New Boots.

jim

Several weeks ago I bought a new pair of black leather ankle boots from Overland Footwear.They are one of my favorite stores down here in NZ and I can't help but spend money there. :wink:

The girls at Overland are great fun and shopping with them is always a blast. Anyway, their winter collection is on line at long last and thought you all would like a peek.Nothing to high, heel wise (4.2" is about it) and they don't show all their styles but they really know how to model shoes.. :D

The style I chose is called "Peso", by Sasha. The boot has a 4" heel with the sculptured long point I'm so fond off.It is set off with a bold ankle strap and pewter medalion.

These boots are a very comfortable and stylish and I've had some nice comments while wearing them out and about..

Posted Image

Heres a link to their site..

http://srd.yahoo.com/S=2766679/K=overland+footwear/v=2/l=WS1/R=1/H=0/*-http://www.overlandfootwear.co.nz/

www.overlandfootwear.co.nz/

Thanks for the encouragement guys.The boots in the pic are suede,the ones I bought are black and in a very soft calf.

The ankle strap is removable Yam.Taking it off changes the image the boot portrays and have done so as the mood strikes.I think they look a little more dressy with out them tho.

As for the heel hight HighSuprise,it depends on what you want in a boot.I bought these for street wear and a 4" heel is quite comfortable in that respect.I think comfort has a lot of bearing when buying shoes for all day wear.No need to be a cripple before my time.

btw, What heel hight do you normaly wear when out side?

Do check out the models on the Overland site.They are quite...provocative. :wink:

www.overlandfootwear.co.nz/

Hi Jim - perfectly understand. Believe it or not (and not many people do believe me), I tend to wear 5-6 inchers outdoors. My feet just feel so comfortable in a steep position (I was born for it), so that's your answer. Good luck witht those boots - good for you!

They have a great web site, and some really nice shoes.

One thing that has always intrigued me: In your Winter season, do you get the stuff that Europe had on sale last Winter, or the sort of stuff that we are going to be getting next Winter? ... or do you have stuff that we just won't be seeing at all?

How's it work?

I tend to wear 5-6 inches outdoors.

Six inch heels still represent a considerable height for me, even in my size UK8/US10. I have several pairs in the 5" to 5.5" range but to wear them for 10 hours or so would leave me quite trashed. They are usually kept for evenings out, or other special occasions. Way to many P.L.F's I'm afraid. If you are doing 6"s on a regular basis then I take my hat off to you.

That's a good point Jo. :wink:

As I understand it the buyers from here order for next year, so we get the summer shoes that are on the cat walk now in 6mths time.I know we import some stunning cutting edge footwear from Europe. The French, Italian and Spanish shoes are trulysuperb. We also bring in stuff from Oz and the US, it's a lot more mundane tho.There are a lot items shipped in from Asia and we also manufacture here as well. You folks have shoes in your stores that we never see and vice versa.As far as our guys designing heels for your market? I'm really not sure to be honest,but they could be.

So I will answer your questions with...."yes to all."

jim