heelguy's adventures

heelguy

And that was my day today! :)

Here's a couple of pics of the shoes and the skirt i got, i think they go quite well together, especially with my bright pink toes!

I love the shoes and that is a nice little outfit you have put together.You look cute in it.

I'd been browsing on the internet at Tony Bianco shoes and saw a satin red pair that i fell in love with!

Today i went to try them on in store, the closest store to me is at a shopping center that i used to work at and infact my dad's fiance (who knows about me) works as the manager of the store i used to work in at this center.

I drove there wearing nothing exciting, ugg boots, tight jeans and a normal top. Worried about being stopped by anybody who knew me straight away for a chat, i went directly to the TB store. I walked around there and couldn't see these amazing satin red heels i'd seen on their website, but i found them in black, so i asked the lady if they had them in any other colours, she showed me over to a rack filled with only this style of shoes, and to my excitement it read "20% off SALE!" :)

Unfortunately they didn't have the red colour that i wanted, but they had black, a nude colour and a champage colour. I tried on both the black and the champagne ones and decided i liked the champagne better, so took them to the counter. While i tried them on there would have been maybe only 3 other people in the store, and there was a young girl around my age that walked right infront of me as i was standing infront of the mirror in these heels and didn't bat an eye lid.

The shoes were marked as $90 in the sale, so i was pleased enough as they usually retail for $160! Then as the woman who was serving me put them through, she said "That's $72 then thanks :)" I was like :P bargainnnnnn!! haha so that made me even more pleased with my purchase :silly:

I went and said hi to my dad's fiance who was working and showed her the shoes i'd just bought, she said she absolutely loves them but would never be able to wear them as she struggles with heels that are quite high

I carried on having a look around the center and i'd completely forgotten that a friend of mine that i met when she was working at Payless shoes, now works at the quicksilver store in this very center. I made my way there and saw her standing near the front of the store, went in and had a nice chat with her, caught up breifly and showed her my purchase, when she had to run off and help out some customers. I thought i'd have a quick browse around the store while she was busy, and noticed a skirt that was up on a manikin. When my friend came back over, i asked her where they were and she showed me, she got me a size 8 and size 10 and i asked if i could try them on. "Sure! :) let me know if you need a different size" so i took them into the changing room to try them on. They both seemed like they'd be too tight for me before i actually tried on the 8 first and it was atually a little big :/ I asked her if she had a size 6 but they didnt, as the skirt wasn't TOO big, i decided to buy it anyway!

After buying the skirt we said our goodbye's and i carried on walking around. I came back to the Tony Bianco store, and in a store opposite, i saw a very cute black and red dress, so i went in and had a look around. It was moderately busy, around 5 or so women browsing around in the small store. I grabbed 2 dresses and took them to one of the Sales Assistants and asked to try them on, I was pleasantly suprised at how un-phased and almost pleased that me, a guy, wanted to try this stuff on. It definately makes me feel alot more comfortable and confident! As i was in the changing room the woman came upto my door and asked if i needed a hand with sizes, to which i replied no thankyou, i'm fine! The one dress i tried was wayy too small and the other was actually really nice, a singlety style dress, with a tight skirted section, but unfortunately i found the skirted section was just a little bit see-through :/ so ended up not purchasing either!

And that was my day today! :)

Here's a couple of pics of the shoes and the skirt i got, i think they go quite well together, especially with my bright pink toes!

Awesome platforms, and that skrit! Uber hot!

The weekend just gone was mine and my girlfriend's 2 year anniversary, so she came down to Melbourne so we could be together. A little while ago i posted that she had stumbled across a shoe sale and got us both some heels, original RRP $159.99 she got them for $70! Well she brought them down with her and here they are... :smile: Worn with my black blazer again, a dark red singlet and some khaki jean trousers. Also a bangle just for a little accessory.

post-18000-133522958746_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522958751_thumb.jpg

Congratulations on the anniversary! Also with having an open minded partner. Hope you had a great weekend as I am sure you did. The shoes look great and go very well with your outfit. A great find and on sale to boot. I just love the color! Jim

Heelguy, Wow, great outfit ! How did you find that singlet which is assorted to the shoes ? And what is their color ? Is it brown ? Curiously, the most feminine part of your outfit is to me this singlet which let your chest appear more than a regular T-shirt.

Heelguy,

Wow, great outfit ! How did you find that singlet which is assorted to the shoes ? And what is their color ? Is it brown ?

Curiously, the most feminine part of your outfit is to me this singlet which let your chest appear more than a regular T-shirt.

I bought the singlet before i bought the shoes, it's just coinsidence that they're similar in colour. The colour of the singlet is called "wine" and the colour of the shoes is called "cherry".

