Hairy Toes?

blackberry

Do you shave the hair on your feet?  

88 members have voted

1. 1. Do you shave the hair on your feet?

• Yes
    • No
    • Occasionally

Hairless is the only way to go. Jewellery will look better on smooth skin. Pedicure will look better, and open toed shoes or sandals you feet (and legs) need to be silky smooth. I get my toes waxed when my legs get waxed, and the hair now grows much much slower. cheers Heel-Lover

I shave mine every 2 weeks at least as hairless looks so much better when wearing strappy sandals or any other shoe which has the foot on display. It also helps when trying high heels on in a shoe shop. Men with well cared for feet I think are treated a little better when trying on shoes. Also, always wear knee highs / pop sox when going out. Again, this shows the shop assistant you're in touch with who you are and what you want to wear.

It's my opinion, no more, no less :wave:

I've been shaving the hair on my feet for years. Even though I no longer shave my legs, I find that when I put my socks on it pushes the hair back on itself and it becomes really uncomfortable. The hair on my toes isn't so bad, but on the tops of my feet really hurts if I don't shave it off. I do my toes when I shave the rest off though.

Hairy Toes on ANYONE MALE or FEMALE are just gross!! Most women shave the hair on their toes. Yes, a lot of women have hair on their toes so it is not just limited to men. My manicurist told me this.

Jamie :)

Fashion Freedom for Men!!

A friend of mine who grew up with diabetes passed along the following bit of trivia from his endocrinologist: Even if lack of hair doesn't indicate a lack of good circulation in the feet, hair on the tops of the toes do indicate good circulation there. Having a family history of diabetes, the rest of the hair on my feet may go, but those little follicles on the tops of the toes are my reassurance that I still have decent circulation down there.

A friend of mine who grew up with diabetes passed along the following bit of trivia from his endocrinologist:

Even if lack of hair doesn't indicate a lack of good circulation in the feet, hair on the tops of the toes do indicate good circulation there.

This is interesting trivia. In my case it's a general lack of body hair. Could never even grow a beard, would look like a teen trying to look older if it weren't for the few grey ones that I now have. If the couple that my big toes have (so I slightly exaggerated earlier) disappear, I'll keep this in mind.

• 2 weeks later...

Harry Towes! Wasn't he the short stop on the 1958 Baltimore Orioles baseball team?:cry1:

No, Luis Aparicio played shortstop. Harry Towes played left field.

P.S. I have never shaved the hair off of the top of my toes. Until this post, I never paid that much attention to it and there isn't much hair there and it is very fine.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I do, ankles down. I've tried Nair, but it's poor. Sometimes I shave, other times I simply pluck with tweezers while watching a movie. I've waxed, too. It's a sandal thing - hair and sandals don't mix!

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

Have been doing a combination of shaving, epilating, and using veet for about 2 years now over most of my body (of course including the feet). Its funny when I first started doing it, the first couple of months, I think my body hair went into shock, it grew back extremely fast, even after epilating. The longest I could go back then was two days before I needed to do hair removal again. However, I think over time, I have finally beat my body hair into submission. It now seems to grow much more slowly and less thick. I can go about a week before needing to shave again, and that is all I am doing is shaving now. Not sure how that happened, but I am much happier now, maybe the epilating and veet combination killed off some of my hair follicles? lol :smile:

Well now, to tell the truth, I have very little hair on my feet to speak of-so little of it that it hardly counts or is not visibly noticed by me.:smile:

• 5 months later...

Well, I used to shave but now I just pluck the hairs out with tweezers. No stubble grows back like with shaving. When the hairs do grow back, they seem to be finer in texture. Plucking takes a bit more time, but you only have to do it every 3 to 4 weeks - for me at least. One thing for sure, if you are going to wear womens sandals like I do - all the time - your feet should look nice. After plucking, I have a pedicure and finish with a glossy clear coat. It's fun!!! sf

"Why should girls have all the fun!!"

Perfectly bare is non-negotiable. You just have to put the effort in, esp if you are going bare legged/ bare footed. As ManinPumps said hair and stubble sticking through stockings looks terrible and feels horrible. Stockings are fantastic with perfectly hairless legs, they just glide and slide with you, any stubble or hair and they catch - especially around your knees. Very sheer no-stretch fitted stockings with plain welts paired with a suspender belt is so superbly comfortable, so much so that when worn with perfectly groomed legs you wouldn't even know you had them all on. The best thing about keeping your legs maintained is that women appreciate the effort. I have yet to meet a woman that was not approving of smooth legs on a guy. Cheers Heel-Lover

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, got rid of the hairs on my feet and that's much better now. I don't like completely shaved/waxed legs on me, cause i have such super pale skin and i usally don't wear (long) stockings, just knee high ones, so i keep my lower leg smooth. From about the upper part of my calves i just shorten them. A proposal from my girlfriend, cause i have lots of hair and they messed up all the socks etc when too long (get ripped off and loose them). So i think i keep it as that.

I remove the hair from my legs and feet with Nair once a week. I also shave my hands, arms, chest, and underarms every 3 days. With the hot weather in the Dallas Texas area I find that I have much less body odor with the hair removed.