heelguy's adventures

heelguy

Hi ilovetights, thanks for your response. Although i dont consider myself a CD, i don't see that there is anything wrong with it.

There's always time to go shopping! especially with chaddy open until 9pm on thursdays and fridays! Your other priorities must be pretty important to put shopping aside! :D

I was always fearful of going about my business in chadstone as it's such a large and commercial shopping center, i preffered the quieter ones (ie waverely gardens :wave:) but now i've had positive experiences at chaddy, i'll definately be going there more often to shop my little heart out! B)

I don't mind at all, thankyou for the compliment :smile: i also showed my GF these pictures and she said i look good too, so that made me extremely happy!

I do have quite a few pairs of heels now (12/13 off the top of my head i think) but not too many clothes, i think i have around 5 or so dresses, a couple of skirts, jeans etc.. enough to keep me going for odd night out on the weekend anyway! :( there's 20 years of being a traditional socially normal boy to make up for! haha

i paid $40 for my black rats, although i noticed one of the girls in santini wearing a pair and hers were nowhere near as shiny as mine :S mine have all the genuine tags and labels attatched, but i cant help wondering wether they're fakes or wether Sass and Bide brought out different shades of them?

I said there was nothing wrong with it in my post :l ...I was agreeing with you! Anywho.. I hope you still come down to Wavo's every now and then!!

Regarding the Sass and Bide Rats, there are several types...

Black, PVC (which is probably the ones the Santini girl had on), Bronze, Chrome (Silver), Grey Marle, Beast (or something like that), Snake... and a few others (that I can't think of). You can get the older ones at at the S&B warehouse sales for cheap.. though I have never seen the animal print Rats at those sales. I've got a few pairs of PVC and one normal and one bronze. When I saw them I couldn't resist!!

Call me Tights!

Whilst i am a wearer of women's clothes, i dont consider myself a CD, as i feel like the fashion fits me and who i am, rather than being assigned to a specific gender.

BRAVO! Couldn't have said it better myself! Like you, I've gone beyond just wearing shoes and have evolved my freestyling to include more and more in the way or women's clothing, in fact, it's pretty much all I wear on my own little adventures these days, including skirts which look good on me, and I'll soon wear my first dress in public, and I'm looking forward to that! It's perplexing why in this so-called enlightened age that people continue to insist upon placing gender connotation upon clothing. In any event, I applaud you for your own outings.

I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman!

BRAVO! Couldn't have said it better myself! Like you, I've gone beyond just wearing shoes and have evolved my freestyling to include more and more in the way or women's clothing, in fact, it's pretty much all I wear on my own little adventures these days, including skirts which look good on me, and I'll soon wear my first dress in public, and I'm looking forward to that! It's perplexing why in this so-called enlightened age that people continue to insist upon placing gender connotation upon clothing. In any event, I applaud you for your own outings.

Thanks JeffB, it's a topic that could be discussed for days on end and still not concluded. I guess we just have to live 'out of the norm' and try our best to go about our business without harming or causing offence to anybody while we do it. I know that personally i wouldn't dress in such a way if i didn't think i could pull it off or make it look good, it's all about the styling! I agree, there are so many weird and wonderful things in this world today that we're probably happening 100 years ago, it's just now we hear about it through social media. Maybe that's the answer for us to become more recognised?

What more motivation do us guys need to get out there and wear whatever the hell we want! make headlines and the world will automatically believe it is the norm these days... (but then again, what's the fun in being normal? :smile:)

• 1 month later...

