Told my gilrfriend tonight...and got positive response!

dblair

It took about 5 glasses of wine, but tonight I finally got up the nerve to tell my girlfriend that I like wearing heels. Something made me decide that this weekend, I was going to tell her. Well, I finally did. She kind of laughed for a second, but then she realized that I was serious, and then right away she ask to see them on me. So I ran downstairs and grabbed them and put them on. She kind of giggled a bit at first, but she seemed to like it too. She was very cool about it and said I can wear them around the house any time, and even encouraged me to do so. She even wants to see me vacuuming in them ASAP, lol! This is pretty cool, considering that she doesn't even wear heels herself, although she indicated that she might give heels a try if I like them so much:smile: Anyhow, just had to share that. Hopefully it will inspire others to do the same!

Hi dblair,

I really congratulate you on your decision to tell her! In my eyes, this is the only way to handle the 'heel thing' in a partnership on a long-term view. Maybe you can convince her wear heels as well. How about going out in heels together with her?

Have fun!

--softmover

You have a smart and practical girlfriend. Getting you to do the vacuumcleaning. That will be your task from now on. Quick thinking. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

It's the chore/reward thing you seeso often in trannu households. "You can dress up to do the housework if you like..." Why do you think so many french maid outfits are sold in men's sizes?

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Haha, my girlfriend was exactly the same like yours! She didn't like heels, she even loathed them, but when she saw how much I enjoyed them, she got curious and tried a pair of mine on. She pretty much went from high heel loather to high heel lover after that. Congratulations, be sure to enjoy your time together! I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves a lot! =D

DBlair:-) Smart G/F you have there. She knows that you have a thing for wearing heels and she will get the house work done by you instead of her ,and in heels yet. Next thing you know she will be getting you a French Maid costume to wear with your heels as you do the housework. TEE! HEE! Welcome to the HH Place and the world of heels. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

DBlair- Welcome to our forum!!!!!!! How nice to see yet another caring woman accept her significant other "AS IS" and embrace your love of heels..that's why WE ARE ALL HERE!! The way you put it was classic give and take- you offer to do something for her and you get something out of it as well. Well done!! I can only imagine we'll be hearing about shoe shopping trips later this year!! All the best! HappyinHeels

Thanks for the warm welcome all. As for the vacuuming, that was actually my job already anyway. We have always split the housework pretty evenly, with the vacuuming being one of my tasks...I just never imagined that I would be doing it in front of her while wearing high-heels.:blinkbigeyes:

dblair Well done and congrats to you both. joking about the maid mode over:- doing the vacuuming is very good practice and can be rewarding and more fun. Outing in matching shoes is also good for the heart and can push little challenges as to how far and how well. but don't over do it. It also expands likes and dislikes, she may become jealous and you find you're buying two pairs. Enjoy, your world is now shared and understood by the one you love. Al

Well done Dblair, it makes things a lot easier when your OH knows about your heels especially if she doesn't mind you wearing them. As I type I'm wearing a pair of stiletto knee boots and, unlike my last relationship, I won't be scuttling away to hide them when she comes home.

Congratulations, Dblair. I wear heels in front of my wife everyday. It is so much better than just putting them on whenever she is not around. Have even been doing some public heeling with her. Am having lots of fun. I'm sure you will continue to enjoy it.

Much as I hate to say this, it's best to tell her than her find out for herself, and it's best to tell her when it's still early days.

Chris, I agree with you, and if I was a young man just getting in to a relationship, I would somehow screw up the nerve to do that. However, after nearly 38 years with a woman that does not know, it is not about to happen now. We have several gay friends that I used to work with, and one would hold a Halloween party on a regular basis. I was challenged to come cross-dressed the first year, and was such a hit among my co-workers and others at the party that they wanted me to do it every year, so there were about four or five straight years of that (which I certainly enkoyed, as I finally had the chance to wear heels for an extended time). So while my wife has seen me in heels, comments she has made about the shoes I selected then, and about other people's lifestyle and clothing choices subsequently, tell me she would not be understanding, especially at this point in our life. So I continue to be in the closet about my heeling, and will likely stay there unless she comes home early from work one day!