High Heels lady on my train... an awkward experience

Hi All, I just wanted to share an experience with you that I had whilst coming home from work one day last year. I had just boarded my train a bit earlier than usual, and a beautiful mature lady stepped onboard wearing a gorgeous pair of 6" black stiletto pumps and seamed stockings. All of it was hidden under a long black coat. I had the painful view of watching her from behind as she walked down to the end of the carriage. Not many people seemed to be that bothered but it was a heart-pumping moment for me, because I've never seen a woman wear such mouth-watering heels out in public before. I was overwhelmed by the thought that she probably just spent a whole day at work in those amazing heels! Anyway, I was praying that she wouldn't get off at my stop, because if she did, I would have to try and talk to her... I wouldn't be able to resist. But, just my luck, she DID get off at my stop (which was Romford in Essex, UK by the way... if you're on this website, it'd be great to hear from you). There wasn't that many people getting off so I had a clear view of her walking onto the platform and down the stairs to the station... it was the most beautiful sight I'd ever seen. She was quite tall and very slender, and had a natural beauty about her. She was walking in the same direction as my bus stop outside, so I took the opportunity to catch up with her. I was shaking like a leaf. So, I caught up her and said... "excuse me, sorry to bother you. (she stopped) I hope you don't mind me saying but I just love your amazing heels. You look absolutely stunning in them." She wasn't too impressed at all and she practically ignored my efforts to compliment her and walked away quickly. I'd just like to get everyone's opinion on that event. I mean, was I being too direct? or... have I actually done something wrong by complimenting a woman in such a way? If I was to do the same to a fellow member of this website, would you have reacted the same? Many thanks! Daniel xxx :cry1:

• Like 1

I'd just like to get everyone's opinion on that event. I mean, was I being too direct? or... have I actually done something wrong by complimenting a woman in such a way?

If I was to do the same to a fellow member of this website, would you have reacted the same?

Many thanks!

Daniel xxx :cry1:

Maybe she thought you were more interested in her shoes than her, or maybe she was simply having a bad day and no matter what anybody said, they would all get the same reaction... Who knows...

As for fellow members, well, theres a huge difference between members here and the lady you complimented. For a start, 90% of the members here are men.

If any man said some of the things to me that some members here say to each other, I'd get rather worried and tell them to p*** off...

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

There is something a little bit frightening about a male stranger approaching a woman at a secluded or thinly populated area and, out of the gathering darkness, voicing complements on the shoes that she was wearing. Perhaps she was just a bit worried that you might not be the most trustworthy, well intentioned person that was roaming about in the snowy darkness?

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

There is something a little bit frightening about a male stranger approaching a woman at a secluded or thinly populated area and, out of the gathering darkness, voicing complements on the shoes that she was wearing. Perhaps she was just a bit worried that you might not be the most trustworthy, well intentioned person that was roaming about in the snowy darkness?

No, don't be silly. It wasn't like that at all. In fact it was still light and quite populated.

It seems that today's society has been so crippled by political correctness that its even considered odd to compliment a woman in a street. Put us in a bar or club and would I get the same reaction? I'm sure some of you must see what I mean. There was no harm intended at all, I was just being charming, polite and would have liked to invite her out for dinner if I got the chance.

That life some will and some wont! What gets me is when some girls are "flashed" up looking for attention when they get it before getting to their nightclub or???? they get shirty and virtually shout rape on the smallest positive compliment. Yet 5+ hours later their acting 150% the whore. That's life Dan. I've given compliments in some stores, at the worst I got a glare. I caught a young lady falling once (she was with her mum [ugg] so no misbehaviour) she agreed she needed some practicea all well and good there. I want to compliment a lady on the train from Surbiton to Waterloo 3 months back wearing a fantastic pair of faith boots but I daren't cos my daughter was with me, frustrating or what? I feel which ever gender if the style and dress sense stands out well then there has been time and effort put in, like cooking a special meal, the chef appreciates the compliments, otherwise why bother? Al

