First TINY Step Towards Public Heeling

spiker

So I took my first tiny step toward public heeling today...and when I say tiny, I mean TINY!

This is going to sound ridiculous to all you public heelers, but it's as much as I've been able to manage so far:

I had to go to the supermarket and then to get some petrol. While I didn't have the guts to wear my heels into the supermarket :wave: I put my heels on before going to the petrol station. I knew it was a pay at pump station, and thought "OK I won't have to walk ANYWHERE, just stand there and fill the tank". I thought I'd probably bottle out like I have done before, but this time I didn't. I parked with the filler cap close to the pump so I'd be hidden between the pump and the car, but that meant I had to walk round the car to get there (it's on the passenger side).

It was a great feeling standing there in my heels filling the car. A guy in a Sky TV van at the pump in front noticed my shoes as he walked round his van to the driver's side, but just had a quick look and then got into his van. I watched out of the corner of my eye to see if he watched me as he drove off but he didn't, he just drove off.

The shoes I was wearing were my New Look black glitter pumps with a 5" heel with my dark men's skinny jeans over black tights. The shoes are these ones, but in black (they don't seem to have the black ones on the site anymore).

I know this is a tiny step, but for me it was pretty big!

Thanks everyone on this site for their encouragement :cry1:

Spiker.

• Like 1

Actually, as a public heeler your story isn't "ridiculous" at all as much as a tale from my past. Years ago, I would go out late at night and one of the things I would do is fill-up my car. I did the pay at the pump thing, then I eventually worked up the courage to actually go inside the station. Then I would chat with the clerk. It would take me several times before I felt comfortable. I would go through this ritual, then stop heeling for a while, then go back to doing it. Eventually, with a lot of practice and support from HHPlace, etc. I just went for it and never looked back. The first steps in anything are always "tiny" on the outside, but pretty major your the one who is doing it. I do love the shoes that you chose. Classic pumps are always a great place to start when going out and you matched them with a pretty solid outfit. Great job and you should be most proud!

Style is built from the ground up!

Congratulations on your first time out. I had my first one three weeks ago. I met the Azshoenut at a Starbucks to discuss forming a high heel group in the Phoenix area. I wore a recently acquired pair of brown wedgie platforms with a one inch platform and five inch heels. I was rather nervous at first but I had a blast. It was so much fun sitting in Starbucks in my heels. You have to start somewhere and we both did it.

Way to go, Spiker! Each step has got to be awesome!

Congratulations on your first time out. I had my first one three weeks ago. I met the Azshoenut at a Starbucks to discuss forming a high heel group in the Phoenix area. I wore a recently acquired pair of brown wedgie platforms with a one inch platform and five inch heels. I was rather nervous at first but I had a blast. It was so much fun sitting in Starbucks in my heels. You have to start somewhere and we both did it.

And Steve sure as heck did wear his heels for coffee at Starbucks. They were an awesome pair of 5-inch wedges that went very well with his collar shirt and casual dress pants. I did not quite have the jeuvos to do it myself however it was very cool to hang out with Steve while he did. I only noticed one or two people take note and at that it was very mild. I think we were at Starbucks for like an hour and a half. Way to go Steve!

Interestingly enough it turns out that several years ago Steve and I used to work for the same large company and I recall seeing him around. For all those who wonder who else might be wearing heels I used to walk right through his work area several times a week without a clue. Makes me wonder who I see regularly now that privately wears heels.

Later,

Larry

Life is short...  Wear the bleeping shoes!

spiker, it's great that you finally were able to wear your heels outside. I'm sure you can attest it's a much different experience from wearing them only inside. One suggestion I'd make is that you consider starting out in a lower heel. There's something to be said in being able to go out in "women's heels" without that feel if being seem in them (there's no easy way to hide a 5" stilletto heel). I've regularly recommended to start in a 2" or less chunky heel, which gives you some lift, but really doesn't look feminine. Once you can go out in them with some degree of comfort, then you can start to move up higher and thinner. Good luck with future outings.

