Fashion for the handicapped

barney15c

I don't think it is either, its just a matter of what you think about it. As I have visited amputee sites in the past there are women who are amputees who still want to appear in heels. Something like this would make it possible. I once worked with a woman who was wheel-chair bound yet on some occasions she would wear heels. Let us not become too narrowly focused to allow for other viewpoints.

So if your disabled youre not allowed to look sexy or have the aids to wear whatever you like? I often see a girl on fetishparties who's in a wheelchair but loves to go out in a latex catcuit. Why not???

My username changes every now and then on here. God knows why.

It is not distasteful or misguided.

I agree with Chantal: Everyone got the right to look good or sexy if they want to.

I see nothing wrong about it but maybe it is best suited for someone in a wheelchair...

Dawn HH :-)

Since the links doesn't work for you, see below a picture from that website:

post-14338-133522896341_thumb.jpg

I think it's kind of great in a way. There was a model who had a pair of beautifully carved wooden legs that ended with high heels and looked absolutely stunning.

Graduate footwear designer able to advise and assist on modification and shoe making projects.

Reminds me of this...

"is this man injured?" :chuckle:

Very funny video except for the part when the host said that "French people eats onions...etc"

At least he didn't say "French speaking people", which I am...

OK. Now back to the topic of high heels and fashion...

Long ago I saw a video clip about woman who lost her both legs. She has several prothesis and she said that in the morning she chooses if she want't to be 6 feet 2 inch or 5 feet 8 inch. And other non-handicapped said to her: NOT FAIR!!! And her prothesis legs looked 100 % perfect.

My impression of the article is those are not shoes for the handicapped. They're shoes made of orthopedic-looking materials as an exploration into design. For instance, the white boots made to look like a leg cast aren't something a person with a broken ankle would wear -- what about the other foot? Are they rigid? Removable?

Not in the slightest; just because someone has lost a limb or does not necessarily look "normal", should they hide themselves / always use a wheelchair, not to "offend" the close minded general public? of course not. An exploration of how to create both functional and attractive prosthetics can only be a move in the right direction. Aimee Mullins, see any search engine, had her lower legs amputated as a baby and is now a model, athlete and actress (probably whom Allu(M) was referring to) who has many prosthetic legs with varying heel heights, as well as some cool looking carbon fibre running legs (also see Oscar Pistorius). Sorry, I'll step down off my soapbox. R

I think we have a consensus that an amputte or handicapped person should be able to wear sexy shoes and high heels that are made for them and if they are able to do so. I used to work with a woman who was in a car accident and she was confined to a wheel chair. Prior to the accident, she wore high heels all of the time. When confined to the wheel chair, she still would wear high heels (she had to purchase a larger size she told me) just because she always thought high heels were sexy and fun to wear.

From a design perspective I think the shoes are amazing. I love then all. I'm amazed at how some people see things. It's only fashion showing a little dark humour. Thanks for the Youtube of Alan Partridge... That's one of British TV's classic moments.

So if your disabled youre not allowed to look sexy or have the aids to wear whatever you like?

I often see a girl on fetishparties who's in a wheelchair but loves to go out in a latex catcuit. Why not???

Definitely! She should get an A just for the effort of getting into the thing!