heelguy's adventures

heelguy

Heelguy –

I have been wearing boots and skirts in public for some time now and am comfortable doing it, but that comfort didn’t come quickly.

You may have the personality that allows you to easily wear a skirt and heels in public, but from reading your posts, it doesn’t sound like that is the case. My advice is to become more comfortable wearing heels in public. There will come a time when you forget what shoes you are wearing. Notice when that happens because it is a sign of your comfort level.

Only after you are very comfortable wearing heels should you venture out in a skirt. (If you had started with a skirt I’d offer the same advice about waiting to go out in heels.) Wearing a skirt is just as much of a rush as wearing heels and you should savor each new experience one at a time rather than overloading yourself with both at once. Shirting is also going to require just as much confidence (maybe more) than heeling so you should build up your supply by heeling then, when you have enough, add the skirt. The worst thing that can happen to you is to go out and have your confidence fail you.

One other word of caution I will offer to a new heeler, since you went out and had a great time, don’t become complacent. Until our style of dressing becomes more widely accepted, you should keep your guard up and be aware of how you are being received by others. There are some places I just won’t go wearing my boots because I know I won’t be accepted.

It did sound like you had a great time, and a supportive girl friend is all the better. If she is comfortable with your look, you might invite her to go with you when you’re out in heels.

Skin75 –

Its great to hear that there is another thigh boot wearer posting on this site. Please start a thread and let tell us more about your adventures.

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

Heelguy:-) That is some great advise imparted to you by TBG with a lot of thought and experience behind it and worthy of a bit of thinking on your part. We all want to see you become a successful public heeler and you should pick and choose when and where to maximize your heeling pleasures and don't become complacent with your surroundings. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

So tonight we had our very own little Un-official Melbourne "heel meet". Me, Malinheels and ShoeDre met up in fitzroy. I got there around 9o'clock and met up with ShoeDre first. The place we'd planned to go to was actually closed, so we walked across the road to a small bar and i grabbed a drink and we sat outside just chatting, then Mal turned up! Was great to meet the guys and be out with other people who enjoy the wonders of wearing high heels and being out in public not caring what people are thinking! We found a nice little bar/cafe with a band playing and ordered Coffee's. The lady serving us was really nice, and complimented ShoeDre on his amazing looking nails! She was also telling me how to pour good coffee's as i've recently started a new barrister job :wave: I noticed we were getting looks from alot of people in the cafe but 3 guys wearing high heels and two wearing skirts is bound to attract some attention, it just felt good to be around like minded people to share the experiance with! After the coffee's at the first cafe/bar we proceeded next door to a REALLY funky mellow bar with a very retro/classical feel to it and excentric people all around. The bar man had a very 50's slick back hair cut and ShoeDre even started up a conversation with a woman dressed straight outta the 1930's! Unofrtunately after one quick drink there i had to leave as my parking ticket was out of time :/ All in all it was a really good night and was good to finally put faces to usernames! haha, hope to do it again sometime and maybe brave it out in a skirt along with ShoeDre and Malinheels! Thanks to both of you guys for taking the time out of your night's to meet up and have a couple of drinks and good chats, until next time! Heelguy

Hey there heelguy yes it was agood evening & for a wednesday night i was surprised at how many people were out and about & socializing and as you stated it is good to put some faces to the to the usernames we see here on hhp & i wonder if we actually have had the first heel meet here in Melbourne . Some thing you left out heelguy when we went in to pay for our coffee's the guys started playing Lou Reeds Take awalk on the wild side which was probably fitting seeing 3 guys wearing high heels and two of them wearing skirts . As i've always been saying in my posts we had no trouble and we were seen by plenty of people & i'd have to say that most people seemed to be taken with the way that Shodrea was dressed his skirt which was a layered style along with his patterned stockings & pattent leather stillettos definatly caught some eyes & got some comments (good ones ) For me personally i think it was great that 3 guys can go out wearing heels & skirts and nobody made any fuss or treated us badly or made any off comments and it's nice to finally meet others like me who love wearing heels& skirts here in Melbourne . I look forward to doing it again & hopr that some others from Melbourne my want to join us Cheers malinheels:wavey:

heelguy -

It sounds like you had a great time and that my cautionary note was, although well intended, not needed. I don't do the bar scene but I have great respect for heelers that do. The band playing "Take a Walk on the Wild Side" was a really nice tribute. :)

My caution about becoming complacent is still something you (and your heeling companions) should guard against. It's too easy to start believing that everyone will not react negatively to a heeler.

By the way, who wasn't wearing a skirt? :wave:

I dream of a world where chickens can cross roads without having their motives questioned.

TBG - Unfortunately it was me who was not wearing a skirt :wave: although it was cold and only my second time out in heels, so the sensible choice of jeans was the one i took! It was a big difference going out to bars in the city at night to going out in a shopping center in the middle of the day, im not sure wether it was the company that made it alot easier, or wether the amount of other unique characters walking around made me feel alot more at ease wearing heels, but i definately found it alot harder in the shopping center. This could also be because that was my first time out in public in heels too. I can't help feeling like i want to go out in my heels again very soon and quite often, trying new things and hopefully at the next meet up of heeler's in melbourne i'll be wearing a skirt to compliment the heels too! I just want to wear my heels literally all of the time now, it actually makes me a little sad that circumstances mean i cant :/

I'm glad that I wasn't the only one having fun. I must admit, it's not such a big deal for me going out in heels. I kept forgetting I was wearing anything different at all. I'd be happy to go out again. The second place was very much to my liking. For everyone else here, it was a bar based on the late 20's, or early 30's period.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.

Hi heelguy you mentioned you were a little uncomfortable in your heels and i can simpathize with you but let me say the way you walked in your heels & the way you carried yourself you looked to me that you were at ease. The good old mind telling you things when from someone elses perspective you looked cool ,calm & collected cheers malinheels :wave:

Hi heelguy you mentioned you were a little uncomfortable in your heels and i can simpathize with you but let me say the way you walked in your heels & the way you carried yourself you looked to me that you were at ease. The good old mind telling you things when from someone elses perspective you looked cool ,calm & collected

cheers malinheels :wave:

Hi Mal, I was maybe apprehensive at the start, but didn't feel uncomfortable in my heels on wednesday night with you guys at all. It felt great to be out wearing my heels and to be honest i felt a little under-dressed with both you guys wearing your skirts! Very much looking forward to the next meet up so i can try out a skirt too!

Thanks for the compliments on the way i walked in my heels and the way i carried myself, i like to think i can strut it with the best of them in heels :)

on the way i walked in my heels and the way i carried myself, i like to think i can strut it with the best of them in heels :wave:

And the more you wear high heels in your public outings, the more confident and comfortable you will be.

And the more you wear high heels in your public outings, the more confident and comfortable you will be.

oh i plan to! I've definately caught the public heeling bug, I just wish i could do it everyday and night without a second thought! damn females being so lucky!! :wave:

• 3 weeks later...

Hey heelguy how you doin my man you haven't been posting have you been out & about and we need to go to that place i keep raving about the commercial hotel in Yarraville i'm planning on going not this saturday night but next maybe you want to come along cheers malinheels :wave:

hey mal! yea i haven't been on this past week because my girlfriend has been down from sydney for my birthday so i've been busy spending time with her and what not... nah nothing to write about, i also got a 3rd job so it's been a very busy week organising that to intergrate with my other 2 jobs! i might give the commercial a miss at the moment, bit far for me to travel, but maybe sometime soon we can get together in the city again?

Heelguy 3 jobs, when do you have time to scratch yourself let alone wear your heels Happy birthday did you celabrate in some special way ?? hows your g f have you shown her your heels or worn them in front of her yet. hope i'm not getting to personal, just interested and yaeh another evening in the city could be fun lets organize it soon cheers malinheels :wave:

Argh, i know right! it's so hard trying to balance shifts at all 3, i've pretty much given up on trying to organise any shifts at the one place, i just call them when i have a free day (which is never) to see if they need somebody to cover or something.. I actually had the 3rd job interview on my birthday and me and my gf went shopping and then my parents took us out to dinner in the evening, was very nice and relaxed :wave: My gf's good, we actually went to look at a couple of houses for us to live in while she was down here, really made it sink in that it's really going to happen and that sometime in the next year hopefully we'll be living together and not have this huge distance between us! :clap: I haven't shown her my heels in person or worn them infront of her, but i always show her pictures and talk to her about heels, maybe when i go to see her in August i might take a pair of heels and show her me in them if she's comfortable with that, if not no biggy.. just takes alot of time, which im cool with. Awesome! i'd really like another meet up in the city, it was fantastic being out and about with you and ShoeDre that night! i had great fun just being in heels and jeans, thinking about trying out a skirt next time, so yea let's organise one very soon! Today i had the overwhelming urge to buy a new pair of heels (which i tried to fight, but lost of course :)) My girlfriend actually has exactly the same pair and when i showed her she called us shoe twins! XD haha I tried them on in the Williams Store i bought them, luckily because i actually took them in one size smaller than i usually take! They are a Mushroom-Grey colour with an almost crocodile skin pattern and have a 13.5cm heel and a 2.5cm platform, Here's a few pics of them, hope you all like! :smile:

post-18000-133522918957_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522918962_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522918964_thumb.jpg

post-18000-13352291897_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522918973_thumb.jpg

What can I say? Very nice pair of plats. I wouldn't say these legs could belong to man if I hadn't seen them earlier on hhplace. You're lucky man. On the other hand living with gf/wife is a fantastic opportunity to know better each other. I hope it will be good time for both of you because sometime such decisions determine whole life and could be a test for your relationship. Take care.

These are really great shoes! I checked some websites where these manufacturer's shoes are beins sold but the sizes are too small for me. I'm really waiting for the time when all manufacturers will be making shoes in sizes 42/43 because it's really unfair to stop production at size 40. Even my girlfriend is angry when not every pair in size 40 fits her.

What can I say? Very nice pair of plats. I wouldn't say these legs could belong to man if I hadn't seen them earlier on hhplace. You're lucky man. On the other hand living with gf/wife is a fantastic opportunity to know better each other. I hope it will be good time for both of you because sometime such decisions determine whole life and could be a test for your relationship. Take care.

Thanks so much! :wave: i do like my legs and think they look great, if i was to criticise them myself though i would ask for them to be slimmer from and above the knee, but that's just me being picky! my girlfriend also says i have fantastic looking legs in heels! Yea we know living together will be the true test of our relationship, renting a place is really our only option as getting a mortgage so young could end badly if things were to go sour (which im sure they won't though)

These are really great shoes! I checked some websites where these manufacturer's shoes are beins sold but the sizes are too small for me. I'm really waiting for the time when all manufacturers will be making shoes in sizes 42/43 because it's really unfair to stop production at size 40. Even my girlfriend is angry when not every pair in size 40 fits her.

What size do you usually take? because like i said in these shoes i took one size smaller, and they had them in a size 41 in the store, which i would say would be more of a size 42 because of the big fit they have to them. So you might just be in luck! Im usually a 40 like your girlfriend, but these i bought in a 39, 40 just hung off my feet! which is unusual because i have other size 40's and they are a much tighter fit, even sometimes a little small, but alot of it also depends on the temperature of your feet. I find it alot easier to slip into my heels when my feet are warm, but when they're cold, i have a few pairs i have great difficulty getting into

So tonight i was having a little heart to heart with my girlfriend and i brought up the situatuon with me liking to wear high heels again as we hadn't spoken about it for a while, and i just wanted to touch base with her about how she's coping with it, what her feelings are about it and we're she's at with the whole thing. Well.. did i get a shock! A really really pleasant one! here is what she said.. "i had a little.. epiphany so to say, the other day and to be honest, it doesn't phase me anymore :wave: like i even want to see you actually wear them" My excitement as you can imagine was through the roof! i finally get to share a big passion of mine with the closest person to me in my life! :clap: I asked her what happened and what she was thinking during this epiphany and wether she would be comfortable going out in public with me while i was wearing high heels? She replied.. "Well it just hit me even more that this little quirk that you have is something that you like and that's never going to change and fact is, that there's even weirder and stranger things out there and this doesn't even come close :) I just feel so relieved now! Mmm i dont know about that just yet, however i'm not afraid of doing that with you" Could i have asked for a more perfect answer? what a girlfriend i've got! she is truely amazing! :smile::D

Could i have asked for a more perfect answer? what a girlfriend i've got! she is truely amazing! :wave::D

That's really good. You are one lucky. I wish you all the best and lets hope that you can use your heels out and about with your girlfriend soon.

Best regards, Stefan

Just catching up with the last several pages in your thread, including your adventurous trips to the mall, your letter to Payless, all very inspiring. You should be proud to be leading the way and at such a young age. I know I had nowhere near your confidence in my early 20's. Kudos to you. And congrats on the GF sounding very supportive of your heeling. You must be on cloud nine. :wave: And as others have said, those are some very awesome legs you have. Cheers

Argh, i know right! it's so hard trying to balance shifts at all 3, i've pretty much given up on trying to organise any shifts at the one place, i just call them when i have a free day (which is never) to see if they need somebody to cover or something..

I actually had the 3rd job interview on my birthday and me and my gf went shopping and then my parents took us out to dinner in the evening, was very nice and relaxed :wave: My gf's good, we actually went to look at a couple of houses for us to live in while she was down here, really made it sink in that it's really going to happen and that sometime in the next year hopefully we'll be living together and not have this huge distance between us! :clap:

I haven't shown her my heels in person or worn them infront of her, but i always show her pictures and talk to her about heels, maybe when i go to see her in August i might take a pair of heels and show her me in them if she's comfortable with that, if not no biggy.. just takes alot of time, which im cool with.

Awesome! i'd really like another meet up in the city, it was fantastic being out and about with you and ShoeDre that night! i had great fun just being in heels and jeans, thinking about trying out a skirt next time, so yea let's organise one very soon!

Today i had the overwhelming urge to buy a new pair of heels (which i tried to fight, but lost of course :)) My girlfriend actually has exactly the same pair and when i showed her she called us shoe twins! XD haha I tried them on in the Williams Store i bought them, luckily because i actually took them in one size smaller than i usually take! They are a Mushroom-Grey colour with an almost crocodile skin pattern and have a 13.5cm heel and a 2.5cm platform, Here's a few pics of them, hope you all like! :smile:

Damn, your legs are smoother than some women I know!

...snip...

Could i have asked for a more perfect answer? what a girlfriend i've got! she is truely amazing! :wave::D

Indeed you could not and it is a refreshing change to find your partner being so open minded.

One small word of advice, not that I wish to dampen your enthusiasm, take it steady, don't push too hard or it will backfire on you. Be subtle and let her take the lead for a while and see where it goes. It will make shopping trips together much more interesting as invariably a lady always likes a man who takes an interest in her standard passtime.

Good luck to you.

Simon.

Are you confusing me with someone who gives a damn?

• 2 weeks later...

I've found myself having alot of time off lately as i recently quit one of my job's as the latest job has allowed me to work half the days i was for the same and if not more pay. I woke up this morning wearing my gladiator heels as i fell asleep wearing them last night, i slipped on my high waisted rear zip skirt and went and got the mail in. I'd been going about my business browsing the internet, making myself breakfast and a coffee etc all in my heels and skirt. After all of this i decided i'd get out all of my heels and take a few pictures for you all to see the start of my collection. I know it's probably knowhere near as many pairs as some of you may have on here, but still living at home, i have to keep it relatively small as storage space is becoming slim to none! Here are the pictures in question for you all to gaze over and enjoy (hopefully!) How many pairs do you all have? and which are you're current favourites? Mine are my latest pair (the grey platforms)

post-18000-13352292071_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522920719_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522920721_thumb.jpg

hey heel guy :wave: your new grey plats look awsome, and you have one hell of a colection compared to me :smile: jus had a read back thro your thread (i havnt been on for a wile) sounds like theres a few of u guys in melbourne. it would be awsome to meet some one else up northen nsw qld way. atm ive only got 2 pairs of heels i got my pleaser platform boots and mary janes. atm my boots are my favs they look awsome under jeans :) and i like how tall they make u feel, even tho i dont need to be any taller lol. i wanna get more heels i see so many pairs out there i really like. but im worried about getting more as im moving to qld with a mate who dosnt kno i like heels. so im keeping it to a minimum till i can get more later on :) how many ppl are on her that live in austrailia?? ive only seen a couple of us on here as ive been lurking. it would be cool to meet up with u guys if i got the chance some day :P and wow u guys are brave to go out in heels and a skirt. ive worn heels in public but im very shy about it ive always gone some where, where i kno no one will be around and i like to wear jeans that cover as much of my heel as possible :clap: i freak out jus goin in the back yard some times lol.

wild for plats :silly:

• 2 weeks later...

