Kurt Geiger

benno

Just been to Kurt Geiger and walked out into the snow with 2 pairs of £140 shoes for less than 30 quid! The pink triple straps were £19 and the peach & black rope platforms were £9! They have loads of size 7 and 8 top end heels in their branches. Their sale is amazing... Cheaper than Primark! Cheers, Ben

post-9545-13352290097_thumb.jpg

Result there Benno,and I thought I had a result today! Got 6'' strappy sandles by solea in grey with the mega chunky sole, were down to 59.00 then at the till reduced again to 39.00,I was happy as they had originally been about 200.00 from memory.Great fun trying them on in the kg section at topshop,the girls were impressed I could walk so well in them,they were very nice,best shopping trip in the sales so far!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

I'd wear those Solea sandals if the right evening out called for it. I've worn equally crazy shoes in the past. If the outfit and venue work in harmony with the shoes then people only assume you are a bit nuts but know how to dress yourself!

Just been to Kurt Geiger and walked out into the snow with 2 pairs of £140 shoes for less than 30 quid!

The pink triple straps were £19 and the peach & black rope platforms were £9!

They have loads of size 7 and 8 top end heels in their branches.

Their sale is amazing... Cheaper than Primark!

Cheers,

Ben

Just goes to show what a rip off full price shoes really are doesn't it?

My friend owns a shoe shop - and she showed me one of her Wholesaler's Catalogues once - featuring 'Blu' Shoes and 'Cassandra' Shoes - good, mid-price high street names..

A pair of 4" strappy mules which retailed at £55.00 - £65.00 on the high street, were bought at a wholesale unit price of......£4.99 per pair!!

It's a similar story with designer brands like Gianmarco Lorenzi, Prada, Jimmy Choo etc etc.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

I really wish they'd stop this sale now...I'm spending way too much money! So far I've bought Carvela Adelaide (wearing them now), Astroid, and two pair of Alert (Teal and Black patent). My bank balance needs a rest! Spiker.

Just goes to show what a rip off full price shoes really are doesn't it?

My friend owns a shoe shop - and she showed me one of her Wholesaler's Catalogues once - featuring 'Blu' Shoes and 'Cassandra' Shoes - good, mid-price high street names..

A pair of 4" strappy mules which retailed at £55.00 - £65.00 on the high street, were bought at a wholesale unit price of......£4.99 per pair!!

It's a similar story with designer brands like Gianmarco Lorenzi, Prada, Jimmy Choo etc etc.

Indeed, the ones I bought, especially £39, have either come from China or Brazil. Now it doesn't take a genius to work out that a pair of real leather shoes, that have been shipped half way across the world don't actually cost much to make; shipping costs alone must take up most of the cost to start.

Of course living cost across the world can be so much cheaper than we have to contend with in the UK / western world but none the less it is a bit depressing to think what conditions even these labelled items are made under let alone some of the more budget brands.

As much as like to be a "responsible" shopper or at least consider where my goods have come from; it is almost impossible to by goods that haven't come from China / India etc.

The only thing that heartens me, especially about the Chinese industries etc; think back (or look it up like me) 40 / 50 years to when Japan was under cutting western manufacturing, there were many tales of poor shoddy goods but given a good 20 years of development, the Japanese now knock out some of the best products in the world, at good prices with excellent quality control and are now used as a bench mark for quality an innovation. May be with some intelligent thinking from the relevant governments, that want to play in the wider world will see the benefit of providing their peoples with increased H&S and living conditions.

Sorry, this has turned into a bit of a preach, way off subject.

Richard

• 2 weeks later...

This is who made my boots i'm now feeling like i gotta bargin @ £45 . They feel very very well made and a really nice fit. I didnt know that they were made by any1 well known :blinkbigeyes: And for 6inch heels witha 1.5inch plat there not bad to walk in....well i havent fell over yet :pulsingheart: