POLL: Would You Quit Heeling If You Could

larkofam

Guys, Would You Quit Heeling If You Could?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Guys, Would You Quit Heeling If You Could?

• Yes
    • No

G'day, Heelsrule,

We want to see Tassy on the next trip, but with the AUD so strong against the USD now is hardly the time for playing tourist there. On our first trip in 2001 the AUD was under $0.50US. That was a travel bargain!

I'm the only Yank I know of that loves Vegemite, Slim Dusty, and wearing high heels! LOL Hope we can meet up someday!

Steve

haha, Slim was a great guy and singer, but not my kind of music. Spent a number of years in Tassie myself, where I went to uni. Word of warning, Tasmanians are very conservative and will not be so welcoming of men in heels, especially regional areas.

The dollar is making a few things difficult, but unfortunately when the country is the main supplier of coal and iron ore to the world among other minerals the little Aussie battler is therefore strongly linked to commodity prices. Ironically when GFC struck, the Aussie was dumped in a big way, yet we were the only developed western economy not to have a recession.

• 3 months later...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all honestly, I wouldn't know. If I did, me and my mom would be the best of friends without her having to convince me to stop liking heels so much. I probably would be better at managing my own money as well. Then again, Im also a gamer.... But if I didn't like heels, I wouldn't be where I am now or have the support I have (friends, at the moment), nor would I be here. I'd probably be causing havoc here..... *Bad thought, Bad thought* I also wouldn't have a goal for later in life. In all honesty, I feel like... heeling is one goal. Attending a fetish event is another. Hanging out with my friends in heels... a goal I must accomplish someday. It's tough. I couldn't vote at this moment.

Formally "HHDude"

I have always worn some type of high heeled footwear all of my adult life and will continue to do so until I am physically unable to do so or until my days in this life have ended. But there was a time in my life when I was younger and before I was married that I did so many different activities and my job, that wearing high heels, especially feminine high heels in public, was on my list but maybe not number one on my list of things to do. Now that I don't do as many activities as I used to do, and I also have a greater appreciation of the different styles of high heels to own and wear, and now I really don't care at all what people think of me when they see me wearing high heels in public. No, I will not quit wearing high heels and I have a greater appreciation now of wearing high heels.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't get this question, why would you want to give up something you love, obviously I have a distorted point of view because I adore wearing them and the physical appearence of them. Can't understand why you would carry on wearing them if you actually did want to give it up.

High heels are the shoes I choose to put on, respect my choice as I repect yours.

I really don't get this question, why would you want to give up something you love, obviously I have a distorted point of view because I adore wearing them and the physical appearence of them. Can't understand why you would carry on wearing them if you actually did want to give it up.

I could not agree more with you there.

Almost seems like and odd question to me but I can see how someone who hasn't come to turns with it and hasn't the confidence to just be what they are would want to not have that thing pecking their head. I have been through periods when I wished I didn't have such an attraction to them because I was so embarrased by it and dreaded the thought of anyone seeing me in heels or even knowing that I liked to wear them (..the amount of shoes I've owned that got binned off because I couldn't cope with it and wanted them out of my life but always end up buying some more a few weeks later..). I'm still not confident enough to go out in heels but I've been talking to friends and just TALKING about it brings me such relief. So far, both of the 2 friends I have been talking about it to the most (both female) have said really nice things about the shoes I have and shoes I want - even to the point of saying they are jealous. So things are looking up. And finding this place has also helped enormously! It's so nice being able to share these experiences and knowing you're not the only one.

I have been through periods when I wished I didn't have such an attraction to them...

That's true, sometimes it's felt like a curse and sometimes like a blessing. Really the "curse" side is just a reaction to social prejudice and expectation we've been conditioned to. It takes a lot of soul-searching to overcome that and recognise that it has the power to make you a better person and not just eat you up inside.

...I've been talking to friends and just TALKING about it brings me such relief. So far, both of the 2 friends I have been talking about it to the most (both female) have said really nice things...

It's so cool that you've found some accepting and supportive friends, and maybe your heeling makes you a better friend to them too. I think sharing it can help to make us less self-absorbed about the whole thing.

And finding this place has also helped enormously! It's so nice being able to share these experiences and knowing you're not the only one.

I'll certainly echo that.

On reflection, not only would I not quit heeling, but if I could rewind and live my life again I'd keep the heeling too (and I wouldn't have thought that a few years ago).

If you like it, wear it.

This passion for wearing high heels has been with me for as long as I can remember, and yes some times it does feel like a curse due to the ammount of arguments it has caused over the years by asking my wife to wear hers. The final solution is that if she won't wear hers I will wear mines, she doesnt know, anyway mine are higher.:silly:

• 2 weeks later...