HELLO AGAIN! Unfortunately, due to the unique way this website's rules are set out, i got myself banned for 10 whole days, but im back! :D There's not much to report lately to be honest, I re-visited the shopping center i went to on my first ever proper daylight public outing wearing my black sort of snake-skinish pumps i got from payless there. I was abit nervous driving there in my car, but once i got there, i slipped my heels on and just walked straight in with my head held high. It was actually pretty busy compared to the last time i went, but it didn't phase me.. I went straight into payless shoes to see if the girl who helped me in there last time was working and to have a look around but she wasn't. Although, the woman who was working there this time around came over and offered her assistance, i said hii, no thankyou im fine just looking for now. To which she smiled and walked away. Now, i thought instantly that she would'av noticed my choice of footwear, but seems she didn't as when i walked to the middle of the shop she came over to me with her eyes wide open and said in a pleasantly shocked voice "you're wearing a pair of our shoes!! omg! they look amazing! are they comfy?! i can't even stand in them!" This was my FIRST ever compliment whilst out in my heels and it felt amazing to be out in them at that very moment :) i then asked if they got the company newsletter in which my email was meant to have been spoken about, she said to me "ohh that was you?! that was soo nice of you to email in and say those nice things!" She then showed me the company newsletter, to which i was abit dissapointed that it simply read that the woman who served me "gave A CUSTOMER great service and made them feel extremely comfortable and welcome". I said to the woman who was working there that it's a shame it fails to point out the fact that im a boy! to which she agreed but said the other girl was soo pleased about the whole thing. Anyway i wanted to have a look around the whole center so i told the lady i was chatting to that i was gunna have a look around and that i'd be back abit later. I walked through the center feeling full of confidence, nothing was going to stop me today, it was fantastic :D i went to a coffee shop and grabbed a coffee, i was getting looks from everybody, left right and center, but whoever i caught looking, i just looked them straight in the eyes asif to say "yea, they're high heels... so what?" i was having such fun! haha I walked through the center with my heels on my feet, coffee in my hand and browsing through all of the shops. Some looks, but most of the people shopping weren't concerned with what was on my feet.. As i was in one store though, i saw two middle aged guys outside the store, tradesman looking type, both looking in my direction and making a laugh and a joke about me im assuming.. but hey, atleast i brought some joy to their day! :) By this time it'd been about an hour and a half walking around on a slippery solid hard floor in my (not the most comfortable) high heels, and innevitably my feet and legs were starting to hurt, so i headed back to payless shoes. I was one shop away from the store when a young couple around my age walked past and i heard the guy mumble to his girlfriend under his breath "WTF?!" I was still in high spirits from having such a good, comfortable, relaxed time shopping in my heels, so nothing could bother me right now! I walked back into payless to which i was greeted with a smile from the woman working.. "im back :)" i said, she then helped me pick out a pair of flats as i wanted some for when i was out in my heels and i physically cannot walk in them anymore, but still want the lovely feeling women's shoes have on my feet. I wasn't really too fussed with the design or style of them, aslong as they weren't pointy toed and fitted me well, i was happy. I tried some on and decided on a pair, then asked her if she needed to scan them or if i could wear them out. She only needed to scan the box so i stood up in them, put my heels in my bag and walked to the counter to pay. I chatted with her some more, said thankyou and goodbye and walked straight to my car, i then drove home wearing my brand new flats :rose: It was such a nice day! i cant wait to do it again very soon. I'll post some pictures of my new flats at the end of this post. I'm doing the 10hour drive to see my girlfriend again in 2weeks time, im only going for 3night, but im taking my grey heels with me (she has the same pair and is bringing them too) and it'll be the first time she's seen me wearing high heels. She's also been thinking of places we can go both wearing our heels, i said that there's no pressure to go out in public with me wearing high heels, but if she feels comfortable and confident doing that then we will, so im super excited about that! :D Hope i didn't ramble on...

post-18000-133522921407_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522921416_thumb.jpg

post-18000-133522921418_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Congrats on getting out there and having a go. I tend to go out later when its darker or during the day in a remote county road where, in both cases, there is less people around. I don't have the guts yet to go out in other cases. Your jeans with those classic heels is just such a classic look. Your heel collection is in just great taste.