Slingback flopping

wearheels

Ok, I have the sexiest pair of 5" black/red slingbacks(see my blog) I love the way they look and feel. The sling is elastic not a strap. My question is, are they supposed to flop up and down in the back as you walk cause it kind of bugs me and walking is more difficult than in pumps and boots. I love the clap of the shoe heels hitting the floor but I don't really like the slap of my heel going up and down in the shoe with every step. I really have never even seen a woman wearing slingbacks in person. Its kinda sad, but where I live, not many women even wear nice heels. They don't know what they are missing. I prefer the secure feeling like from pumps and boots but I really love these slingbacks. Is this just the nature of slingbacks?

I love those red & black slingbacks and you're so right, they're so sexy!! One thing, do you always wear hose with them? In my experience they're more likely to slip and slide than if you have bare feet. That said, I love the sound and feel of stiletto mules or slingbacks when they flop back onto my heel and when they click on the floor.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Gorgeous heels! And yes... slingbacks can do this... especially the higher ones since your feet do slide down away from the heel. Stockings will make you slide down the hill even more. What i do is only buy slingbacks with buckles on the sling - that way I can tighten them a bit - but they still come loose a bit. Put a foot-petal pad in the toe - which acts as cushioning (which is nice) but mainly stops you sliding forward as much - and helps keep the sling on your heel. And lastly wear the highest heel possible because this will reduce the slapping effect between your foot and heel. The slipping sling is half the fun of slingbacks - they look awesome because of the extra details, they are a far more feminine shoe and you get to fiddle with them all the time, as they need constant lifting back up. You can use the opposite foot to do this - esp if you're not wearing stockings. You've got to watch you don't leave a shoe behind if you hurry accross a road or similar situation (which often arises) when you have to move quickly so you do need to have a certain fit for safety. ciao Heel-Lover

I wear slingbacks once in a while. I do like them alot. The sliding up and down takes some getting used to. What I like about slingbacks is the feeling and ease of mules but are a little more secure when walking.

I agree with Barbara. I don't have many pairs of slingbacks, but the ones I do have are strappy and slap too. I have a gorgeous 1980's Vintage pair in silver by Terry De-Haviland. They have 5" heels and are very 'slippy-slidey'!

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

Slingbacks are blistermakers. And unless a pump has a high vamp (? - the part covering the instep), they're not much better as they either crush toes trying to keep the heel on, or it slips, creating blisters. It's why I like oxfords, booties, and boots. I like sandals, too, and a lot are made well enough to prevent any improper friction. My two cents...

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.