POLL: Would You Quit Heeling If You Could

larkofam

Guys, Would You Quit Heeling If You Could?  

258 members have voted

1. 1. Guys, Would You Quit Heeling If You Could?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After all of the years and pleasure that I have invested into this high heel hobby, and now you want me to quit? You have got to be kidding. No way, Jose! It is a part of me to this day and always wll be. When they put me into the box, I will still be thinking about wearing high heels. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Just to clarify... I don't want anyone to quit... I don't want to quit... we can't quit! I know it as well as anyone else does... I was just asking on account of I know it is a little unusual and may cause issues with family and friends, etc... so all I was asking was if this were not wired into our brains would you quit and why or why not... I myself answered no because I love heels and how I feel in them... I hope I have not offended anyone by asking this.

larkofam, I think it was a perfectly legitamate question to ask. It's questions like this that make us all think and it's very interesting to see the response. It helps us se that there are so many of us who are unwilling to give up something that is a part of who we are. Sometimes it helps to have people to talk to and share experiences with and it's asking questions like this that promote conversations that will undoubtedly help someone. This is supposed to be a place where we can feel comfortable to be ourselves and help others to do the same. Cheers and happy heeling! NH Heels

Back when I was with my ex and sneaking around in them, maybe. Now, there's no way. I wear whatever heels I want whenever I want, and am blessed with the love of a woman who doesn't mind what I have on my feet. If you asked if I'd quit buying the damn things if I could... :cry1:

When questions like this one are presented, I wonder what the answer would be should the circumstances of men in heels were just as common as women in heels. Here in the HHP forum where those of us who are looking for those with the same tendencies we have to wear high heels, you are going to find an almost unanimous voice to never even consider the idea of discontinuing the activity of their heeling inclinations. Once heeling is part of the common social scene and all men have the choice to wear heels, I'm certain the numbers will level to around the same percentage that women are heeling. Coincidently, there is the movement to be more trim for better health. Those that succeed in this area will probably be the ones who will be more apt in wanting the trimming look that high heels are known for once heels are worn by both men and women. So much to look forward for. Why would I even consider the risk of looking like an unhealthy person and quit wearing high heels?

I would quit if i could as easier to live with but i never could as wearing them is the most exciting and thrilling thing in my life 10 times more powerful than smoking which iwas able to give up four months ago but this i never will, i could chuck all my shoes out but the moment im at a party and go toilet only to find womens shoes in the bathroom ill be wearing them.

Hmmm, how apt. I have deliberatly not worn heels for the past three weeks, trying to give it up. While I love wearing heels it has unfortunately been a guilty pleasure as I never confided in my other half, therefore my heels are hidden away and my 'heeling' is restricted to when she is out! So, I figured I should try to go without to see if I really needed them. Now, all I want to do more than ever is slip on my knee or thigh high boots, not for any devious reason other than I enjoy wearing them! But, I am going to abstain completely until the new year to see how things go! Basically, I love wearing heels, hate having to have it as a secret, I'm fairly sure my other half would be ok after a while, but am worried it will still effect our relationship! So, I could and may stop wearing heels, but not because I want to, more because I need to!

• 2 weeks later...

the hardest part of this whole heeling business for me is keeping it from my loved ones... this is a part of me... I have always loved heels and have recently accepted that I am not going to change... but keeping it from my loved ones? it is very rough on me and it saddens me that society has more or less made this necessary, for to them, "Real Men" don't wear high heels, but to me Real Men wear heels and men who wear high heels have more "manhood" than men who don't :cry1:.

OMG, I can't imagine life without heels on my feet and in my closet. It is part of me and I love that part of me and I won't ever try to change that(I did purge once and was so unhappy, and lost some nice shoes too). I would rather try to change the publics view of men in heels if that's possible. If I were able(more brave) I'd wear heels as often as possible. Love it and won't give it up no way :cry1: I wonder who here would give it up. I feel even better since joining all the other heel lovers here. You are all great people and I pat you all on the back. Happy New Year to you all !

• 3 weeks later...

