Do you think High Heels are sexual?

little.dan

Hi all, I've read a lot of posts and responses on this forum, and this, combined with the general attitude from regular people about High Heel shoes, I've noticed that a lot of people do not consider High Heels to be sexual at all. For example, the average person in the street seems to see High Heels as a bit weird or even silly. I've overheard people poking fun at a woman for wearing such towering heels, and generally taking the piss. Also, when sex is mentioned in the same light as High Heels, there's often a disgust or rejection from some High Heels fans. They simply don't see the appeal. To me personally, High Heels are an extremely sexual thing. They exert feminine sexuality and add instant sexual attraction to the wearer. Is it the same for you? Or do you see them purely as just a statement (or expression) of your fashion tastes and nothing more? Daniel xxx

Hmmmm. I think that heels are as much sexual to some people as they are professional looking, comfortable, powerful and impractical to others. It truly depends on the individual and their tastes. I would imaging that those descriptions would apply to both men and women alike. There are even be individuals who feel multiple ways about them. I, myself, think they are sexy (sexual) at times while also being professional looking and powerful. As the saying goes, "to each his own". HHLover

I find heels for the most part to be sexual. I find strappy high heel sandals to be extremely sexy. I look and feel just as sexy as the ladies whenever I wear mine. It is a big turn on to look down and see my toes peeking out of my strappy sandals. I love it.

Sexy, smart, eyeturning. From the outside What ever the gender or style if the shoes are wrong or scruffy it's a no no, it's the building block/keystone that holds it together. stripper heels in the bedroom - yes. At Ascot - NO Inside It's the feel good factor that will win balanced with where, when and how (long) which reflects on and creates the above. Otherwise why else are we here Al

High heels are something to everybody that has an attraction for them. Usually, the wearer has a preference for certain styles they enjoy wearing. The sculptured lines of a person's feet when wearing heels effects the viewers, as well as the wearer. Also the materials and colors can hold attention depending on the psychy of those present. Heels are elegent pedestals, which encourages feelings of propriety and self-importance upon the wearer. When experiencing your ecstacy of wearing heels and you know you look good, your confidence increases dramatically. As far as heels being sexual, I tend to speculate the beholder, which could also be the wearer, is projecting and/or associating mental visions from their own perspective along with seeing or imagining high heels being worn by people they consider desiringly attractive.

• 4 weeks later...

I found a pretty good book involving the love of shoes (I think it was The Sexual Life of the Foot and Shoe), and in my research, found that the shoe, especially the heel, are seen symbolically as the male and female anatomy. In other words, a mythic joining of man and woman via the taboo subject of human feet. I've got the notes somewhere, but I thought it was pretty interesting.

It has been a while since I have perused some of the chapters of "The Sexual Life Of The Foot And Shoe". If I remember correctly, it viewed life through the mentality that sex acts and desires are the only reasons things happen. If one is so narrow minded to think this way, then they will never be able to enjoy all the rest of the good stuff that life has to offer.

Are high heels sexual or sexy, or is this the same thing? I do see high heels as a very sexy, pretty shoe. When I wear them, I feel pretty and sexy. But I wear them for the fashion aspect of wearing them. So I guess I do find high heels sexy and a fashion asset.

For example, the average person in the street seems to see High Heels as a bit weird or even silly. I've overheard people poking fun at a woman for wearing such towering heels...

I think that depends entirely on the height of the heels. For heels of 2.5 to 3.5 inches for most women's sizes, I've never heard anything but appreciative comments from both men and women. By 4 inches, though, some people start to get that "meh" look, and by 5 inches and above, yes, most people think that's excessive, if not plain silly.

I attended at art showing last week and one of the attendants was wearing 5-1/2 inch heels. At 5'8", slender yet curvy, she could clearly swing it, but it looked, and was, excessive, and detracted from the showing. People were talking about her because of her choice to go sky-high. The stunning host was wearing perhaps 2.5 inch heels and definately drew the crowd.

Like anything of beauty, it's all about proportion. 36-24-36 is about the limit for most people with respect to curvaciousness. 50-24-26 is over the top, and literally! Lol... I'm very attracted to 34-26-32, myself. :blinkbigeyes:

Also, when sex is mentioned in the same light as High Heels, there's often a disgust or rejection from some High Heels fans. They simply don't see the appeal.

I'm not sure why - heels are definately sexy!

To me personally, High Heels are an extremely sexual thing. They exert feminine sexuality and add instant sexual attraction to the wearer.

And yet I'm a guy and I wear heels - what's up with that? Am I "exerting my feminine sexuality?" I'm certainly not trying to "add instant sexual attraction."