If i could? Yes i would. But i can't, so i stopped even trying and started to accept it is who i am. Had some help from a few amazing female friends though. :silly: One even told me i am myself now. :unsure:

About 1,5 years later i've since my previous reply, and I changed my mind. I think I can stop if I wanted to. I also think I don't want to stop. I just love heels and thats that. :-?

Legs777777 I am the same! I love wearing them and will never stop now. I have tried too many times and threw away to many nice heels when I was frustrated. I now have a wife that allows me to wear heels at home - when we drive and attend heel mets with some great people here. I am what I am and love it. My only issue now is that my knees are giving me problems and I have to watch wearing heels on stairs. Have fun Bernheels

Interesting question. For me, I would NOT want to stop. I find it a fascinating adventure and part of my life journey that I am most excited about experimenting with, coming to terms with, manage it wisely- not taking crazy risks (hurting family relationships, etc.) but not missing opportunities either. Questions like this cause my brain to try to come up with all the possible causes I can. I guess someone might want to quit doing something they feel compelled or very interested in doing if: a. They really felt "logically" it has more disadvantages in their lives than advantages, but they still have trouble stopping. b. If it's clearly a damaging habit/ addiction (alcohol, & many other addictions I guess) c. If they love it, but it periodically causes great pain in their lives. d. If they really think it is WRONG somehow. Morally, culturally, means they are weird, etc. I have recently read a lot about the MANY gender expectations & pressures in our culture today (at least in most of USA). I am coming to think there are infinite combinations many different dimensions of gender. There is more variety among men & women than difference BETWEEN men & women on many dimensions, so our M or F frameworks in life can cause a lot of trouble. Actually, I read a couple fascinating books on transgender issues (party to get more insight into myself, since I think I'm a little more feminine than the average guy in certain ways. FASCINATING BOOKS! Anyway, I concluded that if wearing heels satisfies me like it does, I am VERY lucky that I have such a mild & relatively socially acceptable and easy to manage issue!! There are many that have bigger gender desires/ longings, and there is nothing wrong with any of them, but they are likely to face certain obstacles & heartaches in our society. Can't we just appreciate the fascinating variety of strengths & preferences that are naturally occurring all around us? e. Maybe also if their heart & mind are not together regarding heels: > If someone felt, Logically it's fine that I love heels, but I just don't feel right, so want to stop. or, > Logically it seems a bad idea, but my emotions and feelings thrive when I wear heels. It's so disconcerting I wish I could stop. f. If they are uncomfortable being "different". I find that being "differentiated" is very good in life. You can find a unique job, unique life, and find your own unique path if you are DIFFERENT than others. The alternative, being too normal, might be like being a commodity product. Who cares, you are just like everybody else!

b2please,

Thank you for your post above and the effort, insight, and research you put into it. Regarding the reasons related to a "habit" or "addiction," I can relate to this concerning another period in my life, not that many years ago.

I used to smoke a brier pipe several years ago, but have since quit. When I smoked a pipe, especially in public, it was not uncommon seeing people smoke cigarettes in public, but you didn't see that many people smoking a pipe in public. The only reason I mention this is that some of the "looks and reactions" I got from people seeing me smoking my pipe in public, I can equate to the "looks and reactions" I get from people now when they see me wearing high heels in public.

I quit smoking a pipe for many reasons, but especially for personal health reasons. And some of those reasons I can equate to the bullets in your post above. But as far as wearing high heels and wearing high heels in public, I looked at each of the bullets in your post and could not answer yes to them. Yours is a good post and for those reasons, I will not quit heeling and heeling in public, and I will enjoy every moment when I do.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and insights.

Bernheels I thought I was the only one who had thrown away so many nice pairs of high heels. Now I have a girlfriend that does not mind me wearing them in the bedroom! She really loves the 7.5 inch boots with a 4 inch platform, the stretchable knee highs. And it is so awesome that both of us wear women's size 9 (US). So we do have a little collection of a few pairs that we both wear, some she just wears, and the boots just for me. And yes, why stop now! Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey - I finally set up my photobucket and figured out how to post here. I have many more if you are interested!

Thanks for the feedback!

Bernheels

I just checked you have a fantastic collection there.

I just wish that I could aford to inport some of the fab shoes here to me but the postage here to me is to high.

Like to see some more pic's.

About 1,5 years later i've since my previous reply, and I changed my mind. I think I can stop if I wanted to. I also think I don't want to stop. I just love heels and thats that. :smile:

I could not agree more. I've tried twice to stop in my life and have only come back stronger. Since as long as I could remember, I've liked woman's shoes and from the time I could fit into the other girls shoes as a kid, to my mothers heels a little later, to buying my first pair, and quitting (only temporarily :D) because of fear from my ex-girl friend.

Now I've come back only stronger in my like and appreciation, and now I have a girl friend who encourages me to buy them and wear them.

Men: Never ask a woman to wear a pair that you wouldn't! :silly: ~HnH83~