How many pairs of heels have you bought this year.

LovesHiHeels

Bought about 50 pairs of which 10 were the same style but in different colours (didnt cost the earth as they worked out at about £10 each on average - the rounded toe pumps that big shoe boutique were churning out, a lovely classic style). Have sold about 30 - 40 pairs last year and will be another dozen 8 days into 2010 as my auctions will/have end/ed. Got my eye on a few more pairs to replace them :cry1:

In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king!!!

About 15 pairs so far and this forced me to finally get rid of some of my old favorites. The one good thing is that so far I wear every pair often. Even though I like to buy shoes and boots they have to be practicle enough to wear. Even some of my 6" heels are often worn out to dinner and dancing.

I have too many as it is! Seriously though, most may agree that you can never have too many. However, this year I have yet to buy any. Not to worry though, this year I'll probably average at least two or three pair per month. That's a far cry from 2007 and 2008. Believe it or not those years I averaged ten per month!

• 1 month later...

So far...not one pair. Which is beyond epic fail. However my birthday is coming up and I plan on using some of my b-day money (and extra job scratch...if I can) to buy a pair I've been eyeballing for a few weeks now. I try to make it a pair a year. So far, so good.

Scratches head...I bought 4 pairs of pumps last year and a pr of shaggy boots with heels that I've not worn yet. As if making up for last year, I've bought 3 prs of boots and 2 prs of sandals. The sad thing is that 4 of them have been kind of impulse buys. They were by my favorite designers and they were almost dirt cheap: as in a 3rd of the original price in the worst case, and a 10th of the orginal in the best. So I have a feeling there won't be too many pairs in the near future! (My resolve will probably vanish in the fall when new stuff appears!)

Philosopher:-)

You have got to find a way to be able to purchase more than one pair of heels a year. You are not having enough fun.

Cheers---

Dawn HH

Hey, I'm a jobless, college student! If you can think of a legal and sane way to score some cash for my heels, by all means let me know...I'm stuck in the Great Recession over in my hood. :blinkbigeyes::silly:

Don't worry, though. I'm a still prayin'.

Hey, Philosopher--I sympathize with your plight even though my undergraduate days are long over. Maybe you've figured out these alternatives already, but have you considered... 1. Working at the library--shelving & cataloging books (there's always a demand for shelvers at libraries because they can never catch up fast enough with those peeps who pull out whole shelves of books and leave a mess in their carrels) 2. If you write reasonably well, perhaps you can write for your college paper or local paper. Don't forget reviewers usually get press tickets. 3. Internships 4. Tutoring (something to consider if you get A's consistently in any subject area) 5. Lab assistantships These are all I could think of for now; maybe others can provide more ideas. These, especially the last 4, are a boon because not only will you be able to buy more heels, but you will also build up on your work experience: which everyone needs today in the lousy job market.

So far because of the sales! i always blame the sales! i reckon about 20 pairs poss more come to think of it! latest addition being a pair of fendi sheepskin boots via ebay today.Still should calm down a little now as i'm not into summer styles as much,butttt! apparently clog style shoes are back in fashion this year so looks like i may keep blowing a hole in my budget!!!!

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

None, until today. I just purchased four. Two aren't "heels," as they're flats, but they are women's shoes.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 8 months later...