Yet there is an element of sexuality involved. I have my feminine side, too, yet that's not brought out by transvestism - I am male, so I have no need of a bra, but I do prefer a certain line of women's underwear. I hike a lot, and it turns out they're fully supportive while chaff-free, so... It's just a logical choice, and I'm of the "whatever works" club.

If anything, I express my feminine side through writing and talking with others. On gender identity tests I fall squarely in the female brain pool of the curves, and I've been told several times by women they love talking with me because I'm one of the very few men in their lives with whom they feel like they can open all. Sometimes I'm wordy, but I'm a great listener, too. They like that. Yet I am male, happy being male, I'm not gay, yet prefer heels and skirts, but am conscious of society's general rejection of these crossing of the lines... And yet if I could turn back the hands of time to when I was in kindergarten, and were given a choice of my gender, I'd have gone with female. Beyond about fourth grade, though the masculine bone structures were too pronounced.

Yet if I'd done that, gone the girl route, somehow, I think I would have wound up a lesbian, as I'm not interested in guys at all!

Is that weird? I'm a guy, yet I tend to think like a girl, but I like girls, not guys. Hmm...

Back to heels...

Is it the same for you? Or do you see them purely as just a statement (or expression) of your fashion tastes and nothing more?

Daniel xxx

I see wearing heels as a mix of things, not just an expression of my fashion tastes, but as an expression of my personal preferences, of who I am, and of what I like to see on others as well as myself. I'm totally attracted to girls. I see an attractive girl wearing heels, and that definately gets my attention. When I see either myself in the mirror or pics of other guys wearing heels, it's like, "whatever floats your boat." I accept it, but there's no attraction to it. It's just what I prefer to do.

Same with wearing skirts - I just prefer wearing skirts. There's not a like or eroticism involved. I simply find they're more comfortable around the house than pants. If I could get away with wearing them out without derision from society, I would. Such is life, and society isn't there, yet, so I don't, except at the rare festival where guys and girls are wearing rather outlandish outfits anyway - I feel much less conscious wearing a sarong when guys dressed as pirates are walking around in long, black-polished nails! :pulsingheart:

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 8 months later...

"Do you think High Heels are sexual?" I'll also agree with Pussyinboots. They are absolutely sexual. No doubt at all. Whether i see someone else wearing them, or i am wearing them myself, and i am a guy. They are a tremendous turn-on for me, either way. bobbi

As much as some here try to deny it, absolutely... high heels, especially stiletto heels are made to look sexy (or sexual) in the way they are designed. Perceptions of them can vary somewhat, but the sexual connection to high heels is always there to some extent. Though as someone said in this forum before, they are "just shoes", (and maybe it was in a different context now that I think about it) but seriously, lets all be real. :wave:

Definitely sexual and sexy. Women and men arch their feet when they orgasm. A simple very high heeled court shoe is both masculine and feminine. You slip into them but they are also erect, upright and higher than they are wide. Heels do the same thing as a baboons bum. They make you look at the wearers backside.

• 5 months later...

I am a bit late writing something to this but I have only recently joined. For me heels are for sure sexual. I can recall reading in one of the mags, probably Cosmo as that is the one I get most regular, that high heels are the sexiest clothes a woman can put on (rather then take off) and can wear anywhere in public that she wants to, even to church or funerals or work or just shopping. After about 8 years of wearing heels I still get a nice sexy feeling when putting them on. Christine.

• Like 1

If you had asked the question 20 years ago I would have said yes, but not now I just like the style. If I see a lady in a nice pair of shoes, then that can be very sexy. But now when I wear my heels I do not feel sexy at all, I just like wearing them.

life is not a rehearsal

Ok so I guess this is where i differ from everyone here. Do I find high heels sexy? Some of them YES most of them NO. Do I feel sexy when I wear heels? Not really! To me it's not the shoe that makes a women look sexy. To me it's the attitude that the lady gives off and her hole over all look. I think (please don't get upset) but the vast majority of the women I know that wear heels don't wear them because they feel sexy! They wear them because they like the way the look, feel, or even to be taller. I mean I have seen a lot of women wearing flats that look just as sexy as one wearing high heels. My wife is a good example. Do to a MVC she was in a few years ago she can not really wear heels anymore. She wear flats alot. In her day to day look I find her attractive still, but when she goes out of her way to doll her self up that is when I find her sexy, if that makes sense? Now for me when it comes to wearing heels I don't find myself anymore sexy when I am wearing heels than when I am not. For me wearing heels is not a sexual thing. For me wearing heels is about wearing a shoe that looks good, and makes me taller.

I feel sexy as hell in heels... I love to see gals in heels. Nothing better... Heels go with everything and everything goes with heels. I have to again point out I am not a boot fan so not many boots are sexy to me. I will take a heeled boot over a flat shoe almost all the time. :smile:)