Hi everybody from the Sunny Spain !

Well, after months of detailed study in this forum, I have finally decided to jump in. I have gained a reasonable knowledge of the "leaders" (no need to mention any names) and I hope I will get a richful addition to my experiences if I receive the honour of being welcome. Best regards, Robert. PS: If any of you have any interest on the Spanish high heel fashion I will gladly help with advices, photos, shopping guides, webs, etc. I will be very glad to help, since I believe it is a quite interesting place for high heelers, and having been lurking I realize most of you (except some experts) apparently haven't had the chance to know.

Oops, now I'm a guest? :wink: A midnight promenade on high heels is obviously dangerous. As you come back you have to realize that you are degraded to the status of a guest. There must be something have gone wrong! I assume it's my own mistake. I'm still the registered micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

Hi, Bob2, Yes, I'm amazed by the quality of some of the Spanish footwear. The leather is beautifully soft ... nay, sensual, in many cases. I am a fan of Sacha, a UK chain of shops who sell superior quality shoes and boots. I am so well known at Sacha in High St. Kensington, London, that the shop assistants wave to me as I pass by, even though I may not be shopping there that day. Funnily enough, most of, most of my Sacha boots are made in Spain. If you know of any Spanish suppliers who don't appear on our list under 'Shops', then please feel free to enlighten us. Xa

Dear Micha, I wonder if you refer to flamenco boots as what is known worldwide as cuban heels; you can still find quite a number of men wearing cuban heels in the range of 2-4 in. but in the reality it is not very different from men wearing some cowboy boots which feature similar heels. You being from Germany, I remember very well shops like TACK where I could find very interesting designs that I used to walk with in towns like Berlin, Duesseldorf, Hameln, etc. in my business trips. I am not currently travelling to Germany as often as I did when I was working for a German company, but chances are this is gonna change very soon. You live in a very nice country for heeling fashion as well, and it is perfect for my 41 size since it is a far more common size for German ladies than for Spanish ones. I am not saying I have difficulties to find 41's in Spain, but the fact is that in Germany the variety is wider due to simple demographic questions and time. One question aside: I was always warned that Russian mafia was very powerful in Frankfurt; does this mean center of Frankfurt could be unsafe in the evenings ? Have you ever had any experience with cops catching you on heels ? I always though German cops are very strict. Best regards, bob2hh

Dear Xaphod,

It might be interesting to you to pay a visit to www.luichiny.es

Probably most of you will know; it is quite well present in the US.

This year they make a very feminine design, but it is amazing. They used to make a lot of platform-oriented designs, but they are coming back to the platformless and thin-stiletto designs. Very nice for ladies, especially for the ones who hate platforms.

Even if all the "manuals" of male heel wearing refrain us from wearing pointy toes and thin stilettos, I have read in a Spanish heeling forum the opinion of a lady who literally said she changed completely her mind upon seeing a guy wearing a Luichiny thin-stiletto design under jeans. From awful to amazing.

I made the test 2 days ago; I took the Luichiny thin-stiletto boots under jeans and went to a furniture store usually run by a high heeled young lady. The lady was very positive, she even made a lot of fun telling me "she was running faster" when going to the rear of the store to show me some furnitures. We engaged in a nice conversation from which there was a total acceptance of the fact that those heels had a very nice look.

However, I confess that I usually stick to the classic men heeled styles: block heels and moderate platforms under more or less flared jeans.

I have a combination which is ideal for the newcomers; it is virtually undetectable and works as a formidable confidence builder: Mustang clogs under slightly flared jeans. I would post a picture if I had my camera ready (battery low now).

well, best regards and let me know if you knew Luichiny.

bob2hh

Hi, Bob2, Nice morning in the UK here .... already about 25 deg C. I looked at Luichiny, must be some years ago now, and forgot about it because I don't like platforms that much. Yes, there are some styles I quite like ... those open-back mules would be fine on a hot day. I'm wearing short ankle boots by Western Ranch with 5" heels now, but later I think I will change into 5" Fuss heels which you can see under 'Stand by for some more sillyness from Xaphod'. I will wear these under lightweight Summer trousers. The problem for guys wearing thin stilettos is that they are not really strong enough to carry a biggish guy's weight. The Fuss heels are about 2cm wide and are much stronger. Xa

Dear Xaphod, You are certainly right; for a guy, thin heels should remain only for short walks, in some kind of special circumstances only. Besides, the heel tip can quickly ruin (or should be replaced very often) and, at least to me, it is only pleasant as long as you walk in firm, flat surfaces where the walking behaviour is smooth and predictable. For example, if in the street there are tiles with some minor geometrical drawings (to avoid slipping when it rains); and you catch the heel tip on the very edge of them you can easily break something. This is the case in my city, so I would not take them for a regular street walk. This is why it is certainly much better having a heel at least 1.5-2 cm wide for "all purpose" walking. However, the point is that even with stiletto heels, a guy does not seem as ugly or unacceptable or ridiculous as initially expected. Facing things with an attitude of total normality is a key factor for success. On the other side, I guess that ladies face exactly the same kind of problems and constraints. Best regards, bob2hh.

Welcome, bob2hh! I look forward to your comments! I've tried stiletto heels on one or two occasions, and while I love how they look and feel, I agree that you have to take care in them. For general walking about I quite like wedges, but i can see that a chunky block heel would also be good. I loved the story about the furniture store! That's where I'd like to be too! Well done.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Dear Micha, I asked about Frankfurt because I was once warned by a German colleague to be very careful there. From your comments I deduct it is as any other big town. Maybe he had a bad experience that left him ill-minded about Frankfurt; who knows. I will post a new topic in the guys section concerning an experience I had with cops. Best regards, bob2hh.

Hi Bob! Greetings from the Land's Down Under. Great to see you here and I look forward to your posts..I have to admit to being a fan of Spanish shoes,some are quite awesome and have found the leathers,on the whole, to be of very good quality.

even with stiletto heels, a guy does not seem as ugly or unacceptable or ridiculous as initially expected. Facing things with an attitude of total normality is a key factor for success.

If a guy is reasonably slim,has good dress sense and is confident and comfortable within himself, there is no good reason not to wear stiletto's.

I, like others here, do so fairly regularly and it's a blast .My favorite boots are a pair of black suede beauties by Cesare Catini .They have a delightful long point and a very thin 5" heel.Just can't help feeling sexy and elegant when wearing them.Sure, there are odd negative comments from teenage girls or some Neanderthal,but the positive remarks outway these by a large margin.

Wouldn't swap any of my still's for all the tea in China and that's a fact. :wink:

jim

Hola y buenas dias Bob. The great thing about the Spanish is that they love to promenade in the evenings, after dinner when it's cooler, and it is a feast for a high heel addict eyes as they wear the most amazing footwear. Being half Spanish myself I'm a tad biased but it is true tho'. Welcome to the board and I look forward to reading more about you. Julie x

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

I've set my machine to log me in automatically. That way I can't forget. It stores a cookie on your computer, and there you are.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Sorry to everybody, I forgot to Log In.

Best regards,

Robert.

(I am not the only one to whom this happens, isn't it ?)

He, he ... that's my beginning Alzheimer disease :wink:

The best fashion is your own fashion!