Xaphod's collection

Whoa....I had almost forgotten the Farra Fawcett hair. As for the lime green boots. :wink: Now that would've been something to behold my friend! Thanks for posting these delightfully retro adds Xapod,I don't often see them. May be you have a secrete stash of old Family Circle and Woman’s Day hidden away somewhere? I know most of my fashion mags only last a few months then end up on the bottom of the bird cage. lol

Great adverts! Shows how times have changed, I think. And Xaphod, I'm glad to see you've got over your "trying to be normal" thing, and are enjoying your true nature!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

Elegant woman Xapod.I've always liked style and this woman has it for sure. I'm often amazed at how many woman, and guys for that matter,who when traveling look like slobs.

At risk of going for picture overload, here's an ad for city slickers driving 4wds.

BTW, I normally scare the Chelsea set on the rare occasions I take my 4wd up to London ..... mine has a 6 month covering of s**t !

Strange, when I aim for them, they get out of the way !

Posted Image

Xa

• 3 months later...

There's been a dearth of pics lately, so I thought I would give you something to drool over.

Posted Image

Roger and Sarah Adams were making shoes in the early to late 80s in Brighton. Afficianados will recognise the range as 'very similar' to that of London Leatherworks.

Xa

• 5 months later...

bounce Regretably, R&S have been defunct for a very long time. I have one of their original catalogues. Strangely how the 'type numbers' of the shoes (eg KB505LP) seem to be very similar to Imagine (also defunct) and Leatherworks who are still in business. Xa

• 6 months later...

OK, the fun starts here.

Posted Image

Posted Image

These are the triangular heels on the Spiky Sachas, the ones with the red lining. The metal tip is my modification .... boy, are these noisy ... heh heh.

Posted Image

Xa

I thought the pink flamers would stir up a little frisson. They're associated with someone quite famous. I'll keep you in suspense to see if the afficianados can find out who. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Bert .... yes, I buy off the shelf. The problem is trying to be selective in my purchases; being size 39 EU, 6UK or 8US womens I have the choice of the whole shop. Xa

I thought the pink flamers would stir up a little frisson.

They're associated with someone quite famous. I'll keep you in suspense to see if the afficianados can find out who.

I'm not one of them, but still wouldn't mind hearing the story :D

Bert .... yes, I buy off the shelf. The problem is trying to be selective in my purchases; being size 39 EU, 6UK or 8US womens I have the choice of the whole shop.

Well... that sound more like a luxury problem :)

I kind of envy you for that, to say the least ....

Bert

What's all the fuss about?

Hi, Jim, They certainly wern't cheap, but every now and again I splurge on something 'at the edge of the envelope'. I wore them to various fetish events in London in the mid 90s, but few people were interested in just footwear. I had some interesting conversations, but many of the people at these events were very surprised that heels did it for me every time and, so far as the rubber/bondage/spanking was concerned, I wasn't too fussed. Xa

Had a tidy up a while back and put the 'working shoes' back on the rack.

Most of these I wear every week (not so much the boots, as the weather has turned warm again). Even the 5.5" stils (at the bottom) did a short shopping run under long-ish pants a few weeks back.

Posted Image

Xa

• 4 weeks later...

The Aldo Collection

Posted Image

I have been getting bored with boring black. These are all from Aldo.

The red-ish boots on the left are actually somewhat more of a burgundy colour than you see here.

I have chosen them to co-ordinate with the tie (on the box) and my Gladstone bag, the top of which you can just see in shot.

Xa

I think your "Aldos" are great.I especialy like the tall boots on the far right. :D You've got the boots,the tie and the bag....but what trousers and shirt are you going to team them up with Xa.?? jim

Funny you should ask, Jim.

The boots on the far right had a 'run' yesterday. I wore a tan shirt from 'Gap' which matched the boots, a denim skirt, and the trademark long leather coat.

I've sortof fallen in love with the skirt, fairly lightweight which means it is comfortable in Summer with courts, but fine with boots as the weather is getting a little cooler.

If the Bristol meet guys get around to posting the pics, you will see what I mean.

Xa

PS .... Bert .... yep, I quite like the blood reds and the light chestnut browns. save us from the black tyranny

Yes, Jim, I'm pushing the envelope a bit, but if you are going to get laughed at when the proles see you have a pair of heels with normal male clothes, then you might as well go the whole hog and dress as you like. You might be interested in something I tried out, a variation on the 'all black look. Black T shirt, black leather trousers, but with the red Aldo boots from the above pic. Instead of hiding the boots, the colour was the thing that screamed 'look here'. I'm working out whether this 'works' or not still. Xa

• 8 months later...

Ouch, I have some tidying up to do.

I'll repair the links soon, but to be getting on with ....

Sometime before the hack, one of the board members remarked on my 1980 'tube' pull-on boots which I bought in a thrift shop in 1992 .... well, a couple of days ago, in another thrift shop, I FOUND AN IDENTICAL PAIR !

Posted Image

They havn't been worn that much, but I think that the woman who had them wasn't very good with heels, because the tips were pretty bad.

I replaced them, but the old tips were glued directly to the nylon heel moulding with some special glue. After a short time the polyurethane glue I used came adrift from the nylon. Any ideas for a decent glue ????

Once I get this sorted, I'll be on cloud nine.

Xa

Ouch, I have some tidying up to do.

Any ideas for a decent glue ????

Once I get this sorted, I'll be on cloud nine.

Xa

Most of the good glue for sniffing has been taken off of the shelves nowadays, or am I getting the wrong end of the stick here? :P

Nigel.

The angels have the phonebox.

I have used this stuff with good results, it's bonds to many things including rubber to nylon or plastic to nylon heels. Just make sure you ruff up both services before applying the glue and don't wipe all the dust off from the parts it seems to help with the bonding.

http://www.balsapr.com/catalog/mainCatalog/glueView.asp?ProductId=S915023

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!