whacking great 3" chunks of something which do look out of place) prefer kidskin or soft black leather for preference. I'm not a patent person. Style: boots or mules. Courts are OK'ies.

Any shoe with a thin heel, and a shoe that accentuates my womanly curves, which are not the best but thus made all that much better by the shoes. Four or five inch heel, pointier toe, but not too pointy or the toe is too long, and certainly black is a wonderful colour. Slingbacks are great as well.

I agree with Laurie, but slingbacks without pointed toes are hard to find this season.

Be youself, enjoy any footwear you like and don't care about what others think about it, it's your life, not theirs. Greetings from Laurence

• 1 month later...

The sexiest shoe (to me) is a 6 inch thin stiletto pump in soft and rich suede, pointed toe, low cut to show toe cleavage, either in black or in a more natural colour such as tan or brown... What do you think?

Some toes are too long, yes. But they offer more room for the toes. It's a difficult area, to be sure. But in very high heels a foot looks shorter, and a toe box can be a little bit longer. Still, the standard style of pointed toe for pumps is just about perfect and never looks too long.