Going higher, what changes as you increase your heel height?

Alex

What do you have to change when you increase your heel height from say 4" to 5", 5" to 6", and 6" to 7"? I imagine a person's walking pattern changes and center of balance is different than they were at the lower height.

I wish I was a size 10

My stride changes. The higher the heel, the shorter my steps. Also, higher heels make me more conscious of what I'm walking on. Higher heels require more stable ground. As an example, I would look for alternative paths when obstacles present themselves. These obstacles would be things like ice, downward slopes, broken concrete, pebbles, etc. And higher heels affect endurance. The higher the heel, the shorter the distance I walk.

click .... click .... click .... The sensual sound of stiletto heels on a hard surface.

• 2 weeks later...

That says it all for me.

My stride changes. The higher the heel, the shorter my steps.

Also, higher heels make me more conscious of what I'm walking on. Higher heels require more stable ground. As an example, I would look for alternative paths when obstacles present themselves. These obstacles would be things like ice, downward slopes, broken concrete, pebbles, etc.

And higher heels affect endurance. The higher the heel, the shorter the distance I walk.

Hello, :wave: my name is Hoverfly. I’m a high heel addict…. Weeeeeeeeeee!  👠1998 to 2022!

I think the same applies to me too, for the most part. However, I will walk any distance in any height heels (that I own). Mainly because whatever I wear I'll probably be going to college or town, which is always the same walking distance. And I don't mind this. Since most of my heels have chunky heels, (my slimmest are 1 in wide), and are very stable, they don't really affect where I walk, except maybe up/down steep banks at college! I'm comfortable wearing any of my heels, no matter what the height, so the height does not dictate to me like it might to others who aren't as practiced. SH

Hi! I'm a signature virus! Copy me into your sig and help me spread!

I find that my stride gets shorter, but in any reasonable heels, like up to and including 4", I can do most things that I'd do in flat shoes. If I knew I'd be hiking across London carrying a small child, I'd wear trainers, but I'm happy to set off for a night out with friends knowing that if we end up having to walk, I'll manage the same distance in heels that they'd walk. Besides, I enjoy the challenge, and I haven't (quite) killed myself yet!

Obsessed is such a strong word. I prefer to think of myself as "differently enthusiastic"

If you are more and more experienced, the grace and style of your movements increases, but not necessarily the size of your step and the ability to walk on unsteady floors, allthough with experience the latter could be increased a little, in my humble experience

• 6 months later...

I don't change the heel height. I try to stay between 3" to 4" heels. I've found lately that my ankles won't allow me to wear stilletto heels as I am not sturdy enough at my age to balance on them. So I must stick to chunky heels in that height range.

High Heeled Boots Forever!

i find i feel more restricted wearing my heels, ie shorter more careful balanced steps but thats the fun of heels. i only own 4.5in pairs (3). This is my enjoyment height and anything under 4in seems almost flat anyway, so i dont really bother with them usually. Im either shy when i chicken out and wear trainers, or a bold mood where i think stuff it and enjoy myself in 4.5inches, not usually not in between. I did try 5.5in on my truip to leatherworks and for a bit of fun around the house they would be acceptable, but for any walking distance i think i wouldnt be able to manage without the practice :D

Bert and Daz--Thanks very much for replying to my post. As you probably have guessed by now, that was my first post ever as I am a new member to any forum. I'm not new to wearing heels as I started at age 12 if I can remember back that far. But that's another story for another time. The wife and I went to a nearby mall this evening so I could practice my Freestyling. I was wearing a pair of women's bootcut jeans with a pair of black leather boots with a 3.5" chunky heel. I had already replaced the heel tips with rubber, but they are still a bit noisy or maybe it's just that I'm sensitive to the sound. On the way into the mall, a man passed us and looked back but didn't say anything and just kept on going. I'm not going to try any higher heels as I'm having a bit of difficulty keeping my ankles straight on these boots. If I don't post properly, please be patient with me being new. Dawn HH

High Heeled Boots Forever!

All my heels are stilletto's... varying from 3,5" to 7" There is a big difference between wearing 3,5" and 7" :D On my lowest heels I can just walk without thinking, drive in them, etc... I've also tried driving in 5" heels, but that was a lot more difficult... Back to the walking: the higher the heels, the more upright I have to walk and the smaller my steps get. But then again... I often wear my heels when in my role as slave and then my feet are cuffed so my steps are really small!!!! :( hhs