Second hand shoes are more interesting

David59

I have a feeling that second hand women's shoes are more interesting than new ones. What do you think?

I don't think so.........:cry1:

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

I have a feeling that second hand women's shoes are more interesting than new ones. What do you think?

Interesting question. It's very much a matter of personal taste - but I think that many of the new High Street trends are hideous and are simply in the shops to make money - but then, that's what fashion is about. Money over style in many instances.

I buy a lot of Vintage shoes and boots. I prefer Classic styles - short pointed toes and high, sculpted spike stiletto heels. I find myself going back to the eras of the late 1960's, late-'70's and early to mid-'80's again and again.

Of course there are many manufacturers who still produce superb shoes using classic style elements - but in the main they are either only available online or unbelievably expensive 'designer' brands such as Prada, Louboutin, Chanel, Blahnik and Lorenzi to name but a few. Even second-hand these names fetch ridiculous prices sometimes.

However - if you look around you can still find pretty heels new - Brands such as Anne Michelle, Cassandra, PamboSexyShoes, Carvela, Steve Madden, Michael Kaplan (Hollywood Heels and The Highest Heel), Michael Antonio, Delicious - plus of course the old favourites such as Pleasers, Ellie, La-Piazza, Italian Heels, Erika Hosoiri's Brazilian Orchid - which is back online after a break, Heels and More and 6InchHeelsForever...and on the UK High Street names such as Faith/Solo, Asos, BluShoes, Oasis etc

Having said that - I will opt to buy secondhand if it means finding a shoe that suits my style and fits correctly and comfortably. Breaking in modern shoes can be a painful process with materials like PU and PVC leather these days.

"Good Girls keep diaries....Bad Girls just don't have the time...!:icon_twisted:"

That all depends on whether you find them more interesting because there's a wider availability than what's in the shops at the moment and you might pick up on something you've missed, or whether you like the fact that they've been worn. I've bought quite a few second hand pairs simply because they've either no longer been available or they've been a good price, but only ones that are in good condition and phrases like "hardly worn" or "only tried on" help. So far I've not been disappointed and they've been in good clean condition, some of them have looked new. If it's because you like the fact that they've been worn, it's not a discussion for here but I will say this: look how many male members we have that wear heels, there's no guarantee that they've been worn by a woman.

Nah, not to me they're not.

Possession of a brand new pair of expensive shoes/boots gives me a modest 'high' and a 'pride of ownership' feeling - presumably the same sort of emotions that shoe-fanatic women get.

Buying a used pair doesn't produce that feeling at all - quite the opposite.

Always High-Heel Responsibly

I do find second hand shoes to be interesting since I prefer vintage 80's style boots. Second hand boots were easier to buy for me, at least my purchases were confidential. As of this moment I have yet to buy a pair of boots at a shoe store, mostly because the current styles do not appeal to me. My first pair of vintage high heel boots and my current pair were both purchased second hand. The first pair was purchased at a resale store (in and out with no questions asked), all my other pairs of knee high, high heel boots were purchased on Ebay. Buying boots online has helped me to keep my purchases confidential. On a side note my only new pair of boots was ordered online, I bought Ellie #8868, black thigh high boots with 4" stiletto heels.

I quite agree with Saxone that you can find new unworn heels in the second hand stores. I have done it quite a few times through the years and been quite satisfied with the newness and fit and comfort. On a side note---When Mickey found out that she would never again be able to wear heels again, we called a friend that delivers items to a second hand store quite frequently to come and pick up some items that we no longer needed or could use. Some of those items were 36 brand new pairs of high heels in various colors and styles that Mickey never had on her feet only to try them on. He was glad to do this for us and the owner of the second hand store was very excited to get them. We have no way of knowing how far those 36 pairs were spread out from that store, but we can be sure that no heel wearing men would have bought them for themselves. You see, they all were size 5M heels Cheers--- Dawn HH.

High Heeled Boots Forever!

I like to shop secondhand and consignment stores alot. Its like a treasure hunt,sometimes you find really great stuff and sometimes you go home empty handed. What I like is finding a pair of really nice heels,still in great shape but just broken in enough to be very comfortable.And you can shop for clothes too.