In trouble for dangling.

barbara

Today I got a visit today from the office manager. Seems that my shoe dangling is causing a distraction for a certain unnamed male co-worker.I was told this person couldnt concentrate on his work watching me slide my heels on and off.I was not doing this intentionly but with some shoes it just come naturally. I might have to start wearing lace up shoes.

That's crazy that the office manager thinks they can tell you to stop dangling your shoe!! Keep doing it if that's what you do!! I think the pointy toe of your shoe should be aimed swiftly at the manager for that kind of cheek. Besides, if this guy really is getting that distracted, surely he could be moved to another part of the office? I like dangling my shoes or slipping my feet out of them from time to time, especially if my feet get hot - a lot of times, as you say, it just happens without thinking about it. Of course, it is also fun to do just a tiny little bit of teasing, isn't it? :cry1:

Is your coworker a child? If he can't cause himself not to be distracted, then he should seek help. And your manager should not have talked to you but instead told your coworker to grow up and told him that if he cannot concentrate at the task at hand, maybe he ought to find a new job.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually you need to turn the tables on both the male employee and the HR person and complain that you believe you are the victim of sexual harassment. After all you are obviously working with an individual with a foot or shoe fetish! :cry1: Who knew? OMG the HR person has opened a real can of worms here for him/herself. BTW be sure to dress otherwise rather conservatively, no clevage and no short skirts. Princess

• 2 weeks later...

I had a similar problem a while back and I mean years , I ended up buying a pair of ankle strap heels and didnt have any problems cause I think we do that kind of stuff without knowing it . Any more I usually wear ankle strapped heels cause I am also into bondage so I guess its win/win >>>

• 1 year later...

Ridiculous. You may want to talk to your HR as it sounds like discrimination--why should you be the one to adjust b/c he can't handle himself? It's not like you're clicking your heels against your desk or doing something loud. He could grow up and focus on his work, there's an idea for him... :smile:

Get a pair of 5 inch heels with a padlock, wear some fishnet stockings and maybe they won't slip on and off but watch him get distracted. Sheryl

LOL! I love this! These that I posted on another discussion (someone looking for padlocks for heels) would do the trick. Haha, thanks for the laugh Dancer Girl!

Peeptoe heels are my passion... and flexibility: www.Flexines.net

Wow....that's Crazy to get on to you about dangling. Let them walk around in heels all day. Women dangle shoes to take pressure off their toes...not to distract men. We do it unconsciously. I didn't realize men even paid any attention to that until I met my boyfriend and he loves it. I don't think it's fair to bring it to your attention. The coworker should do his work and not look at your feet. To be honest if he's distracted by dangling, he's going to be distracted by your shoes and feet no matter what you wear or do.

One time I was attending a dance party and I wore a pair of knee high fur lined boots with 3.5" heels. The heels tired me out quickly and I knew such high heels would. I had prepared for it by wearing a pair of thick pantyhose and a pair of thick wool socks inside my boots for padding to try to make the heels less tiring. I sat and rested my feet during the party and since my boots, socks and pantyhose combination got a bit hot, I unzipped my boots but left them on. Some girls got upset at me for that as they said their bfs kept on staring at me dangling my boots ...... strange but true. Thus I guess some guys do have this fascination of girls clothes about to fall off. We are after all, just talking about footwear falling off, it is not as if our skirt is about to fall off ......

Yes, One thing I've learn is that men are extremely specific to Exactly what they like. They tend to go for a specific body part that turns them on more than the the body as a whole. Men are definitely more visual than women!