I've been to Faith!

chris100575

My fiancee and I went shopping today, and while we were there she asked if I wanted to go into Faith. I really liked the look of these concealed-platform courts, and I asked the (very pretty) assistant if she had them in an 8. She checked, and said that if I'd like to take a seat she'd bring them over for me to try on. They were a bit tight, but she commented that they would wear in and that she didn't think I'd wear socks with them anyway, but that I could try them on at home and return them if I wasn't happy. Sold! I'd also been looking at the platform stiletto boots, but wasn't sure about the combination of a platform and pointed toe. As I was queuing to pay for the shoes I noticed a lady trying on the same boots and they looked really sexy on her. The assistant noticed me looking and said "We have those boots in an 8 too if you'd like to try them on?" I couldn't resist an offer like that, and again she brought me a pair over. The boots fit perfectly and I had to have them too! The service in Faith is fantastic, this is the third store I've been into and tried on heels and in all cases the staff have been very friendly and helpful. :cry1:

post-988-133522900166_thumb.jpg

post-988-133522900168_thumb.jpg

Those are great pumps and boots. Sounds like the salesperson was very cordial with you. I think now days, male or female, a sale is a sale. And my guess is that the salesperson has had other men ask or try on high heels before.

You're a brave and lucky man. I am such a coward I have obtained all of my heels online. What a great fiancee you have and I love the pumps and boots you got. Remember to show you're appreciation to you're fiancee? Next will be pics of you out and about in your new heels right?

Great experience, Chris. Thanks for sharing. I had a similar a similar experience here in Buenos Aires a couple of years ago. I didn't try them on because, in the end, they didn't have them in my size. I had to go to another store where they weren't so friendly.

Trust me there's no bravery involved, the customer service in Faith is top notch; this is the third branch I've been into and in all of them the staff have asked me if I wanted to try stuff on. They really don't seem to be fazed by guys trying on heels in there. In this case their attitude netted them a second sale. As I was paying for the boots the assistant mentioned that she'd seen me looking at them earlier and thought that I might want to try them on. Wearheels: I won't be going out in these, they're too feminine for outside. My fiancee was also impressed with how helpful and professional the staff were. Don't worry, she knows how much I appreciate her. She's been waited on hand and foot as I've tottered around in my new heels. :cry1:

Chris100575,

Congratulations on having the courage to go in store and try on! I wish I had that nerve, it must help to have a fiancée who's willing to accompany you. My fiancée, although very accepting of me in heels is very much a "behind closed doors" type person. Do you mind me asking which Faith store you went into?

Where's the problem? The assistant doesn't know you from Adam and you wouldn't be the first male customer they've had.

Dr. Shoe, with the greatest respect, you know where the problem is, I understand those are meant to be words of encouragement but that doesn't mean that this is an easy barrier to get one's mind across.

Regards,

Spiker.

Chris100575,

Congratulations on having the courage to go in store and try on! I wish I had that nerve, it must help to have a fiancée who's willing to accompany you. My fiancée, although very accepting of me in heels is very much a "behind closed doors" type person. Do you mind me asking which Faith store you went into?

Noticed you are in west midlands, the faith store in Solihull is worth a visit very male friendly

Where's the problem? The assistant doesn't know you from Adam and you wouldn't be the first male customer they've had.

It often isn't the staff that's the 'problem' - it's the other customers, many of whom will start up the usual routine if they see a guy trying on high heels

--- elbowing-their-partner, whispering, sniggering, frowning, tutting, etc.

I saw some of this when out & about in Oxford Street last wednesday with three fellow heelers (mini-heelmeet!). It's not always easy to ignore.

I'm growing accustomed to it myself though. I usually just smile & throw a 'thumbs up' at anybody taking an interest in what i'm doing, as happened in the middle of Top Shop :cry1:

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I'm growing accustomed to it myself though. I usually just smile & throw a 'thumbs up' at anybody taking an interest in what i'm doing, as happened in the middle of Top Shop :cry1:

I really like your attitude is this is the right answer to situations like that.Punctuation Just smile, acknowledge, and go about your business.

It often isn't the staff that's the 'problem' - it's the other customers, many of whom will start up the usual routine if they see a guy trying on high heels

I saw some of this when out & about in Oxford Street last wednesday with three fellow heelers (mini-heelmeet!). It's not always easy to ignore.

Not surprised, anytime you see 2 or more people wearing the same attire, its looked at as some sort of "club", so imagine seeing 3+ guys all together, same place, same time, all wearing heels... No wonder you got a few sniggers.

