Platform clogs anyone?

trickrider

Although I like a lot of different styles, one of my favorites that actually work pretty good for public wear are platform clogs. I own a number of styles by Mia, London Underground, etc. with the favorite ones having heavy wooden soles and heels. Some have a lug sole too. What's nice about these styles is that with jeans they pass for a boot and the chunky soles really aren't necessarily feminine. It's a style I have loved to see on women ever since being a teenager in the late 70's early 80's, but I like it for myself as well and fortunate for me, my feet are small enough to pick up pairs on ebay for cheap. I have worn these types of clogs publicly on numerous occasions with no ill effect although they're really not all that high in the 3" range. Anyone else into this style?

I am with you there. I love clogs/mules - they are my favorite style. It's easy to slip them on and off, and in a backless shoe like that, I can wear a US woman's size 11, for which there are a lot more choices than in a 12. I have acquired most of my shoes on ebay at greatly discounted prices, cheap enough that if they don't fit, I can resell them at very little loss. My current favorites are Clark's Octavia. They have a 1/2 inch platform and a 3 inch tapered heel. I've never gotten any looks or questions. I have worn them everywhere, in front of friends and family. The funniest experience was last summer when I wore them to a neighbor's party, and another female neighbor there wore the same shoes. They all thought it was such a hoot. Nobody asked if I was wearing women's shoes. I had a great time at that party. Clogs are great with boot cut jeans or pants. They're unisex in appearance, I feel totally confident wearing them, and I enjoy the fact that I'm wearing high heels. Steve

I also like to wear clogs and mules. I have several pairs. I also have a couple pairs that are open toes for summer wear, with shorts and capri length jeans and pants. I purchased them several years ago from the Naturalizer store. They have 2-1/2 inch block heels which I have no problem wearing. In fact my wife has the same styles which we often wear together.

Clogs are fun, I have used a couple of pairs in the summer and more around the house. I too have a size 11 and am happy to find pairs online. I really liked a pair of Cordani which do not always come in size 11 but but are available sometimes. Will look at the other brands you mentioned Trickrider. They go well with jeans or Khakis for sure. Mules I am less a fan of but maybe Ihave not found the right ones yet. I'll keep looking! Mtnsofheels

Another clog lover here too! I love a nice wooden sole, platform high heel clog. Actually I like most any type of clogs and have several pair that I wear. They're great "unisex" shoes. Comfortable, convenient to slip on, what's not to like?

I have been a devoted clog fan for many years since I first saw them in the early 70's. I have many styles including the wooden Swedish ones. Except for a couple pairs of wooden clogs, all of the others are ladies styles. As I write this I'm wearing a pair of Rocket Dog's called "Fuzzy" which is appropriate right now here in the cold Northeast US. I have many other styles in my collection and I just ordered a pair of J-41 "Grand" that are a mary-jane style clog. Can't wait for them to arrive. I have another pair of J-41 backless clogs that are incredible. Be careful though they run a bit small. Glad to see the clog enthusiasts in here too. I could live in clogs!!!

If the shoe fits-buy it!!!!!!

I like clogs, too. That's why I chose the name "Sabotalot". I wore them everywhere, and will be doing so again, once this sore knee gets better. Meanwhile, I'm in the "Snickers" mode. Bob and Ray gave out "Snickers" to various game-show contestants in one of their clever tv skits in the 1980's. ("What size Snickers do you wear, ma'am?")

I have a pair I got several years ago from Payless. They look like running shoes, but they have a slight wedge heel and are clog type shoes. I will try to post a pic when I get a chance. I like the freedom of wearing a clog and being able to slide your foot in and out as you sit and work.

here is another pair i wear around the house as slippers. Once in a while i will venture outside in them (such as: To get something from the car, take out the trash to the curb, change a lightbulb, even answer the door for deliveries)

ok !

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

Yep,another clog fan here as well! My absolute favs are a pair of miu miu 5'' wooden heel brown suede and lined in sheepskin,they are my 'everyday' home shoes.On the look out all the time,just got 2 pairs of clog style boots as well.Must try get some time for a few pics. oh also got a similar pair to the miu miu but lower at 4''.

I just love those suede heels!!!!!

Many years ago I had a pair of high heeled clogs with a three inch wooden heel. I wore them around the house like hose shoes. I got rid of them right before I got married. I am sorry I got rid of them.

Posted Image

This is exactly like the pair I used to own that I described in the above post. Again, I am sorry I got rid of them.

I also have these clogs I bought several years ago, except I colored them solid black. I use them only in the bathroom in the mornings as the wife isn't too found of me wearing them around the house with the girls.

I really like those! Nice choice.

these are from schuh

I bought a pair of these from RocketDog.co.uk. Took them three attempts to send the correct size, but finally I got a pair of size 8UK. They are fairly close fitting but very comfortable and warm, and I think will give slightly with wear.

• 2 months later...