So if you've been following my progress through my adventure thread, you'll know that there are now a few people in my life that know about my heels and what not. I often go and visit a close female friend of mine wearing heels/dresses/skirts etc sometimes just jeans with heels. Anyway yesterday was just another one of those visits. I went to see her late morning around 11am. She recently had a little baby boy so we just hung out at her place until around 4pm. I love with my father, his fiance and her son but i knew that my father was out of town for work last night. I'd been considering telling his fiance about the way i feel comfortable dressing, but was always in two minds wondering if she really needed to know. I got home and i had the house to myself, but a little while later her son came home. He fumbled about in his room for around 10mins but then he left again to go and play a gig up in the city, so i knew he would be out late if he came home at all. I though to myself what a perfect opportunity i have to tell my father's fiance as he wasn't home and neither was her son. Now just to fill you in a little bit, i have a very good relationship with her, she's open about anything and everything, she was even my boss as a store manager for around 1.5years and we got on really well. She's pretty much like a friend to me. It got to around 9pm and she finally came home and does what she usually does and went straight to the kitchen to make herself a coffee. I was in my room wearing a pair of light wash jeans, a white 3/4 sleeve scoop neck top, and my nude peeptoe heels with a black bow. I stood behind my bedroom door knowing i was gunna walk out into the kitchen where she was while i was dressed like this. But the journey from my room to the kitchen is pretty much completely solid wood flooring, which echoes the sound if high heels. I was nervously shaking the whole way down the hall, in my head i was screaming "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" but i just couldn't stop my feet from taking steps! it was such a rush! finally i got to the kitchen where she was standing infront of the kettle with her back to me and she obviously heard me coming and said "hii" but as she turned and glanced she looked straight at my feet and was im complete shock. I have never shaken so much in my life, i was trembling! she thought i was winding her up, asked me if i was going to a dress up party and told me to "stop messing with her". I assured her i wasn't messing around and that this is how i dress, it took around 5 minutes for me to convince her i was being sincere, to which we both went out onto the decking to where we smoke. We sat there talking for around 45mins and she was totally cool with it and thought it was awesome, she grew up surrounded in the gay scene and totally understands that you dont have to be gay to enjoy women's clothing and asked me all about how it makes me feel, when i started, all the usual questions etc... I had to go back inside to get more smokes from my room, but while i was inside i decided to change and show her what i look like in a skirt and heels. I walked back out and she was laughing with a big smile on her face. We then sat there still talking about all things heels etc and how she's jealous that i can walk in them and stuff until she had to go to bed because she had to get up early in the morning for work. It was absolutely amazing sharing that side of me with her, and from her reactions and the talk we had, i think she really enjoyed knowing and seeing me completely comfortable being who i am. I just wanted to share this with you guys and give you all a quick update on my life in heels! :) cheers! Heelguy

Heelguy,

It sounds like even though for a few tense moments, all is well that ended well. If it's any consolation, I have had several women tell me that they admire the way I can walk in five inch stiletto high heels and they wouldn't even attempt it. Thanks for the update.

• 4 weeks later...