I don't tend to consider how feminine the outfits i wear are, if i feel i look good, then i'll wear it :smile:

The weekend just gone was mine and my girlfriend's 2 year anniversary, so she came down to Melbourne so we could be together. A little while ago i posted that she had stumbled across a shoe sale and got us both some heels, original RRP $159.99 she got them for $70! Well she brought them down with her and here they are... :smile:

Worn with my black blazer again, a dark red singlet and some khaki jean trousers. Also a bangle just for a little accessory.

=> Very nice!

Hey Heelguy , yeah that outfit you put together there is really great could be worn by a guy or girl & looks great & more to the idea that clothes are just that, clothes, they don't actually have a gender ,there are just different styles and it takes the individual to put them together into a successful outfit YOU win on this point We need to catch up sometime cheers malinheels :smile:

Hey Heelguy , yeah that outfit you put together there is really great could be worn by a guy or girl & looks great & more to the idea that clothes are just that, clothes, they don't actually have a gender ,there are just different styles and it takes the individual to put them together into a successful outfit YOU win on this point

We need to catch up sometime

cheers malinheels :smile:

Cheers Mal! we certainly do need a catch up sometime! i was beginning to think you'd disappeared!

• 1 month later...

Well i haven't updated in a while, I've been so busy leading up to Christmas with work and organising to go and spend the holidays with my girlfriend up in Sydney that i haven't had a chance to slip into a pair of heels and really do anything! Well, on Saturday 10th December 2011, I conquered the biggest fear i ever imagined facing. The day was just like any other day, i worked up until around 1pm, got home, did nothing, lazed about, my parents got home, they were getting ready to go out to a fancy dress party that night, when my dad asked me to order pizza for us so they could eat before they went out. I usually keep my room very private in order to keep all my dress's and heels and such hidden from him, but on Saturday i had 3 pairs of heels just sitting on a small little table/drawer thing i have next to my computer desk. My dad opened my door and i was talking to him but it wasn't open enough for him to see the heels so i wasn't phased. I have a couple of pictures of my car hanging up on my wall in a small frame, and wedged inside the frame i have a picture of my girlfriend from when she was around 6-7years old. He asked me who it was in the picture and i told him it's my girlfriend, i walked back into my room to grab the picture down to show him. To my absolute HORROR he followed me into my room and as soon as he did i went white cold knowing my heels were practically right infront of his face! He turned to me and said "jeez you've even got her shoes here! or are they yours?" For some reason, the idea to lie and say they were hers didn't even cross my mind, i just came straight out with "nope, they're mine" to which he replied "oh, they match the ones i have" This confused me a little as i didn't know wether he just shrugged it off and took it really well, or wether he thought i was joking. So about 5 minutes later while still discussing what pizza we were ordering, i said to him "you know i wasn't joking about those shoes before right? They're actually mine" He looked at me all confused and said "what do you mean? :S" i repeated myself and he replied with the usual "you're messing with me, i'm dreaming this!" After a minute or two of me telling him over and over that i was serious, he started to realise this was the real deal, i told him that it's not just the heels that i wear, it's everything. He asked a few questions which were pretty predictable, mainly background on my interest in this type of clothing etc etc He said "so you know what i'm gunna ask now right?" I said "Am i gay? NO." He said "well not so much gay, but bi?" I said "still no, i have no inclination of being any other sexuality but straight" He took it really well and said to me "i don't care what you do, you're still my son" but as we were eating said "I don't think i'd be comfortable seeing you dressed up just yet". Which is fair enough, i'm just glad i don't have to hide it anymore and it feels like such a weight has been lifted off of my shoulders. He was the only person in the whole world that i feared about telling or him knowing. Needless to say, i'll be alot more open with it now than i was before, as now my dad knows, his fiance knows (i live with them) and my girlfriend knows. Anybody else knowing i couldn't really care about what they think! so it doesn't bother me :smile: Anyway there is still more! The next day i had off work to get all my Xmas shopping done, i was heading up to Chadstone which i'm pretty sure is the biggest shopping center in Australia (If not Victoria atleast). I knew i was going to visit the new Steve Madden Store there and didn't wanna walk in dressed as a boy because i can't really get a feel for the shoes when im wearing looser jeans and in more of a boy-look. So i wore my skinny denim jeans, a plain black womens top and my Cherry Betty Tony Bianco's. I hadn't been out in heels in such a public and busy place before, but after the day before, i wasn't feeling nervous at all really! It'd been such a long time since i'd been in heels for a prolonged amount of time, my calves were killing me only 10minutes in! Now, i've walked around chadstone probably 10 times when in nike high tops and it doesn't seem far at all, but i'm telling you, after 3 laps of this place, i'm starting to realise just how big it is when you're wearing 5" heels!!!! LOL As usual i got plenty of looks, but carrying myself well and holding my head high in confidence just going about my business, nobody bothered to comment, and if they did i wasn't within hearing distance. Coming up to the end of my shopping i had atleast 8 bags full of xmas gifts and i was pulling a brand new suitcase along as i need one for my coming trip to Sydney! i had about 200 metres walk to the carpark were my car was parked, my feet and toes were hurting so badly i didn't think i could make it, i literally thought i was going to have to do the walk-of-shame in broad daylight and barefoot it :/ Earlier on i'd been into the new Steve Madden store and purchased a couple of pairs of heels for me and my girlfriend and had a very good experience with one of the sales staff, but i forgot to get her name, so as it wasn't far past the carpark, i decided to go back in and ask her name, once i'd done that she told me to head back and see her the next time i was there! My shopping adventure had come to an end and the second i got back into my car the heels came off and i threw on my comfy ugg boots! :smile: lol