You see 1 guy wearing heels, the world passes us by.... Nobody notices, and life goes on.

You see 3+ guys together wearing them and suddenly it turns into some kind of club, so combine that with peoples stereotypes, and bang, perfect recipe for a bit of giggling...

No different to if you wear all wearing the same coloured shirts or jackets for example, soon as people spot (or hear) multiples of identical items, they get grouped together, be it 4 people all in blue hats, red trousers or whatever your wearing.

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

I'm growing accustomed to it myself though. I usually just smile & throw a 'thumbs up' at anybody taking an interest in what i'm doing, as happened in the middle of Top Shop :wave:

Off topic here, have you seen the blonde girl on the walls in top shop, she's posed on a couch? I dated that girl! What a mess....back to topic....:cry1:

Link will self-destruct very soon.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I'm in Solihull myself! I was in that store today...didn't try any heels on though :cry1:

Regards,

Spiker.

next time try some on. The staff are kinda used to it, they have a guy who works there who wears heels :wave: although be warned they will make you spend lots of money :wave:)

next time try some on. The staff are kinda used to it, they have a guy who works there who wears heels :wave: although be warned they will make you spend lots of money :cry1:)

I didn't see anything I fancied actually, not that I would have tried them on if I had. I did buy a pair from River Island in the sale, but I didn't try them on first.

Tell me about the guy that works there that wears heels, may I ask how you know this? Does he wear them in store? Can I also ask if you wear your heels in public?

iv also tried on in faith solihul and every oyher shoe shop in that town for that matter, never had a problem, think im kinda famous in solihul now, they love me there, everybody should go and try on

That sounds interesting - you're obviously local too, maybe we should have our own mini meet sometime?

I've just remembered, I did see a guy in New Look today who was fairly obviously looking for himself (same as I was). He was looking very intently, and I didn't see a partner around. I paid him no mind, and him me none either.

Amazing I'm just finding so many people in my home town of a like mind, maybe times really are a-changing!

Regards,

Spiker (Simon).

Chris100575,

Regards,

Spiker.

This time it was the one in Carlisle, but I've also been to the Gateshead Metro Centre and Manchester Trafford Centre branches and tried on in both. The staff were good in all three, but the Carlisle staff were especially friendly and were more than happy for me to try on. It was actually the assistant's suggestion that I tried on the boots!

Not surprised, anytime you see 2 or more people wearing the same attire, its looked at as some sort of "club", so imagine seeing 3+ guys all together, same place, same time, all wearing heels... No wonder you got a few sniggers.

In this case, only one of us was street-heeling.

He received most of the negative attention - mainly within the 'upmarket' shops (Moda-in-Pelle, Dune, etc.)

As well as the Top Shop episode, I got sniggered at in Dorothy Perkins when I was alone & trying on some shoeboots.

We all tried things on 'en masse' in Barratts, Schuh & all the department stores with no real reactions from anyone.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

Tell me about the guy that works there that wears heels, may I ask how you know this? Does he wear them in store? Can I also ask if you wear your heels in public?

1st time i went in assistant manager told me about him and how they are used to men wearing heels. another time i went in he served me and we were talking about how we had some of the same shoes. didn't see him in heels in the store, guess that might make some customers uncomfortable.

And yes sometimes i do

He received most of the negative attention - mainly within the 'upmarket' shops (Moda-in-Pelle, Dune, etc.)

As well as the Top Shop episode, I got sniggered at in Dorothy Perkins when I was alone & trying on some shoeboots.

We all tried things on 'en masse' in Barratts, Schuh & all the department stores with no real reactions from anyone.

Hmmmm, how seriously un-usual, and somewhat unprofessional. I'd have put them on the spot and asked them "share the joke, I could use a laugh"

Maybe the "Look down my nose at you" brigade are somewhat more sheltered from daily life then most others..

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

That would of been me wearing the heels then. Apart from the 1 girl in Selfridges I didn,t notice anyone else sniggering at me.

I've never noticed anyone else noticing when I've been trying on in shops. Here's another couple of pics, I can't believe I nearly missed out on the boots but as soon as I zipped up the first one I knew I had to have them. I love the way the light colour of the sole makes the heel stand out.

post-988-133522900433_thumb.jpg

post-988-133522900439_thumb.jpg

post-988-133522900443_thumb.jpg

Sorry to hear that. Are you saying the staff in Dune were negative towards you? I've always had great service in Dune in Oxford Street and Argylle Street.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave: