Platform clogs anyone?

trickrider

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Left to right:

• Ariat brand from Zappos, about $80. These are leather with a soft, slightly flexible sole. Every time I put them on, my feet sigh with relief at the smooth, soft inside. Heel: 3 inches, sole: 1 1/4.
  • l.e.i., a Wal-Mart house brand, $15. They originally had a moccasin style fringe which I didn't like, so I cut it off. They feel OK standing and walking, but they wouldn't be my first choice for a day on my feet. Heel: 4 3/4, sole: 1 1/4.
  • Olsenboye, "Exclusively at J.C. Penney," $40. Arrived yesterday and I really like wearing them. They've already pumped gas and been to the supermarket. 100% man made, and reasonably comfortable and walkable. Heel: 4 1/2, sole: 1 1/2.

post-44-133522921225_thumb.jpg

post-44-133522921235_thumb.jpg

post-44-13352292124_thumb.jpg

Great choices. I like all three. Clogs look so good on a guy. They're unisex and fun to wear. With boot cut jeans and slacks, they are hardly noticed to be out of the ordinary. I love clogs. Thanks for posting! Steve

C'mon, Trolldeg, quit being negative! Maybe you were only joking, I dunno, because it's impossible to read your body language in print, but if you don't like someone else's preferences, don't be such a critic. We all have different tastes and that's what makes this forum interesting. Please be tolerant of others who don't agree with your taste. Thanks! Steve PS. Besides, clogs are a Swedish thing. I own a pair and they are great! You ought to be proud of your country's contribution to high heels, even if they aren't your particular cup of akvavit!

• 2 weeks later...

I have always loved them myself, and am always looking to find more. I have a few styles, pictured below:

Jay - I really like those clogs in the first picture - what brand/model are those, and where can I find them?

I want to find some clogs with heels and those look masculine enough that nobody would suspect that they're womens' shoes.

Left to right:

• Ariat brand from Zappos, about $80. These are leather with a soft, slightly flexible sole. Every time I put them on, my feet sigh with relief at the smooth, soft inside. Heel: 3 inches, sole: 1 1/4.
  • l.e.i., a Wal-Mart house brand, $15. They originally had a moccasin style fringe which I didn't like, so I cut it off. They feel OK standing and walking, but they wouldn't be my first choice for a day on my feet. Heel: 4 3/4, sole: 1 1/4.
  • Olsenboye, "Exclusively at J.C. Penney," $40. Arrived yesterday and I really like wearing them. They've already pumped gas and been to the supermarket. 100% man made, and reasonably comfortable and walkable. Heel: 4 1/2, sole: 1 1/2.

Great clogs! I luv the Olsonboye and the L.e.i. are too cute! That has always been one of my fav brands. I am so glad clogs are in style again!

• 1 month later...