Thanks guys, the strange thing is, when I went out I was so scared that someone would see me. But without a doubt the best bit was when the guy walking back to his van DID see me. I didn't feel at all embarrassed, and from that point on, I felt much more comfortable, and even slightly proud :cry1:

One suggestion I'd make is that you consider starting out in a lower heel. There's something to be said in being able to go out in "women's heels" without that feel if being seem in them (there's no easy way to hide a 5" stilletto heel). I've regularly recommended to start in a 2" or less chunky heel, which gives you some lift, but really doesn't look feminine.

Yes, I probably should buy some more discrete heels, I just can't seem to get interested in them. The one thing I was proud of, is that even though it was a tiny step, they were very obviously women's shoes, and they weren't hidden at all under my skinny jeans.

Thanks for all the support again, you guys are amazing!

Spiker.

Spiker: As that old saying goes, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step". And now that you've taken yours, your journey into a wider world has just begun. Congratulations on your first outing. Like everyone else here, we all had to begin somewhere, so your story mirrored many of our initial experiences when we ventured out in public wearing heels for the very first time. Now that you've enjoyed that first taste of public heeling, I'm sure you'll be hungry for more.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

You really should come to the World Heel Meet. We'll have you whizzing round the shops in no time!

Dr Shoe,

I'd like to, and Knee Highs sent me a PM last year inviting me to the one in London. The problem is my fiancée is very much a "behind closed doors" kind of person. This means I either have to go against her, or lie to her - neither of which appeal to me :cry1:

Thanks for your support!

Spiker.

Congratulations on your 1st outting. Here's to many more!! I started very much like you, now I go out for the day around London or the South East in high heels and really enjoy myself in doing so. The more you do it, the more confident you'll become. Well done again Of, and forgot to say, I lurve your shoes ;o)

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

Well done! Ridiculous it is not, similar sort of way i made my first public heeling, though now can't remember quite where. You'll soon discover that once you've become a little more confident, many people either don't notice or if they do, will probably just pass on by. It's a great feeling when you get someone who notices and smiles or actually makes a positive comment. I've not yet had an adverse comment but I don't do it often and only in areas I'm sure I'm going to be "safe". Personally my next step, if you pardon the pun, is to go out in public dressed up in heels, a corset and nylons. Looks like it'll probably be Manchester's Village on a fetish night. Richard

Spiker:-) Now you know for sure that the stories you have read here are absolutely true and that the charactors are not ficticious, but real heelers just like yourself and have taken tiny steps to start just like you. Now that you have experienced that first tiny step, and found the great fun and feelings involved, you will want to duplicate that event more often and expand on the idea of public heeling. Congrats, my friend. Go for it and advance your joys just as we all have done in the past. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Lamme:-) Mickey always went streetheelng with me, but then again we were both taking care of our daily shopping chores, eating out, taking in a movie, visiting, etc., etc, etc. It is always good to have someoe with you that you trust and can enjoy their company doing things together. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Spiker: As that old saying goes, "A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step". And now that you've taken yours, your journey into a wider world has just begun. Congratulations on your first outing. Like everyone else here, we all had to begin somewhere, so your story mirrored many of our initial experiences when we ventured out in public wearing heels for the very first time. Now that you've enjoyed that first taste of public heeling, I'm sure you'll be hungry for more.

To follow up with everything Jeff said which I agree with whole heartedly, this is similar to how many of us started heeling in public. And I'll bet anything you are ready to go out again and go a little bit farther next time. Congratulations and good luck on future outings.

• 4 weeks later...