Nice outing there mate,thats the problem with heeling now,shops are so damn busy.Why is it that everyone always assumes we are gay?Had the same thing with one girl friend.First question she asks,are you sure you arent gay. Im glad your dad took it allright.Ive really been in the same situation.Parents just barge in my room and my heels stand there for everyone to see but they've never said anything.The other time I had boots in my car trunk,coverd it because my dad and I installed a new trunk lid.Next moment he pulls of the sleeping bag and asks whose those are,I just closed the lid and said no ones,never heard anything after that but after that he must know they are mine.So you are really fortunate that your dad took it well.

A great read heelguy! Telling your dad must have been like a great weight lifted from your shoulders. Tip: I tend to wear 4 inch heels for extended wear. Really is much easier to remain comfortable in them. They provide all the thrill and after many hours in them I'm still going.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

So pleased for you, most parents love their kids no matter what but it must be a relief to you to have that confirmation that your dad is cool with your fashion choice. As you say those you love are ok with it so nobody else matters, here's hopingyou have many more wonderful outings.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I'm very happy for you, and envious at the same time! You must feel so relieved after talking with your Dad. He obviously loves you very much, and wants you to be happy. I know how you feel about suffering with sore feet during public outings, but some pain is worth being able to be yourself in public....I wish I had 1/2 of your confidence and courage, good for you! Don

Thanks for the feedback and comments everyone :smile: I'm very relieved that he knows now, i don't feel like i'm hiding anything at all anymore which is an awesome feeling :penitent: To anybody who suggested lower heels, thanks, but no thanks :smile: I like 5" heels the best, the way they feel and look is in my opinion, perfect!

Update on the situation with the old man: We had a sit down and a chat outside earlier, he turned to me and said he's struggling to get his head around the whole thing, even got called into his bosses office as he let out some steam at a customer that he looks after. His boss asked him what was going on as he went into work p'd off on monday and did this today. He ended up telling his boss the whole thing and his boss basically said "wow, that's huge, but it could be worse, he could be a drug addict". So we're chatting tonight, seems his main concern is me being beaten up when out in public, i told him not to worry as 99% of people who won't accept how i'm dressed will just stare and MAYBE make a remark, but that's ever as far as anybody's game enough to take it. Forgive me but this happened only an hour ago Max and i'm a little bit hazey right now... We chatted for around 45mins, then came back inside and he went to the living room and i came to my room to talk to my girlfriend on the phone. I don't know how it happened but i ended up in tears :/ so i told my girlfriend i'd call her back. I walked into the kitchen and called me dad in, he asked why (i think he thought i was gunna be standing there in a dress and heels or something but i wasn't). As he walked in my eyes were already completey bright red and i just said "can i have a hug?" as soon as i put my arms around him i just burst out in tears AGAIN! i couldn't hold it back! it was so strange... I said to him that if i'd have known before that it was going to stress him out and affect his work then there is no way i would have told him, also that he doesn't need to worry and that i just don't want him to hate me for it He said that he can't help but worry and that he could never hate me for this and that he loves me more than anything. Anyway i can feel myself tearing up again so i'll leave it there, just keeping you all up to date with what's going on and how the situation is panning out

Update on the situation with the old man:

We had a sit down and a chat outside earlier, he turned to me and said he's struggling to get his head around the whole thing, even got called into his bosses office as he let out some steam at a customer that he looks after. His boss asked him what was going on as he went into work p'd off on monday and did this today. He ended up telling his boss the whole thing and his boss basically said "wow, that's huge, but it could be worse, he could be a drug addict".

