Heretic! Stone him!

Waisted_Giraffe

All, Light the blue touch paper and retire to a safe distance. Here's one to get your bile and vitriol flowing........ I am tentative in writing this BUT I find that I am not bowled over by either Christian Louboutin or Jimmy Choo shoes; this is not to say that I don't find any of their shoes attractive but can't quite see where such a fascination comes from. I do, as you may have understood, find Vivienne Westwood designs truely fantastic; personally find the typical double curve of the heel cup into heel shaft, platforms and modified toe box shapes truly fantastic. Please enlighten me to the reasons why they are considered so wonderful that people are drawn to spending quite so much. I work in a design industry and understand good / interesting design but feel lost here. I'll leave you to comment as necessary............! R

It's a matter of taste. Some people hate them, some like them and others love them so much that they just have to have a pair. Each to their own.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Dr Shoe said it all: It's a matter of taste. For example I adore YSL and Louboutin but I just can't stand Jimmy Choo shoes and I really don't understand what's so great about them. Well, it's a good thing we all have different kinds of shoes that makes us go bananas :cry1: It makes everything a lot more interesting IMO.

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com

Big D,

I also work in the design industry and to a degree understand what you are saying.

Personally I'm into styles and colours which can go in and out of fashion, i think i would get bored of the same pair of shoes all the time.

I do love Louboutins though for their sheer classic beauty, somehow they are so well crafted and have that subtle detailing which makes them so attractive. Would I spend a weeks wages on a pair though? No. The other reason I wouldn't spend so much on a pair of shoes is that as a man who enjoys wearing heels for at most an hour I wouldn't get the benefit of them.

So given £400 I would rather buy 8 pairs of fashion heels than 1 pair of designer.

Possibly my next purchase

http://www.next.co.uk/shopping/women/shoesandboots/7/13

Dr Shoe said it all: It's a matter of taste.

For example I adore YSL and Louboutin but I just can't stand Jimmy Choo shoes and I really don't understand what's so great about them.

Well, it's a good thing we all have different kinds of shoes that makes us go bananas :cry1: It makes everything a lot more interesting IMO.

I too love YSL and Louboutin and have never identified with Jimmy Choo shoes. But I'm sure there are others that feel the opposite. To each their own.

I have particular taste and prefer certain styles. If I perceive a designer such as YSL, Louboutin, Blahnik, Choo, and etc., has a pair of heels that makes me really want them, then I do some research at the closest establishments available to determine my next step. Most of the time, designer footwear doesn't appeal to me, infact most of them are more repulsive.

Haha, funny to see that other people think Jimmy Choo is overrated. GF loves them, I say there is nothing to them they look like twigs assembled together without substance, she says that is because they are well built and light as air. Well I guess the wearer benefits from those aspects more than the observer. Louboutin just has this sleek look that I find the best, YSL sometimes too but they are sometimes too chunky in appearance.

Haha, don't get me wrong, I like substance to the shoe, like I said I really don't care for Jimmy Choo, but something about the YSL seems like it is uneven. The pink shoe in your avatar is what I would consider ideally "chunky."

Thanks! I really love my pink darlings :cry1:

“Sometimes you have to sacrifice your performance for high heels” www.heelsoholic.com