Another update for you all! and a giant leap in my life in heels! :smile: For a few months now i've wanted to get out and about in my heels and other female clothing alot more. I have a gay friend who frequents all the gay clubs, so i approached him and asked him lots of questions and where i would fit in best and he advised me on a club called "Pricilla's" on Commercial Rd, South Yarra down here in Melbourne. Ever since then i've been itching to go there and bugging all my friends that know about my 'unique' way of dressing to come out with me to this club. Weekend after weekend passed by and i was nagging everyone i could to come with me but nothing ever came of it. So yet again i would sit at home with this unbearable itch to get out in my heels but needed somebody to come with me just for abit of support and generally somebody familiar to chat to (i'm sure you can all relate). This weekend was no different, Friday night came and i tried my hardest to get a couple of female friends of mine to come out with me, but no luck so i prepared myself for another boring friday night at home. I was so sick of doing absolutely nothing and having no enthusiasm to go out dressed what people would consider "normally". I sent my gay friend a text thinking he'd probably be busy and already have plans, but i thought it was worth a shot. He was working on the friday night, but was free on saturday night, so i wasted no time in organising to go to this club with him! We'd arranged to meet outside the club at 11pm, i got there a little early but no matter, he was only 5 minutes away. I was wearing my Nude Tony Bianco Peeptoe with a black bow heels and a short, fitted black ruffle dress with my bare legs exposed to Melbourne's freezing temperatures, but my adrenaline from the excitement i was feeling to finally be out was much more over-powering! As my friend knows pretty much EVERYBODY at this club, we stood outside for a little while just talking to the bouncer, who was obviously used to seeing the weird and wonderful and didn't even seem to take notice of what i was wearing, so far so good. We walked inside and i shouted drinks although i just had a coke as im not a drinker. While we were standing at the bar, one of the Drag Queens came over as she knew my friend and we had light conversation, nothing out of the ordinary. So we made our way to the rear outdoor area just me and my friend, found a table and stood around just chatting, there was a guy and a girl on around a table just behind my friend and i could see them both looking at me constantly, the girl not even making an effort to hide the fact she was having a good look, i smiled to her, waved and said "heyy, whats up?". We started chatting for a while, introduced ourselves, at some point in the conversation she turned to me and said "you're just the cutest thing i've seen!" well i was abit taken back but very pleased with my first compliment of the night! :smile: One of the drag acts was about to come on so we went inside to watch, it was the one me and my friend were talking to at the bar, this was also the first drag act i had ever seen, so was interested to see what it was all about. We were standing in the crowd but were kinda forced over near the door to the rear outside section as it was abit cramped. As soon as the act was over, my friend who i went there with grabbed me as quickly as he could and pulled me outside. I was abit confused as to why and he said "she kept looking at you and catching your eye, i know her, she was about to drag you up on stage!" haha, now that would'av been interesting on my first night out! Everybody started piling outside again once the show was over, and a couple of guys came over to us who my friend knew, we were chatting and obviously the questions started, i told him basically all about me and how i just feel normal dressed this way and that there are a few people in my life that know, and that my girlfriend knows etc, he asked what her view on it was and i told him how she doesn't LIKE it but she's cool with it, and he replied "that's good, she'll get over it!". Then came out the drag queen who we'd spoken to at the bar and who just performed on stage, she was with another of the drag acts and they were standing at the table next to us, they both turned to me and started conversation, saying how gorgeous i looked and how they loved my outfit, complimenting my figure, my dress and heels, and how i was "o'natural" with no make-up or wigs or anything. She said "i love that you just don't care and are wearing you!", it felt really good to have someone like her say that to me, was very encouraging. The night continued with going inside to watch the drag acts and retreating back outside when they weren't on stage. Towards the end of the night we were out the back again and a very good looking young woman came and sat next to me, i think she may have had a few too many drinks, but never the less she was bombarding me with compliments, saying how hot i looked and how she wanted my legs but i insisted that her legs were WAYYYYYYYYY better than mine (trust me, most of us guys on here would literally kill for the legs she had! :irked:). She must have known a few people there because everybody who came over to her, she was showing me off to... "stand up! spin around! How sexy is she?!" (she kept referring to me as she, but with the rate my big head was growing from all of her enthusiasm and compliments, she could've called me batman for all i cared!! haha) By now it was nearing 3am so we decided to get going, we said goodbye to the young woman and her friends and made our way inside. There we said goodbye to the drag queen we'd been talking to who give me a cuddle and said it was lovely to meet you. As we walked past the bar which was near the front door, we said goodbye to my friend's two male friends who were chatting to us earlier and asking me questions, the main one hugged me and said it was great meeting me, he's really impressed with what im doing and he think's it's awesome that my girlfriend is so accepting of it, i said thankyou and that i hope to bring my girlfriend out one night when she's down here in Melbourne! Then we were literally opening the door to leave and out of nowhere the attractive young lady from earlier lifted up my dress to expose my bum a tiny bit to which i swiftly pulled it back down asap! she chuckled, smiled and waved goodbye :smile: Me and my friend parted ways and i jumped in my car and headed home on such a high of one of the most comfortable and fantastic nights of my life, a real stepping stone to which i hope to build and get out and about more often! Ofcourse, due to the unique way the Victorian State Police work down here, my night was brought down to earth slightly as i was pulled over and fined $150 for doing 107km/h in a 100km/h zone. This was at 3.20am on a loooooong straight road with not 1 other car in sight, absolutely gutted! They saw my dress and had a little chuckle to themselves as they walked back to their car to write up my ticket, to which i feel like making a formal complaint as to their professionalism. Apart from that little incident, i really had such fun and if any of you are the same as me and get the opportunity to do something like this, i'm begging you to do it! it's so much fun! Hope you enjoyed reading Heelguy

Nice read. Sounds like you had a great time. Any chance you took some pics?

Thanks, i had an awesome time! :irked: i didn't take any pics unfortunately, but the outfit i wore is all in this thread in different pictures.

I wore this dress http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/12613d1304784557-heelguy_s_adventures-btz.jpg

with these heels

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/12217d1300104756-heelguy_s_adventures-tb2.jpg

Thanks, i had an awesome time! :irked: i didn't take any pics unfortunately, but the outfit i wore is all in this thread in different pictures.