OK so I took my next TINY step in public heeling yesterday...I had to visit town for some perfume for my SO's birthday, and also because I wanted to pay a visit to the new Kurt Geiger store that's opened in town. I had to wait until after work, so it was getting dark, but not full dark yet. I packed my New Look 5" heels from before into a Jane Norman bag so it looked like I'd just bought something from there and headed in to do my shopping. I knew I didn't yet have the courage to go around the mall wearing my heels, but I wanted to try around the streets in the centre of town. I did my shopping (perfume and a card for her, and a pair of Carvela Alert for me!), and wanted to walk back to the car park in my heels, but when I got to the point when I wanted to change into them, I had forgotten that it was right by all the bus stops. So at this time of night it was packed with people making their way home from work. So disappointed I walked on, then I reached a corner that was very quiet, and kind of secluded by a big tree. I stopped like I was waiting for someone and slipped into my shoes (my men's shoes were slip on too, and I was wearing tights under my jeans so it was very easy to do casually). No sooner had I put my shoes on than two oriental ladies (I couldn't decide whether they were Chinese or Japanese, no offence to anyone) came and asked me for directions to a Bed & Breakfast in town. Unfortunately I wasn't much help as I couldn't think of anything other than hotels in the centre, but we stood talking for a couple of minutes - all the while I was wearing my heels (I don't think they noticed though). Slightly encouraged by this I decided I could walk back to the car in my heels, it was only what you'd call a block or so in the US, but it was a start. So I walked back towards the car, the road was pretty quiet but there were a few people on the other side. Then a lady approached me on my side of the road and I thought "Here we go, here's where I get my first funny look" and even with my heels making a very obvious clip clop sound, she walked right by me and didn't even flinch! So I arrived back at the car (it was right inside the entrance) and placed my bags in the boot and I thought "I've got a bit of time, I'll go out for a bit longer". So I walked back out of the car park, but this time without my mens shoes in my bag and walked back down the road from where I'd come. Unfortunately I lost my courage a little bit as I thought I saw some guys standing outside the local pub checking me out, so I turned back about half way. I did then decide I could walk across the very well lit car park and pay for my ticket though :blinkbigeyes: All in all, a lot of fuss over a very little outing. But it's a start. Sorry for the long post, you know how it is - got caught up in the moment! Spiker.

spiker

sounds like you are now enjoying this hobby of yours!

its very addictive! did you get the kg (carvela) alert in the sales? they look really cool

bladrerunner,

I did, I got the black patent yesterday, but I already had the teal suede from eBay. Strangely the patent are a lot tighter than the suede - I guess the material's less forgiving!

Spiker.

Spiker:-) You are right. The suede material is more supple than the patent material which would give you a tighter fit. Suede breaks in almost immediately where patent takes a bit longer. Your patents will eventually form fit to your feet. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Glad to hear you are still making progress. No need to rush, just do a little more each time and eventually you won't even think about it, well at least you won't think about it much. The only timetable is your own and how far you are willing to go is up to you. You should be proud.

Style is built from the ground up!

Well done spiker :pulsingheart: your posts remind me of err mine :happy: . I did some heeling abit like yours a while back when i had to take a car up north then catch the train back. I took my heels and wore them around stafford for a while ( the heels in my pic maybe not the best ones to take along ) all was going well till this guy crossed the road and asked me for a light..... to be honest i dont think he saw or even cared but i took my heels off after and just went back to wait for my train. Anyway once more well done my friend keep it up :blinkbigeyes:

• 3 months later...

OK, so I'm staying in New York for a few days, and as always I brought some heels with me. I had wanted to wear them out at night, but with my fiancée even more self conscious about drawing attention than I am, I don't think that was ever going to happen. My conclusion is that I have to be comfortable myself, before going out with my other half. So our hotel has a communal living area that you can go and help yourself to coffee any time. It's become our routine that I'll go and get the coffee in the mornings while my better half takes a shower. I decided it would be good to try this in heels, the entire hotel is luxuriously carpeted (even the lifts) so there'll be no noise which makes it a bit easier. The first day I bottled it, and went back to room to change. The second day however, I did manage it. I wore straight leg jeans that hid most of the shoes, but the fact that there was hardly any toe showing from under the jeans also draws attention I think. I had to share a lift (elevator) with a couple, and I'm pretty sure the guy noticed. I had to get off first, so I was very aware that he'd be watching me walk away. I was shaking like a leaf - so much so that it was hard to pour the coffee! I managed it again the next day, and still the shakes continued, this time I don't think anyone noticed but I was still shaking just as bad. Spiker.

When I have my girly boots on and looking down at the toe box sticking out from under my girly jeans I think, "Darn! Don't they look fine on my feet and they feel so good too". And then if you get to view them from the side in a window or mirror, that just can't be beat, and to know that they are on YOUR feet. Nothing finer than that I think. Cheers--- Dawn HH

Thanks DawnHH. That's exactly my point, maybe it's just me, or just us here at least, but when I look at myself in heels, or in heels and a skirt, I genuinely think I look GOOD. It's only social bias that says otherwise. Regards, Spiker.