Jimmy Choo Sizing HELP

thighboots

Fellow heel lovers, I have finally given in / gone mad and decided to treat myself to a pair of Jimmy Choo knee high boots, the style I am looking at is called Orchid. My question to you is, do Jimmy Choo boots tend to size ok? I take a 42 (UK 9) in high street brands - Aldo, Faith etc. Jimmy Choo do this boot in a 42, but was wondering if it would fit? Any comments, as ever would be great. Also would be great to hear from anyone who has a pair or Orchid knee high boots! At £544 I just want to make sure I am going to be able to get them on!

Valid point, but I'm not brave enough!

To many odd looks, and from my experience of buying shoes there with my wife I can't imagine the attendants being very supportive of a guy trying on a pair of their boots!

I'm really puzzled by your response, thighboots :blinkbigeyes: Here you are about to spend a princely sum on a pair of woman's boots for yourself and you are too ashamed (shy) to try on before you buy them ? Where would you wear them after you bought them? Preening in front of the mirror in your bedroom?

Any footwear that costs as much and looks as good as this pair of boots should be worn proudly outside of the house where the entire world would be able to see your good taste and your sophisticated personal style.

Try them on and make sure they fit your feet as they should. No one in the shop will care and I'm sure you'll find the sales staff to be more than helpful.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

No judgements here. Ask the salesperson how they fit (run large or small), and then buy two neighboring sizes (say 9 and 9 1/2). If asked, you can just say, "They're for someone, and you're not sure which one will fit better." As long as they aren't work outside (or aren't on a clearance), I'm sure you can do a return without any problems. Will you have to make an extra trip back to the store, yes; you'll also have to put out some extra money until the return. However, both sound better for you than either trying on a pair in the store, or buying one pair, only to get it home and have it not fit.

well thighboots, I for one would not ever worry about any such "odd looks" from anyone, esp salesmen who are much more interested in MAKING a sale (hence profit) now if they do take any such attitude, they are being counter-productive in what they are trying to accomplish.:blinkbigeyes:

When you are going to spend such an amount of money, do it in style. Going into the shop like a hunted animal on the lookout for disasters isn't going to do it. That is of course the reason you would like to buy them by internet. But maybe this is the opportunity to get yourself so far as to go in person, behave like someone who is going to buy an expensive pair of boots and force yourself into a confident attitude (at least outward). If ever there was an occasion.... That way you will feel even better about the whole thing afterwards. They ain't gonna bite and if you tell them to jump they will jump, just to get your money. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

I was interested in buying a pair of Louboutins, but I had no idea of their fit. So, when I got the chance I visited Saks Fifth Avenue and a couple of other satellite stores in the area that carried that brand. They didn't have the exact pair I wanted on their shelves, but they were willing to let me try on similar styles to make a possible sale and I got a feel of what to expect. The sales people were most helpful, even when they realize I wasn't going to purchase anything. I even got a card from them should I return to their services. Yes I had butterflies, but I had to know more than I had to consider any kind of purchase that was so expensive. The experience was more uplifting than I had imagined. I'm sure your experience would be as equally rewarding as you make the purchase, if you decide to visit the store. P.S. I later had to buy the Louboutin Pumps on-line from Saks and my experience did help me to find the perfect size.

That is a lot of money to spend on a pair of boots for anyone, but it seems that your wife is willing to let you spend that amount for that particular pair of boots. Take her with you to the store and try the boots on and you will be sure that the fit and feel will be right thus enhansing the pleasure of wearing them in any situation you want indoors or out. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Thanks for the comments! I can only say that I wish I could go into the store and try them on, but I don't think I have the courage to. Ad fir where I will wear them, mainly indoors, but also out and about in the neighbourhood I live in, normally under the cover of night though! Would be great to hear from anyone who has a pair or Orchid boots?

I like those boots! Even if I could afford them I don't think they'd zip up on me though. :blinkbigeyes: I don't always try on in the shop, but rest assured, I would if I was spending knocking on £600 on a pair! Just go for it, the staff won't mind. At the end of the day they want money in the till.

This makes you a Size 8, NOT a size 9 :blinkbigeyes:

I wish stores would store labelling 42 as a UK9, that does my head in!!!

Ive yet to find two conversion charts the same - that does my head in :pulsingheart:!!

As a rule of thumb though I agree with you - 42 is 8 and 43 is 9. Varies from place to place as I am sure we can all testify too

Gingers Rogers did everything Fred Astair did .. but backwards and in heels

I guess I can help you a little. About two Christmasses ago I decided to give myself a Christmas. I went into the Jimmy Choo site and found out that they had size 42, which most sites advertise as a size 12. I called a rep and found out that they had the Orchid boots in a size 42, so I bought them (thinking that it was a size 12). All I have are boots, from Stuart Weitzman, Ralph Lauren, Nine West and Via Spiga (all of they fit really well in a size 12) When I first got them I tried them on and was not able to put them on. I even bought pantyhose to see if they fit, they were not even close. I can't compare to a UK size but I do know that what most people advertise as a comparable size is not true. I believe that a size 12 is equivalent to a size 44. I hope this can give you an idea of what size to but.

I guess I can help you a little. About two Christmasses ago I decided to give myself a Christmas. I went into the Jimmy Choo site and found out that they had size 42, which most sites advertise as a size 12. I called a rep and found out that they had the Orchid boots in a size 42, so I bought them (thinking that it was a size 12). All I have are boots, from Stuart Weitzman, Ralph Lauren, Nine West and Via Spiga (all of they fit really well in a size 12) When I first got them I tried them on and was not able to put them on. I even bought pantyhose to see if they fit, they were not even close. I can't compare to a UK size but I do know that what most people advertise as a comparable size is not true. I believe that a size 12 is equivalent to a size 44.

I hope this can give you an idea of what size to but.

I have never understood High End Designer Sizing, ordinarily a size US12 is a UK10, but designer shoes will be a UK8 what gives!!!! Can anyone explain this logic to me?????

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

Not true. I have found that in many high end shoes the sizing is more generous. It all depends... I can get into a Gucci or Patrick Cox 8 boot without a problem but can't get Laboutin 9s on to save my life.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Just from the discussion here, it is obvious that if you are interested in purchasing expensive footwear, you better be willing to try them on before you plunk down your life savings or your annual vacation stash? Would you believe lunch money? How about bubble gum expense? Hush fund?