Giving and receiving a compliment

Maximilian

I've browsed the girls' section and came across the thread regarding people who notice shoes. One comes to the conclusion that men almost never compliment women on their shoes. It also seems that women would appreciate a compliment over their footwear. Why don't guys give them a compliment? Is it because we're afraid to be seen as perverts with a shoe fetish? Is it because we're afraid that women will read much more into the remark then just a simple compliment?Are we simply afraid to talk to a complete stranger? Is it too hard to give a compliment without expecting anything in return? To you ladies out there, how would you feel if a man complimented you on your footwear/style? Would it make you uncomfortable if a complete stranger would approach you and compliment your taste? When it comes to me, I'd say that the main reasons I don't routinely compliment women about their shoes and the rest of the attire is either because the timing is off, I'm in a hurry and not in the mood to start a potential conversation or that I find the woman in question intimidating for some reason. Therefore in many cases I simply look at a womans' style and make a mental note to myself If I liked the way she dressed as well as her shoes. That being said, I regret that I don't compliment women more often because past experiences have always been positive, whether it's passing by a woman in the mall, smiling and just remarking that I love her shoes/style and walking away. If they heard me, they almost always either smiled back, said thanks or even stopped and started a conversation. The best conversations that I've started with a compliment to their shoes were either at a pub/lounge/bar, in mall stores, the park and at the university. There were a few times where I've actually recognized the shoe designer and that lead to great conversations. If you manage to show genuine interest in her shoes/style then you're pretty much guaranteed to have a fun conversation. So I encourage all you men out there to give more compliments. It will most likely make the woman in question happy as well as yourself. You might gain a new friend from that simple compliment, maybe more. I'll do my part by promising to try and boost my compliment giving load to all you stylish women out there who deserve to be recognized for their style. Oh and ladies, feel free to compliment us as well, not because you feel obligated to but because you want to.

Almost every situation mentioned I have encountered at some point. There is one lady I know who has exquisite taste in footwear and I am often led to comment to her about them without a problem. I saw her one day with a female friend and I decided to comment on her boots; "What are you doing walking in those boots? They're not made for that." She laughed but her friend seemed to be scandalized by my comment. Different strokes for different folks.

Bit of an odd one this; I don't typically complement women in the street / open social situations for the very reason outlined above of not wishing to come across as some sort of" pervert" etc though quite clearly I do have a fetish for heels; it's not something I am readily going to broadcast to all and sundry. However, the women I know in the local fetish scene a) get complements from me (I love being able to talk heels with woman) and :blinkbigeyes: give me complements; even making comments that they "hate" me that I am able to wear heels that they wouldn't consider. Of course, members of the forum are more likely to make comments but how many forum members do you know in real life; if we were in regular personal contact i'm sure the conversations would be more complement and shoes than anything else. R

I spent a lot of time in different malls in the Milwaukee and Chicago areas over the Christmas shopping season and probably complimented at least a half dozen women on their shoes. Consider these reasons; 1) You love shoes and so does the woman you're complimenting, 2) Women express themselves through their clothes and complimenting them shows appreciation for that expression 3) Life is a one-shot deal...shop a dozen malls and you'll probably never see the same people (except the merchants) twice so you'll also nearly never see the same heels either. It is utterly stunning how many opportunities there are to say something nice but they are lost to "overthinking the moment". Say what you mean and mean what you say-women will notice! HappyinHeels

Whenever I have complimented a woman on her footwear, the reaction has almost always been positive. Usually I receive a thank you and a smile. I wonder if the reation from a woman depends on the appearence of the man giving it, and the woman receiving it? Think of the different possibilities and combinations.

Whenever I have complimented a woman on her footwear, the reaction has almost always been positive. Usually I receive a thank you and a smile.

I wonder if the reation from a woman depends on the appearence of the man giving it, and the woman receiving it? Think of the different possibilities and combinations.

suppose so, I just expect women to think I'm a bit weird complementing on their shoes; when really they probably won't think twice about it.

Therefore I shall be a bit more bold about it and complement women more often :blinkbigeyes:

At the office the other day a woman was wearing knee high stiletto pointy boots that looked sharp. We were together, out of earshot, in the kitchen area and I said to her, "Love the boots!" She appreciated the compliment!

It's all about the heel!

A compliment in harmony with the situation should be a welcomed thought whether they perceive the giver to be a bit fanatic is their choice. Maybe when they see you wearing heels, they will be able to appreciate the compliment more.