An Interesting Experience

Jay1

As some of you may know, I play in a rock band and last saturday we did a gig just outside Wolverhampton, UK. When I am on stage with the band I wear leather trousers and a pair of black ankle boots with a 2.5 inch block heel. I have been wearing these to gigs for the last six months and no-one had batted an eyelid until last saturday! Just as I was about to go on stage for the encore at the end of the night, a guy who had been watching us all night said to me, "I bet you're 3 foot 6 without those heels on...!" This was the first time that anyone had ever mentioned my heels to me so I was a little taken a-back for a second but I replied with, "I'm a rock musician and it's part of the uniform!" I know this might seem a little insignificant to all those of you folks on here that have worn heels in public for a while but I just wanted to post this to show the more nervous of you (including me!!) that wearing heels in public CAN be done and is also extremely enjoyable! Incidentally, the guy in question just laughed at me and gave me a thumbs up! Thanks for reading!! Jay P.S. Special thanks to Yamyam for giving me the inspiration to post this story on the board! Ta very much-like!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

The one time somebody confronted to the fact that I wear high heels, my response was "Oh come on!!! I can't let all the girls have all the fun!!" That shut them up. :wink:

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

P.S. Special thanks to Yamyam for giving me the inspiration to post this story on the board! Ta very much-like!

You're welcome! Always glad to help!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Interesting you should say that, Francis! I am both at the same time; I am a rock musician and also my real name is actually Joe!!!

"If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything..." - Dr Emmet L Brown - 1985

David Bowie, Prince, The Cramps, The New York Dolls, Jay1 (Joe) with his band, who knows more musicians?

Do you have pictures of your band Joe?

Kiss, Mott the Hoople (I guess I'm dating myself), Alice Cooper. I'm not sure about Marc Bolan (T Rex) wearing high heels, but I've seen him in flat maryjanes.

Michael

LOL No my surname isn't Public! I'm thinking about seeing if I can get away with wearing my favorite pair of ankle boots. Currently, I wear boots with 2.5 inch block heels and I would love to wear my other pair of boots that have a 4 inch stiletto heel. I suppose that would be in keeping with all of the musical luminaries that have been mentioned, just not sure whether I'm brave enough!

I'm old enough to remember the Beatles wearing block heels. And although they were considered to be high, they were probably around 1" - 2" in height.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to wear my other pair of boots that have a 4 inch stiletto heel

Go for it Joe and start a very nice new trend :wink: and any chance we can see some pics of that event when it happens?

Let calm be widespread

May the sea glisten like greenstone

And the shimmer of summer

Dance across your pathway

"Communication is a two way thing"

Of course I will Julie! Just as soon as I figure out what I am going to say to the rest of the guys in the band, not to mention the punters! I have been wearing those stiletto boots more and more often now! I spent virtually the whole day yesterday wearing them out and about including my local shopping mall and Asda as well! I didn't get any comments at all even though you could hear me a mile off with my metal heels!

I spent virtually the whole day yesterday wearing them out and about including my local shopping mall and Asda as well! I didn't get any comments at all even though you could hear me a mile off with my metal heels!

THAT'S THE WAY - AHA, AHA - I LIKE IT ...

Do you remember Nancy Sinatra's old song

THESE BOOT'S ARE MADE FOR WALKING ...?

And PRINCE in concert on high heels? Or the boys of SIG SIG SPUTNIK with extreme stilettos? Or ABBA on platform boots?

You are expecting a brilliant carreer on heels :wink:

WATERLOO ...

shoebeedoo doitbeedoo, doitbeedoo ... :drinking:

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

LOL No my surname isn't Public! I'm thinking about seeing if I can get away with wearing my favorite pair of ankle boots. Currently, I wear boots with 2.5 inch block heels and I would love to wear my other pair of boots that have a 4 inch stiletto heel. I suppose that would be in keeping with all of the musical luminaries that have been mentioned, just not sure whether I'm brave enough!

Just as long as you're not the drummer, then you could do stilettos easily! I've drummed in heels before. It's do-able, and sometimes I prefer it to drumming in flats. Higher heels are better than low heels on that one. But I was wearing block heels with rubbery soles, not stilettos with little grip... so if you drum in stilettos, expect your feet to slip off the pedals and some torn drum skins! I don't think Evans or Remo drum heads come with any stiletto protection!

And if you're a guitarist/bassist... make sure you're using Boss pedals as they can take anything... including stilettos (not that I've tried, but I know they would!)

SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Hi SH I am the bass player and I don't use any pedals as yet, but I wouldn't mind a BOSS bass chorus! I am also a drummer and I have tried playing drums in stilettos! When I lived with my folks when they went out I would put my stilettos on and have a go at playing drums. You're right about the grip, or lack of it! My shoes were sliding all over the pedals so I quickly gave that up! The angle of the foot I found was better for playing though!

I use a standard EQ (Boss GE-7) and volume pedal when I'm playing acoustic or bass - I find that's all I need. If I'm playing electric I'll add an overdrive (Boss yellow job - can't remember the model number!) I too found that when drumming you get a better angle on the pedals when wearing heels. Only trouble being that it's harder to play heel up on the bass pedal with heels. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!