I wore this dress http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/12613d1304784557-heelguy_s_adventures-btz.jpg

with these heels

http://www.hhplace.org/attachments/everybody/12217d1300104756-heelguy_s_adventures-tb2.jpg

Awesome dress and heels!!

with these heels

WOW WOW WOW I just love the heels.

jay jay

wow heelguy.

that is some outfit, just wish you had a pic of you in that dress and them gorgeous high heels.

keep up the good work babe.

stell

xxxxx

thankyou! i'm heading out again this weekend :irked:

hi heelguy, I just read your whole thread from start to end. Fantastic open-ness you have. I can't help but wonder how you are dealing with your friends (one assumes the high school mates). I am terrified of telling my friends and because Adelaide just feels like the smallest town on the planet, i know that on any one trip, there is a high possibility of running into someone i know (these are friends i have had for 10 - 18 years odd and are a big part of my life and are all over South Australia so no one shopping centre could be deemed 'safe'). If you haven't told these people and I assume you catch up with them reasonably regularly, how have you not run into them in some way. Is hiding in the suburbs of Victoria a little easier over there? I get the feeling if you were 'discovered' that you yourself could handle it, but over here...it just feels a little old school with peoples open-ness to difference. Heck I do things now that are so mildly out of norm and get questioned on those things.

hi heelguy, I just read your whole thread from start to end. Fantastic open-ness you have.

I can't help but wonder how you are dealing with your friends (one assumes the high school mates). I am terrified of telling my friends and because Adelaide just feels like the smallest town on the planet, i know that on any one trip, there is a high possibility of running into someone i know (these are friends i have had for 10 - 18 years odd and are a big part of my life and are all over South Australia so no one shopping centre could be deemed 'safe').

If you haven't told these people and I assume you catch up with them reasonably regularly, how have you not run into them in some way. Is hiding in the suburbs of Victoria a little easier over there?

I get the feeling if you were 'discovered' that you yourself could handle it, but over here...it just feels a little old school with peoples open-ness to difference. Heck I do things now that are so mildly out of norm and get questioned on those things.

Hi very_c! Thanks for taking the time out to read my thread all the way through and for your kind words :irked:

Right now, i have selected the people i chose to tell myself, out of the whole 8 people in my life that know, only 2 of them are male. The one is a gay friend of mine i met through a car club, and the other is a straight guy with a gay man's mind! he loves kylie minogue and lots of other stereotypically gay things, so i didn't feel uncomfortable telling either of them. None of my friends that i would hang out and do guy stuff with know about my passion, but these days i rarely see them anyway, and often think to myself that even if they found out and they weren't accepting of it, i wouldn't be missing out on much.. lol. The best advice i can really give you is, even if SA people aren't accepting of who you truely are, then so what? are they gunna chase you out of the town with pitch forks and fiery sticks? :smile: and in the unfortunate event that does happen, move to melbourne! haha. But on a more serious note, if you wish to be open about it, then make a judgement call on who you think of your close friends will be the most accepting or which of them you have a deeper relationship with, and just talk to them about it. If these people have been your friend for so long, then really, nothing should change that.

I hope you decide whats best for you and the outcome is the one you'd hoped for :smile: all the best,

heelguy

I WON! A week or so ago, i entered a facebook competition. It was for a shoe store called "windsor smith" here in Aus. The challenge was whoever got the most people to "like" their facebook page would win a free pair of shoes! The whole week long i thoroughly annoyed all my facebook friends with messeges begging them to like the windsor smith fan page in order for me to win the competition. The comp ended at 10.30pm on Tues 26th July, and as it turned out... I WON!! i was so wrapped, i never win anything! I organised to go and choose my free shoes on either friday or saturday. Today is saturday so earlier on i went to their store, approached the front desk and told them that i am the winner of the facebook comp and the woman said she'd just be a minute organising what to do to put them through for free for me, so i just took a look around, i already knew which shoes i wanted, and a male staff member asked me to show him so he could get my size, i said i wanted the leopard print ones at the front, and he walked over and picked up a pair of leopard print mens shoes, but i was already over by the heels holding them up to which he said "oh i thought you meant these ones, sorry" i said no no it's okay, and he proceeded to help me find the right size. He also noticed my accent and asked where in the UK i'm from and we had a small chat about him wanting to go and visit the UK and how im liking living here in Aus, he didn't seem phased at all that i was buying heels, but then again i went in and tried the shoes on with confidence like it was nothing out of the ordinary, i also tried on a black pair (which i ended up buying) and said to him i like them because they're a more everyday colour so i can wear them more often than the leopard print ones. My free shoes had been put through and i paid for the black ones, the woman who put it through and the guy who helped me wished me a nice day as i left and i thanked them both for their help :irked: While i'd driven around 40mins or so to get to this shopping center i thought i'd have a look around, i saw a cute blue dress which is pretty much the same as the black one i wore out the other night to the club with with capped sleeves rather than 3/4 sleeves, and it was $30! i already knew my size so i had to have it! i'm actually going out to that club again tonight with a couple of girl friends of mine, so i'll be wearing my new leopard print heels, my new blue dress, and i also ordered a little black handbag and leopard print clutch/wallet which arrived during the week. Here's a not so great phone picture of what i'll be wearing out tonight and a couple of pics of individual things :smile:

