High heeled clogs for guys

micha

I remember a discussion about clogs but I can't find the thread anymore. Today I found by accident an interesting link:

http://www.fusaro.de

A company specialized in clogs. A lot of nice standard models. But look at the models of "Angelo Clogs". There you'll find clogs with 4'' heels in every male size (up to EU 48 sizes).

Only two example:

Posted Image

Posted Image

In my opinion they are expensive (typical prices about 100 EUR rsp. US$)and I have no own experience with orders. Nevertheless interesting as male summer footwear!

micha

The best fashion is your own fashion!

We must be on the same wave length here. I was looking for some for my self. The only pair I got are form Payless last year.

Posted Image

But I am not finding any thing any where close to what I have now. I actulay looking for someting higher, but not in a plat.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

Wow! An interesting link which I have never seen before. The idea of building your own high heeled clogs is fascinating. Absolutely low-priced but guaranteed very time consuming! I made already some home work myself: I exchanged the heels of my Jean Gaborit boots by my individual version. See under "For everybody/Shoe repair and modifications/make your own". It's tooltime :wink: micha

Nuts.....I am going to have to save this for the winter. Don't have the time now. Cool thing is you can use a hard wood insted of the pine used to day on some clogs I have seen.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

MIA used to make some really nice high heeled clogs. I wish I still had mine.

Men are from Mars, Women are from Venus, I'm from the Earth.Now wearing HH Penny Loafers full time.

The Angelo clogs also feature the high wedge platforms similar to mine from Sunset Strip, but they are even more expensive. Of course, they do advertise men's sizes! What is the difference between men's and women's sizes in the European system?

Posted Image

I would say just add one and a half to two sizes from a women’s shoe size for UK, but this is true for U.S. sizing.

The Angelo clogs also feature the high wedge platforms similar to mine from Sunset Strip, but they are even more expensive. Of course, they do advertise men's sizes! What is the difference between men's and women's sizes in the European system?

Hey Bob...I went by the Fusaro site and checked out those clogs.Never had a real desire for them, especially with platts. I really shouldnt be such a stodge. Even tho my hair is grizziled I'm not an ol' geazer yet...and they look like fun....kind of.

Maybe,just maybe, I could find room in my closet for a pair.

The only thing is they cost a ship load of money from that store,$US140 for some styles. Ouch!

I was impressed they offered all their styles in mens sizes tho and found that very incouraging.

Perhaps Hoverfly has the right idea and I should try making a pair of my own.I have plenty of band-aids and I'm at least as compedent as Tim "the toolman," so it should be a go. :wink:

Any thoughts on the up comming project Hoverfly?I'd be interested in your views.

jim

What is the difference between men's and women's sizes in the European system?

Hello Bob,

there is no difference in the european system. It's an unisex system. The differences between male and female shoes should not be bigger than within male shoes (or female shoes).

But this is only theory. Often female shoes are narrower than male shoes. Thus sometimes a half or one EU size bigger is suitable for a guy with broad feet.

Or vice versa: I ordered these 4.5'' platform boots from Buffalo in EU 42. The black model. I was absolutely sure that I have to send them back because my shoe size is EU 44/45!

Posted Image

But they were at least EU 43. A little bit narrow for my big toe but I wear them often outdoors without any problems.

Since monthes I try to get the knee high version of this boot in german Ebay auctions. Just today a guy (?!) outbid me with 131 EUR - more than the original price! Two other guys went over 100 EUR. Now I'm convinced that we heels wearing guys here in this forum are definitely not alone :wink:

micha

• 2 weeks later...

Just to share them with you all, here is my current clogs selection for daily footwear, comfortable fashion:

Posted Image

Some more pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As you can see, it is the most "innocent" outlook (except if you opt for a full clog show, which I included here for getting a complete picture).

With normal pants length, If anybody gets shocked by watching a guy on these, it means his clock stopped ticking long, long, long ago !.

I have also found they are fresh, comfortable and a tremendous confidence builder. I do recomment to give these a try to all the shy people (as I was not too long ago) and get all the fun out of it.

Best regards,

Robert.

And these are for more challenging occasions. I would take them to places where I know in advance there will be some proven capacity for acceptance:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hope you enjoy them and keep tuned for any comments. On my experience, they can be great for engaging conversation with open-minded ladies. And a lady with a beautiful mind is beautiful. Period.

Best regards,

Robert.

And a lady with a beautiful mind is beautiful. Period.

Now there's measage I could shout from the rooftops!

..and those stiletto heeled mules have a "wow" factor of 9.5. :wink::D

jim

Actually, Bob2hh, those pairs are nice. I never thought I'd be saying this, but I like both pairs. I might just go for the J Lo style ones, tho' :wink:

And a lady with a beautiful mind is beautiful. Period.

Couldn't agree more!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

And these are for more challenging occasions.

Hi Bob,

they are fantastic!

Now I have to call on your offer for help. Where did you buy these beautiful shoes? Is there any chance for me to get them in size 44 or 45?

The summer has begun in Germany now. Today the temperature was over 30 Cel. I need an appropiate male footwear :wink: !!!!!!!

micha

Those are Superb mules with the stiletto heels. Very nice with jeans. Where did you get those, and at what sort of cost? What brand are they? Don't forget to add heel height and other useful information.

Some informations I have been asked for the mules: - Size: 41 EUR - Heel height: 11 cm - Price: 62,6 EUR - Brand: Luichiny - Purchasing: Regular shoe shop. You know: you come in, ask for them in your size, try them, walk a bit, ask the salesladies for opinions / suggestions / variations, pay and get out. Sorry for my poor originality, but it is as simple as that ! They are very much in fashion now here, only fact is that heels ladies usually wear are block / stacked heels, from 2-4 in. A bit too boring for my taste, but I highly respect any others' feelings and opinions. A funny comment from a lady was: gee ! these are so spiky and so pointy that I would be afraid of myself if I got angry while wearing them !

Bob2hh, I absolutely love your beige clogs there. I wouldn't consider them clogs myself, but either way, they're great. They look brilliant under jeans, the colour is great, heel and toe shape is spot on. Just the kind of look I like and try to acheive! (I really need to get some more heels). Top marks on that one! I like the colour of the demin ones too, but I'm not so keen on the pointyness of them! SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

Wow, thanks for the information. I take a EUR 39.5, though size 40 is also OK from most manufacturers. Those are superb. Hmm, 11cm heel. It looks slightly higher then that.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

What is the difference between men's and women's sizes in the European system?

There isn't. Neither the UK nor the metrical system differentiate between male and female. I wear size 45 / 10 1/2 shoes, be they high heels or men's business shoes.

Bernhard

Posted Image

Womens' sizes only go up to 41 (or sometimes 42) mens' go up to about 50 sometimes higher. Beyond that there is no difference except hat womens' styles do sometimes tend to be narrower.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

• 2 weeks later...

Being newly registered, I'm late to this one but I do have to report a splendid sighting while I was out window shopping down in Covent Garden during this final gasp of summer warmth. A tall girl with long legs to die for and hot pant short shorts was wearing some nice mule clogs with a sort of semi-blade-like heel so they were quite graceful. She moved like a dream and I was sorely tempted to follow for a bit... :lol: Frankly, the legs outscored the heels in this case...!

/I