Very Interesting and id love to know how you get on and if its possible to abstain indefinately its one of the hardest things to do please let me know how you get on and any mini failures u may have

HeelsForMen, I tried but am / have failed. I still have not worn heels since I posted the entry in this thread, but I have just ordered two new pairs if boots - a pair of over the knee (thigh) boots from Aldo, the style is called Cassetty, they are flat so will be my every day shoes! The other pair are knee high boots from Jimmy Choo, style Orchid! They look amazing and I can't wait for them to arrive, I'm a bit worried they are going to be to narrow though! Well, if I'm going to fall if the wagon (again) I might as well do it in style!

I can honestly say I gave tried to give up, I have removed all temptation etc etc, but I'm now more convinced than ever, heel wearing is in us, not something we can choose but something we should ENJOY.

I'm still not going to wear heels until my new boots arrive though!

the hardest part of this whole heeling business for me is keeping it from my loved ones... this is a part of me... I have always loved heels and have recently accepted that I am not going to change... but keeping it from my loved ones? it is very rough on me and it saddens me that society has more or less made this necessary, for to them, "Real Men" don't wear high heels, but to me Real Men wear heels and men who wear high heels have more "manhood" than men who don't :blinkbigeyes:.

larkofam, I totally understand your position as I sm in exactly the sane situation, I love heels but can't find it in myself to confide in my family. Hence I tried to give up, but as above have failed.

Good luck with your situation, I hope it works out for you.

Thighboots:-) You are right that liking and wearing heels is in our very being and can't be denied and you can't stop it no matter how hard you try. Glad to see that you have a couple of pairs of boots on order. Let us all know just what happens when you start wearing them out and about. Cheers--- Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

Let's see here. As a male, I have always had the desire to wear certain feminine footwear, with stilettos becoming one of the main specifications over the years. Unless the shoes are low to flat heels, then tapered heels seem more appropriate. This desire has become increasingly poignant, possibly because of the fact society has been against my choice to wear them, openly. Had I been afforded the opportunity to exhibit my desire to wear heels as society has given women the approval, perhaps my heeling would not have seemed so extreme and I would have been able to focus more on other matters of the world, of science, of humanity, and/or etc. Instead, I felt the need to build defenses against those who denied my ability to desire the wearing of socially promoted "feminine" footwear. Now, this didn't totally wipe out my personal or social achievements, for I am not without success. However, the greater potential has been compromised, at least as I see it. How many more potentials have met a comparable end? Since I see the activity of heeling to be a matter of personal choice and not the business of others, no one else has the right to negate my space whether they agree or else. This desire is so strong that I have been and I am willing to defy the traditional male stereotype of today. Of course, society has labeled me in the lines of fetishist for heeling in public, when all I wanted was to put on the footwear I have chosen out of being me. Would I quit if I could? I've had most of the opportunities the world has to offer, even to the point of a walking disablility, but wearing heels helped me to overcome this physical infirmity.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

No, I won't quit heeling if I could. I feel so natural and comfortable in heels now that I sometimes forget I'm wearing them (this is happening with 3" up to 4" heels). I know I will be more and more unable to quit heeling because I feel more and more uncomfortable without heels. I even tend to tip-toe without thinking of it when I'm barefooted. That makes me fear next summer because I still haven't found summer footwear other than ballerina flats that suits my style, and I haven't the guts to wear pumps or sandals outside yet.

I like to think about this question in reverse. If I could, would I quit wearing conventional men's shoes? For instance, keep my sneakers in a locker at the gym, and keep only a pair of dress shoes at home and have only heels for regular attire. I strive to have that as an option someday. -MJ

It is a rather silly question really and a waste of bandwidth... lol

I completely disagree, as my penchant for heels was my ex's primary reason behind her exodus. She was my best friend, but couldn't reconcile the issue with her "sensibilities." If the issue hadn't existed in the first place, I would in all liklihood still be with my best friend of more than 14 years.

Those who really care about us don't make a fuss about what we wear. Those who make a fuss about what we wear really don't care about us.

• 1 month later...

i dont know maybe i would quit wearing them but the i would all be boring :smile: wearing them is in me and i wont stop wearing them i cant wait to move out from my parents place and have my own place to wear heels all day :)