Another "anti-heel" story in the Daily Mail

euchrid

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1230181/Girl-16-killed-slipping-train-platform-ran-alongside-moving-carriage-high-heels.html

It's a tragic story obviously - but quite why the Daily Mail needs to add such a bull***t angle to it is anybody's guess.

They definately seem to have some sort of 'heel' fetish going on at that paper. So many of their stories highlight the high heel aspect or make unnecessary mention of heels. That's aside from the "stories" they print which are based on nothing else at all other than the "Posh wears stilettos in the cinema shocker!" variety.

A few weeks ago they featured that story about the two drunken morons (in Cardiff IIRC) picking on a couple of dress-wearing cage fighters & getting thumped. The paper mentioned how the cage fighters "tottered away on their heels" yet the CCTV footage (accompanying the story) showed that they were only wearing trainers. Total BS again from the Mail.

Just what is their constant fixation I wonder!?!

Always High-Heel Responsibly

No it isn't. The daily mail is a paper for middle aged tory spinsters who would tut at the fact that women wear heels to a farm. One thing it is not is a sensationalist rag unless you count the times it seeks to stir up right wing indignation.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

And yet another one...Although much more tragic than the others. My condolences to her family and friends.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Megan-Moore-Girl-Dies-After-Falling-Under-Train-At-Angmering-Station-West-Sussex/Article/200911415463845?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15463845_Megan_Moore%3A_Girl_Dies_After_Falling_Under_Train_At_Angmering_Station%2C_West_Sussex

Yet another article showing the biased journalistic talents in the world today.

I personally doubt that her choice of footwear had anything to do with her death. My money's on foot placement. I wasn't there but believe she may have simply placed a foot between the train and the platform. The article states she was trying to tap on the train's window, while running along side, as it pulled away. She was probably reaching out her arm and running directly along the gap. A single mis-step is all it would take. Truly tragic.

"Heels aren't just for women anymore!!" Happy Heeling! Shoeiee

And yet another one...Although much more tragic than the others. My condolences to her family and friends.

http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/UK-News/Megan-Moore-Girl-Dies-After-Falling-Under-Train-At-Angmering-Station-West-Sussex/Article/200911415463845?lpos=UK_News_Carousel_Region_2&lid=ARTICLE_15463845_Megan_Moore%3A_Girl_Dies_After_Falling_Under_Train_At_Angmering_Station%2C_West_Sussex

Yet another article showing the biased journalistic talents in the world today.

I personally doubt that her choice of footwear had anything to do with her death. My money's on foot placement. I wasn't there but believe she may have simply placed a foot between the train and the platform. The article states she was trying to tap on the train's window, while running along side, as it pulled away. She was probably reaching out her arm and running directly along the gap. A single mis-step is all it would take. Truly tragic.

This is it exactly. Her slip probably had nothing to do with wearing high heels. I guess I just don't understand the negativity toward high heels in all of these articles?:cry1: