What the heck are these?

sscotty727

Huge coincidence that you bring this up, I happened to see a guy wearing these just this past weekend and it jumped out at me as the first thing I thought was "oh cool, a guy with heels on", then I stared and stared, and thought, hrmm, ok maybe not heels... I stared perplexed at him for at least a good minute, and I still am not sure what those are supposed to do for you to be honest. It was the closest thing I have seen to a guy wearing heels in my area and I was pretty happy, even though technically, those are not heels, but perhaps if those crazy looking things catch on, it might in some way help the cause, but I really doubt it. Oops, wanted to add to my last post, that the ones I saw on this guy in person appeared to give at least a 2.5" lift (that is why I thought that guy might have heels on). The ones in the link you have do not appear to have as much lift, but perhaps it just looks that way in the picture. Not sure, but not really an attractive shoe regardless. :cry1:

Actually, it sounds like it suppose to be some kind of heath shoe. If you search for z-coil shoes (http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=z-coil+shoes&search_type=&aq=f), you will see a bunch of videos about them. I am not sure if I would wear though. Maybe if I see them out I will try it just to see what the rave it all about, but still they look strange.

I've seen a couple of people wearing this type of shoe lately. One guy looked very apprehensive wearing them. He slunk around looking back over his shoulder to see if anyone was noticing him (looking scared). Almost like some of our members would look like wearing their heels to the mall for the first time. :cry1: My reaction? I took a good long look at them. I even searched the internet trying to find something like them in order to find out what they were and all about. My opinion? I'll keep wearing my high heels, thanks. :wave:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Wow, I must live a sheltered life as I have never seen these except for the website. If you go to the original link and scroll all the way down, those boots look like heel boots and it says for women AND men. Maybe I should get a pair and get everyone use to seeing me in "heels" and slowly move to just heels. Could work.

Wow, I must live a sheltered live as I have never seen these. If you go to the original link and scroll all the way down, those boots look like heel boots and it says for women AND men. Maybe I should get a pair and get everyone use to seeing me in "heels" and slowly move to just heels. Could work.

That might be a good idea, scotty727. However, you will certainly get more notice wearing this style of shoe than you ever would wearing a nice pair of black penny loafer style shoes with 2½" wedge heels. I'd rather wear the loafers, myself.......

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

That might be a good idea, scotty727. However, you will certainly get more notice wearing this style of shoe than you ever would wearing a nice pair of black penny loafer style shoes with 2½" wedge heels. I'd rather wear the loafers, myself.......

You would be amazed at some of the wedge shoes I have worn to work. I had to stop the one shoe though cause I had swelling in my ankles. I need to lose weight and get back in shape and wear them again though.

Update: Actually, my old avatar shows the ones I used to wear at work. I bought several pairs as backup when they were in style, they don't make them anymore. Never had any issues with wearing these.

http://www.hhplace.org/avatars/sscotty727.gif

I think I have the same style as the ones in your old avatar. Aren't they from Steve Madden? I have quite a few pairs of Madden wedges and have worn them without comments for years.

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I think I have the same style as the ones in your old avatar. Aren't they from Steve Madden? I have quite a few pairs of Madden wedges and have worn them without comments for years.

Yes they are Steve Madden. The style is called Snatch. I wore one pair out and had to throw them away. I have 3 pairs left, 1 already underway to be worn and 2 new pair in reserve. I also have a pair of the boot version of them called Snitch.

Sprung heel sports shoes. It's not a new idea, the basic idea has been around since the 70s.

Indeed.

In fact, the theory of 'sprung shoes' has been around longer than that. I have a pair of Vintage 1950's Leopard mules called 'Springolators' where the inner sole, between the heel and the ball of the foot, is suspended on a built-in peice of elastic which supports the arch of your foot. It 'springs' as you walk, to cushion your step onto the stiletto heel.

It works a treat too.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"