I have done it a loads of times now and had good results, I pick on somebody standing still, waiting, it does not matter if they are alone or not, then it usually goes something like this, Excuse me, (with a smile) and when I have eye contact I tell her she has made my day by looking fantastic and that I love her heels, boots whatever, then smile again, say thank you and walk off promptly, don't hang around or get too close. Everybody is a winner when done correctly I have never had anything less than a smile and a returned thank you. It helps if you look smart(ish) if she is a business woman, but perhaps in an airport or in town, choose somebody who is dressed in a similar way, if you are wearing jeans, go for a girl wearing jeans. It has always been a thrill to do, I don't get much chance to do it any more as I don't travel so much but recommend it. I will just add that it is possible, like in the beginning of this thread for it to go wrong. If I was to give any advice and I know you are not asking for it, maybe the catching up with her and stopping her alarmed her? I think I would have just watched her, enjoyed and been thankful for the sight. better luck next time, but do have another go.

The angels have the phonebox.

I think in most cases, men and women read complements differently. It is possible she could have taken your well-meant complement as a flirt. Case in point: The other night I was checking out in line at Target. The woman ringing me up complemented me on my ring (I had it custom made for our 10year anniversary). I went on to explain that and show her the ring. To me she was admiring the ring. Later when I told my wife about it she said "She was flirting with you".

It's a tricky call on whether to compliment a lady in public these days.

I saw Cinnamon on the tube in 2008 and didn't say anything. I wish I had now, Cinnamon assures me she would have be polite as long as I wasn't rude, lol!

Honestly a girl can't have too many shoes!

• 4 months later...

So, I caught up her and said... "excuse me, sorry to bother you. (she stopped) I hope you don't mind me saying but I just love your amazing heels. You look absolutely stunning in them."

She wasn't too impressed at all and she practically ignored my efforts to compliment her and walked away quickly.

I'd just like to get everyone's opinion on that event. I mean, was I being too direct? or... have I actually done something wrong by complimenting a woman in such a way?

It's hard to know how someone will react when you compliment them. Most of the time that I've gotten up the nerve to compliment a woman on her footwear, she seems flattered, but even then the moment is often awkward.

One negative I had was when I complimented a woman on the train. She was an acquaintance, so not a total stranger. When I complimented her, "I really like the shoes you are wearing today," she just looked down at them and said nothing. I felt completely embarrassed as I think other people heard my comment. That about ended the conversation for the day and I never again tried to compliment her.

Sometimes, though, I've had positive reactions turn awkward when the woman stops to think that, "oh wait, it's a man giving me a compliment. (is he hitting on me, etc...)"

I wouldn't take it personally, maybe she was just in a hurry. It's tough to take for a while, but on average I've had positive reactions when giving compliments. One of them is a story in this sub-forum.

I can only speak for myself, however if a man came up to me in broad dayliight with people around and complimented me on my high heels (and it has happened on more than one occasion), then I would politely thank him with a smile, and then go on my way.

If the conversation went any further I would answer a couple of questions perhaps...and then simply make a courteous 'excuse me' and continue on with my business. A woman can usually tell if a man is 'normal' or someone to be avoided.

There is no excuse for bad manners in this instance. A compliment is a compliment: i.e an expression of appreciation, and as such, deserves a polite response. A dinner invitation..in my case...would be greeted with an amused giggle, and then a twirl onto my heels accompanied by a polite and humourous decline.

However, there's no accounting for people's moods or even their personal neurosis. Too many women these days have no self-esteem or self-confidence, and no idea of etiquette or good manners either.....so a simple courtesy is completely alien to them. So often, a genuine compliment is unfortunately (and wrongly) interpreted as an unwanted 'chat-up','hit' or intrusion into their personal space.

Sadly (as has already been posted here), later in the day, some of those same women can be so 'tanked up' with alcohol, that they lose any self-control they might have, and behave like complete sluts, throwing themselves at anything in trousers.

So what am I saying then? Complimenting one woman my result in a pleasant 'thank you kindly'.....with another, she may immediately go on the defensive....and possibly even be rude. The point is, if a woman has no understanding of good manners, and has no self worth (which may be why she is wearing noticably high heels in the first place), then she will interpret a man's compliment as a threat, and react in a rude or aggressive manner. A woman who is comfortable in her own skin, and well aware of her attributes, will probably respond with a beaming smile and a grateful 'thank you'.

However, as my Aunt always used to say.."There's n'owt so queer as folk!"

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I've approached hundreds of girls in broad daylight with only a tiny few negative responses. The key for me was to approach the girl from the front, so she could see my entire body from head to toe and therefore size me up and assess her safety. When I approached from the side, I almost always got a negative reaction.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I've approached hundreds of girls in broad daylight with only a tiny few negative responses.

The key for me was to approach the girl from the front, so she could see my entire body from head to toe and therefore size me up and assess her safety.

When I approached from the side, I almost always got a negative reaction.

Rules of body language and personal territory. Be seen on approach, Keep your distance and always be polite and courteous. If in a line it can be difficult to catch the eyeline.

Al

I wonder, now: What if I was also wearing heels and complimented a lady in heels? What about if I continued the conversation on to asking "where she got them"? Would she assume things, like maybe I wanted to get a pair for the so or myself or etc.? Then I wonder, to the ladies who have complimented here... would you really say what you did if a guy walked up to you and say, "'Cuse me, but those are some really nice shoes/heels you have on!"? I've been thinking about commenting ladies myself, but have never done so in terms of nervousness. I honestly think it depends on the person, really...*just answered his own question*

Formally "HHDude"

I've approached hundreds of girls in broad daylight with only a tiny few negative responses.

The key for me was to approach the girl from the front, so she could see my entire body from head to toe and therefore size me up and assess her safety.

When I approached from the side, I almost always got a negative reaction.

Rules of body language and personal territory. Be seen on approach, Keep your distance and always be polite and courteous. If in a line it can be difficult to catch the eyeline.

Al

Working in London and New York taught me to have 360° vision all the time.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

• 4 weeks later...

little.dan ...

I don't think I would worry too much about the reaction you got. I have complimented women on the high heels they are wearing and I have received mostly positive reactions. But occassionally I will get a reaction similar to what you received. I really wouldn't let it bother you too much.

I'm always looking for women to compliment on their choice of footwear. Unfortunately when I find one, I feel like a stalker because I'm trying to get up enough nerve to speak to her. I'm not sure if I have ever been noticed that way, but certainly have no intention of making it look inappropriate. A couple of weeks ago there was a woman wearing these great platform mules in a store and rather than follow until for the opportune moment, I just quickly walked up to her and told her how much I admired her shoes. She said thanks. I noticed a detail on the shoe that I hadn't seen from a distance and asked her if the zipper was actually functional. She replied that they were functional, but didn't need to unzip them to get the mule off of her foot. She then proceeded to demonstrate bysliding the shoe off and put it back on. I asked her who made the shoe and she said they were Jessica Simpson. I again complimented her and we parted. I think she would have been willing to continue the conversation, but my nervousness cut things short. I wish the encounter had lasted longer.

Looking to share my fetish with like-minded individuals. I love to wear classic opera pumps in public with 4-5 inch stiletto heels.

I love it when men or women compliment me on my heels.I had a women stop me in the parking lot at the mall the other day to ask where Id gotten the mules I was wearing.I really enjoy men looking at my shoes,I wish they would say something,but maybe their to shy.

• 5 months later...

Hi Daniel A shame the lady's reply wasn't more positive, but at least you were polite, which I think is the main thing. Over the years I've complimented a number of women on their heels (and their leather, if I'm lucky enough to find a lady wearing both!) and they are usually appreciative. The last lady I complemented in that way was a couple of weeks ago in London. She was in her 20s, dark skinned with long straight hair, wearing a shortish skirt and black otk boots with about 3" heels. Like you, I started off by saying 'Excuse me, I'm sorry to bother you' and when she had stopped I said that she looked very nice in her boots. She said 'Oh!....Thank you very much!' so I asked her where she got them from, and she said Office. Then she said they were very comfortable, and she enjoyed wearing them. Then she asked if I liked boots, so I said yes very much. She laughed and said 'Good for you, darling!' Then she said she had to be getting along, and it was nice to meet me. As I say, I've met a number of very nice ladies in boots - I'm always happy to bore you with details!!