post-18000-133522949669_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522949671_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522949674_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522949677_thumb.jpg

post-18000-13352294968_thumb.jpg

omg i love your lepord print heels :irked: a friend of mine has a pair jus like them and she jsu got a pair a lepord print wedge ankle boots they look awsome too.. and your dress looks awsome, you pull it off really well :smile:

wild for plats :silly:

Clean up time! Tonight i opened my wardrobe door and saw some of my heels sitting there and i found myself wishing that i could fit ALL of my heels in there in some sort of order or display for easy chosing. I also for some reason can't seem to bring myself to trow out the boxes that the shoes come in. I've been thinking lately about building a little shoe display cabinet to go in my wardrobe with open fronted compartments which can snugly fit 1 pair of heels in each. As it was around 8pm tonight i knew i wasn't going to do that, but decided anyway that i needed some sort of order in there and ripped everything out, i had electrical goods, an old suitcase and other misc items sitting in there for no apparent reason. So first of all i filled the suitcase with as much stuff as i could fit in it and put it away neatly in the garage so it was stored for easy access but wouldn't get in the way. I got rid of ALOT of plastic and paper/card bags from shopping trips, old car magazines and some old converse, all of it went in the bin! :irked: I still didn't want to get rid of the boxes that the shoes came in, but knew they were going to take up abit of space, so i tried using them almost as a display-step setup, this also gave me a chance to count how many pairs of heels i've actually accumulated, i counted 13 pairs, i thought it was a higher number than that, but there's always room for more shoes! :smile: I wonder how many of you like to keep your heels neat and how many of you keep the boxes they come in? I didn't think to take a before shot of the mess that was sitting at the bottom of my wardrobe, but here's an after shot of all my shoes placed nicely in there together :smile:

post-18000-133522949905_thumb.jpg

The entire top shelf of my rather large bedroom closet is about 3/4 full of my shoes (stacked 4 boxes high) and boots all in their original boxes. Shoes just stack better in their boxes. Some of those shoe boxes are quite a work of art themselves. Wonderful shoe collection there heelguy.

Shafted, the boots that is! View my gallery here http://www.hhplace.o...afteds-gallery/ or view my heeling thread here http://www.hhplace.org/topic/3850-new-pair-of-boots-starts-me-serious-street-heeling/ - Pm me if you want fashion advice or just need someone to talk to.

Heelguy, I never bother keeping the shoe boxes, once I know the shoes fit and I'll keep them. There's no point in taking up space with them, although I will admit using them for shelving as you've done in the photo is a good idea. I keep the 10-12 pairs of shoes I wear most often on the floor of my closet. I have wooden shelves built into the wall on one side of the closet, and there I can store nearly 40 pair of shoes (8 shelves high by 5 pair wide). There I keep the shoes I wear most often. I had stored the rest of my 200+ pairs in a spare bedroom in fileboxes, but out of sight is out of mind, so I was never wearing some pairs that I really liked and wanted to wear. I built freestanding adjustable shelves from plywood and used two by fours for the frame. Total cost was just a few dollars from a big box home improvement store. I can display most of my collection now, on 12 shelves holding about 8-10 pairs each. My wife is very grateful that I've cleaned up the mess and that I am now making better use of my long-term investment. I encourage everyone to take a cue from Heelguy and organize your collection. The chances are that you'll find shoes you forgot you have and would like to start wearing again! Steve

I wonder how many of you like to keep your heels neat

and how many of you keep the boxes they come in?

Nice collection you got there heelguy !

You are lucky for discovering heels at a younger age.

You will enjoy them much longer than most of us here !

(Lucky for me I did not start my collection at your age. My house would be full by now...)

I always keep my shoes and boots in the boxes they come in.

It takes a little bit more space but they are protected from dust (See picture here).