What is YOUR size

I just bought off the shelf size 9 NZ heels with 4 1/2" elevation and 5 3/4 stiletto heel which is about 1/4" square heel based on a 1" platform. peeptoe courts, cost NZ40.00. Size 9nz is equal to size 10 us. as a womens fit, slightly tight across the toes mainly to my small toe, but they will soon fit like a glove. they work my ankle well which feels really good. as for buying, in nz some shops carry us sizes while some have nz sizes. knowing what NZ or us size i needed, I cut a strip of paper to fit neatly inside my shoes I wear, then also mark on it the desired heel hight etc. my excuse was to buy for my wife as a surprise, but i need to make sure they fitted. when I went to check out, the girl on the counter opened the box to check that both shoes were the same size. My responce was 'my wife woud kill me if i bought her two shoes of different sizes'. I didnt feel as ifanyone was being nosey nor have any over helpful asistant getting in the way.

Blacksheep

Wow Blacksheep, it is too bad that you had to resort to hinting that the shoes were for your wife rather than just trying them on to see if they fit you properly. Perhaps, one of these days the stigma of a male in high heels will disappear and we all will be able to freely buy heels without feeling that we're doing something shameful.

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

• 1 month later...

Nienna:-) I can see with such a small last that you would be hard pressed to find 12cm heels. You are right---I don't think that children wear them either. A 12cm heel must keep you on your toes a lot. I hope that you do find just what you are looking for. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Unfortunately I have odd sized feet ! My left is an 8(uk) my right is a 9. So I buy either size depending on fit generousity. I buy a lot of my shoes from Bratanto where they go up to a size 11 (uk). I go there so often the staff know me !

Nienna:-)

I can see with such a small last that you would be hard pressed to find 12cm heels. You are right---I don't think that children wear them either. A 12cm heel must keep you on your toes a lot. I hope that you do find just what you are looking for.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

I've found some sites selling small sized shoes but it's hard to find... I don't think I ever will find any shoes beyond 12 cm high but I'm on my toes in those anyway better that than shopping in the childrens department.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...