Wacky Songs

does anyone have any wierd and wacky songs that they've collected? I've a large number that have come via Dr.Demento, Ivor Biggun, Monty Python and Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson. Cows With Guns has been upgraded to include an animation, which was fun, but I want to know if anyone has a favourite weird song they like. so, come on, don't be bashful! Let us know!

Of coure I've heard of Kevin "Bloody" Wilson I have ALL of his albums In fact Infact he comes from Kalgoorlie which is a (mainly gold) mining town (small city actually) which is 600 Km east of Perth, Western australia (where I currently reside)

he's very funny though and anyone who hasn't heard of him try http://www.wilson.com.au have heard of the cows with guns song has a few I was going to mention but I forgot what they were, later,

TXT-1

Oh yea....And my favourite Chech & Chong number was "Ear ache my eye". At least I think that's what it's called.Those early '70's are still a little hazy.

jim

How about Weird Al Yankovick?

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Old 78 rpm record from parents collection: "Mareseatotes, doeseatdotes" - Kay Kaiser, I think from the 1940's. (Mareseatoats, Doeseatoats, littlelambseativey, etc.) (Or, does your chewing gum loose it's flavor on the bed post overnight?)

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Ape Call by Nervous Norvous (sp) old 60's record

more about him at http://www.wfmu.org/LCD/19/norvus.html

Yeah love stuff by Kevin "bloody" Wilson esp. the Christmas one (hey santa claus you C**t )

Have a lot of Ivor Biggun and Judge dredd stuff too

Any one remember the Not the Nine O Clock News teamssongs I like Trucking, and the Kate Bush and Abba Parodies ?

He was so narrow minded he could see through a keyhole with both eyes.

Brown's Law: If the shoe fits, it's ugly

Where shall I start?? The FIRM - Star Trekkin' Arnee And The Terminators - I'll Be Back Monty Python - The Four Yorkshiremen (I know this isn't a song but it's hilarious anyway!) Danny John Jules (Cat from Red Dwarf) - Tongue Tied Several songs by Weird Al Yankovic Flanders And Swann - The Gnu Song Charlie Drake - My Boomerang Won't Come Back!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

Splodgenesabounds (not sure how you spell it) "Two Pints of Larger and a Packet of Crisps Please"

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Mother-In-Law Sit on my face- Black vinyl turds I'm a wanker- Ivor Biggun 'E's gotta gun, I don' need one- peggy legge (on an old 78) Circumspiral- Roundthetwist

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

I'm a big 'Weird Al' fan, but I've also discovered 'Three Dead Trolls in a Baggie' who have some wonderful songs. I also remember the Goons (my Dad's vinyl, honest) who had some top tunes, such as "I'm walking backwards for Christmas". One of my favourites is a chap called Tom Lehrer, who is or was a maths professor at Harvard. He's managed to sing the Periodic Table of the Elements, and many other ditties. I must admit to loving 'Poisoning Pidgeons in the Park', just for the title, although the song is pretty good too.

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Here's another funny Pink Floyd song, Arnold Layne.

Arnold Layne had a strange hobby

Collecting clothes

Moonshine washing line

They suit him fine...

I guess this means he goes out at night to steal (women's?) clothes that have been left out to dry, and later tries them on.

Michael

Suddenly all of these things are coming back...

Napoleon XIV They're Coming To Take Me Away, Ha Haaa

Three Stooges Three Little Fishies

Senator Bobby Wild Thing

Anything by David Seville (Ross Bagdasarian) and the Chipmunks

Michael

Two songs I heard on the University of Idaho college campus radio station (KUOI) and recorded! way back in ~1979 that I haven't heard since, and never did catch the singers' names:

Dr Jekyl's cola, and

Frosty the Dopeman which sounded a lot like Tom Lehrer, but apparently wasn't as I've never seen anything resembling it in any of his compilations.

I also like Boot to the Head by The Frantics, but that is available through Dr. Demento.

"All that you can decide, is what to do with the time that is given you."--Gandalf,

"Life is not tried, it is merely survived

-If you're standing outside the fire."--Garth Brooks

I have a copy of The Frantics - Tae Kwan Leap (Boot to the Head) as an MP3. It's hilarious!! I got a variation on the Frosty theme too, except mines Frosty the Pervert! On the same vein there's Rudolph the Deep Throat Reindeer! Madness is not an option! :wink:

• 5 months later...