So we're chatting tonight, seems his main concern is me being beaten up when out in public, i told him not to worry as 99% of people who won't accept how i'm dressed will just stare and MAYBE make a remark, but that's ever as far as anybody's game enough to take it.

Forgive me but this happened only an hour ago Max and i'm a little bit hazey right now...

We chatted for around 45mins, then came back inside and he went to the living room and i came to my room to talk to my girlfriend on the phone. I don't know how it happened but i ended up in tears :/ so i told my girlfriend i'd call her back. I walked into the kitchen and called me dad in, he asked why (i think he thought i was gunna be standing there in a dress and heels or something but i wasn't).

As he walked in my eyes were already completey bright red and i just said "can i have a hug?" as soon as i put my arms around him i just burst out in tears AGAIN! i couldn't hold it back! it was so strange...

I said to him that if i'd have known before that it was going to stress him out and affect his work then there is no way i would have told him, also that he doesn't need to worry and that i just don't want him to hate me for it

He said that he can't help but worry and that he could never hate me for this and that he loves me more than anything.

Anyway i can feel myself tearing up again so i'll leave it there, just keeping you all up to date with what's going on and how the situation is panning out

Your Dad loves you very much, so his concern is certainly understandable. Your emotional response is a good thing and to be expected. You obviously have a strong sense of yourself and who you are, so I'm sure you can handle any negative reactions with ease as well. I really think most guys, gay or straight, have a secret "thing" for heels. Try to remember that most negative reactions are really just subconcious jealousy. You really look great, most women dream of having legs like yours.

Keep hugging your Dad, he loves you very much, give him some time to get used to seeing you dressed the way you like...

I'm sure things will pan out for the better, at least it all went down well initially. I know both my parents attitudes would change and I'm pretty sure they wouldn't understand at all. On a brighter note, we need pictures of the outfits you wear. The outfits you have got a picture of before has gone together really well and I'm always interested to see the next one. Wish I had the courage to go out wearing heels like you do...

Thank you heelguy for sharing with us about your dad as well as the touching update. Its horrible that we're programmed from an early age to feel like we must fit into these silos defined by society. That we automatically feel bad as though we are doing something wrong by having this in our lives. I never did tell my parents sadly, but I am greatful that I did share it with my wife and that she is so understanding and supportive. I wish you the best with your dad and hope that he's truly moved beyond the stress he was feeling and can be completely at ease with it in the future. You shouldn't feel bad about this experience. It is who we are, and there is nothing wrong with it... you did nothing wrong.

• 1 month later...

hey everyone, hope you all had a fantastic christmas and new years! mine was pretty standard, spent it with my gf, nothing really heel related happened at all. But, my gay friend that i go to the gay clubs with messeged me and a few other friends of ours on facebook through the week organizing a little catch up, we planned to meet up at our local macdonalds car park and then see what goes on from there. Only 1 other of the people invited said that he would make it, but he is a good friend of mine that i hang out with socially pretty much since i've been in Aus. He's a very typical male figure, but in my mind from the few years i've known him, seems pretty accepting of people. I decided that i wanted to wear heels to this little meet up to make it a little more exciting, so i wore my leopard print closed toe heels with a pair of skin tight black jeans, a white singlet with a silhouette print of Arnold Schwarzenegger as Terminator on it and a black blazer, i quite liked the outfit even if i do say so myself! :wave: Anyway.. i ended up being around 20 minutes late for this meet up, but no drama's, i let them know i was running late. As i was nearing the maccas i could feel my heart racing and my head screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" but i pulled into the car park and though "ahh well it's too late now!" So i parked up, got out of the car, walked over to my friends who were standing there, one of them already knew about my dress sense and the other having no idea, i greeted him and shook his hand like usual, he looked me up and down and when he saw my leopard heels was in absolute shock! He went very quiet for around the next 30 minutes not saying much at all, i was quite concerned i'd just ruined a friendship, but slowly he started asking me all the usual questions and seemed to become abit more relaxed and himself again. As the night wore on we decided to go cruise up and down the local highway as every friday night that's where all the hotted up cars go and drag race illegally :P my friend didn't wanna drive and i only have 1 point left on my license so he ended up driving my car and i was passenger. We were having good talks about my heels and stuff in the car and by the end of the night he really didn't seem to be bothered by it at all and said "i dont give a f dude, it doesn't bother me" which although crude, was actually very pleasing to hear :smile: Anyway speak of the devil i'm heading off out with him now so i'll cut it short Heelguy

That is good to hear and it comes from most people when you meet them face to face.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Congrats on taking the risk to lose others in order to be true to yourself! So inspiring, hopefully others that choose to isolate themselves from relationships because of their heels take heed in your courage.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.