Hair Removal

z91209

Question

Hey guys, I was using some hair removal cream the other day right. The instruction told me not to leave the cream on for no more than 15mins, however I was busing with something else and I think I might have removed the cream a slightly too long. Now I think I have damaged my skin slightly, I can see a bit of small red patches, Im sure its not allergy or something, you think it would recover? I mean would the hair be growing back? Worries me a little... Does anyone here with hair removal experience and if so which brand would you recommend? Many Thanks

4 answers to this question

Irritation is common while removing hair, especially for the first time. Red patches will disappear in some hours or days.

I used Veet, but it was as effective as typical shaving [i.e. the hair grew back some days ago], so I got back to the latter. Using an epilator yields better results, but is more time-consuing and painful [i don't know if cooling epilators are much better than standard ones, though].

What is good for a goose, can be good for any gender!

Ok, so red pots usually are normal effect of hair removal, no matter which method you have used. However sometimes it could be a sing that hair tries to grow into the skin. A couple of months ago I was on waxing and strictly recommend this method - hairs are coming after let's say 6 weeks, of course it hurts but just a little bit - the most sensitive place is the inside of thigh in my opinion. Of course it costs, I mean hot professional waxing, but saves a lot of time, about 20 minutes for both legs. Compare it to time spent in the bath shaving and shaving... And what's really good thing that hairs are growing slower and slower as you keep waxing regularly. The worst thing is that hairs should be quite long about 0.5 cm so they can be removed using wax.

My process. -Shower. Scrub well and rinse clean, do not use any lotions or anything afterward. -Wait. After the first shower wait at least 1 hour. -Nair. Apply Nair to all parts of the body in an even coating. For me to do my legs, privates, chest, armpits usually uses half a bottle. -Patience. From the time you start mark 10 minutes. Right at that moment you should begin removing. Use a wet wash cloth and go against the grain for best and easiest removal. -After. Use a product called "Tend Skin" after the shower. It's basically something that removes grease. -Followup. Use Tend Skin again the next day, followed by a shower the next night with light scrubbing. Doing this once every 2 weeks will keep the redness to a minimum and you will get used to which area's are more sensitive. Initially it will be irritated for at least the first couple of times. The little red bumps are often caused when hair is trying to grow back and is trapped by grease and other skin secretions. This becomes less of an issue over time, however regular showers and use of products like Tend Skin (especially if you have oily skin) will make this go away. Hope that helps.

SArmeah - "No one cares how much you know, till they know how much you care"

Hi, I've tried them all and the best results for me are from waxing. Less iritation and longest results - and best of all the hair growth slows and gets finer and lighter and less visible when it does grow. It doen't hurt that much - and you get used to it. The trick is not to do it yourself. It is very fast and painless if you get it done for you. As with anything I beleive regular exfoliating and moisturising is important to control hair regrowth between any treatments (waxing, epilating, or depilatory creams) Cheers Heel-Lover