stilettos in the snow

euchrid

I couldn't agree more. I often wear stilettos in snow or ice - in fact the steel tips I have on them cut into the ice and give me more purchase. It's not the heels that are the problem, it's the shiny leather soles that slip.

These were a request for a Member of 'Flickr'...4" 'Dietrich' White Lace Mules - by 'Hollywood Heels'.....in snow.

post-1866-133522903551_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522903536_thumb.jpg

post-1866-13352290354_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522903544_thumb.jpg

post-1866-133522903548_thumb.jpg

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

We've had some attrocious weather in the UK over the past 3-4 days.

----- far more snow than we're used to and so bad in some areas that people have been unable to get home from work & are having to cancel their xmas travel plans.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238128/Big-freeze-threat-family-Christmas-As-death-toll-hits-16-millions-warned-stay-roads-jeopardising-festive-gatherings.html

Despite this chaos, I am still seeing many women out-and-about in stilettos during the day. On Monday, I saw one woman struggling up a steep snow-covered path in her best office-wear 4" pencil heeled courts!

Saw a couple of girls yesterday walking around in stiletto heeled boots as if they were at a disco rather than in a snowstorm.

It seems a bit mad if you ask me - surely most women would welcome an opportunity like this to leave their impractical & uncomfortable footwear at home.

But it's somehow a wonderful thing to see: Their refusal to put practicalities (and risk of injury!) ahead of fashion.

So, a question to the stilettos-in-snow ladies: Why do you do it?

A question to the guys: Have you noticed this phenomena yourselves & would you risk it?

The answer to this is just as good as Why shouldn't we? Im not gona let a litlle snow stop me from wearing the shoes that i like and the only flats i own is my running shoes and they arent comfortable for more than a hour or two. So basicly the answer is just: Because we want to :blinkbigeyes: