What do men really think about women in high heels?

Amanda

I think a woman in heels has the potential to be a beautiful, elegant, and sophisticated icon of style. However, other factors can diminish that perception. The who, what, where, when and why create additional contextual measures that should all add up to a cohesive, artistic statement of beauty and desire.

Feminine Style .  Masculine Soul.  Skin In The Game.

I think a woman in heels has the potential to be a beautiful, elegant, and sophisticated icon of style.

However, other factors can diminish that perception. The who, what, where, when and why create additional contextual measures that should all add up to a cohesive, artistic statement of beauty and desire.

Very well put. :chuckle: Actually, there isn't much left to say.....

Being mentally comfortable in your own mind is the key to wearing heels in public.

< toungue firmly in cheek.....:chuckle: Women in heels?.. They look awful... Ghastly!... ick!.. OMG it's disgusting and just plain wrong... lol __________________________________________ Who am I kidding...lol.. It's a beautiful thing!.. Most of the time I'm just a little bit jealious..

Never frown because you never know who is falling in love with your smile.

When I see a woman in high heels I see a woman who is saying, I am pretty, strong, sexy, self-assured, dominant, and also sensiously feminine. Throughout history, some of the most successful women have been women who take pride in their appearance and top it off by wearing high heels with their outfits. Seeing as woman in high heels is a breath of fresh air.

It always strikes me as elegance, provided the woman knows how to walk in them. And of course whether it combines well with the rest of her outfit. Sometimes one sees short women with very high heels, but they only wear them for length and the rest of the 'music' is missing. Then that doesn't interest me very much. When however the picture is harmonious and the women walks well in them it is like a beautiful piece of music. And I also feel some form of jealousy. Maybe it is this jealousy that makes that I too want to be part of the music, something that society wants to deny me. Y.

Raise your voice. Put on some heels.

When I see a woman in heels I think many things. If its in the park on Sunday I think she's on a date, if its at the club she's just trying to fit in and maybe get a man's attention. If its at work she's trying to differentiate herself from all the other women so her motivation can be professional or personal or both. If she's wearing great heels and not otherwise appropriately dressed I feel sorry for her. When the whole package goes together its a beautiful thing.

Although to me in general, "the higher the better", there are some woman who wear heels just too high for them, and don't look good at all. If their knees are always bent (can't straighten them out), or they shuffle their feet instead of walking, then higher heels are more of a turn off than a turn on.

Almost everything i think is said here already. Just adding that i especially like open-minded ladies who are wearing heels often but not always, are varying heel heights and shoe styles, have no problem being seen in flat chuck taylors but also handle 5'' designer stilettos with grace and joy, matching shoes with the outfit and occasion. That kind of variety makes a lady most interesting (to my taste). If a lady wears 4+'' stiletto pumps or boots with pointy toes every day and nothing else, that kind of leaves me a suspicion that she's either closed-minded, does it to lift her low self-esteem, or/and gives no rest to her feet. Happy Heeling k6ps

If a lady wears 4+'' stiletto pumps or boots with pointy toes every day and nothing else, that kind of leaves me a suspicion that she's either closed-minded, does it to lift her low self-esteem, or/and gives no rest to her feet.

As far as I'm concerned, my wife could wear the 4+ all of the time and I would never, ever be tired of it! To me, it would be just joy!! And if I could join her in the same height all of the time, it couldn't get better than that!

It's all about the heel!

If a lady wears 4+'' stiletto pumps or boots with pointy toes every day and nothing else, that kind of leaves me a suspicion that she's either closed-minded, does it to lift her low self-esteem, or/and gives no rest to her feet.

Ok, sorry, that was maybe too harsh from my part. Let's just say this is a very classical-style lady, and there are probably millions of well-respected ladies of that style. Just that happens to not be my favorite style

Happy Heeling :chuckle:

k6ps

I believe that the majority will agree that women look wonderful, beautiful, sexy, confident, ect ect in a pair of heels. However, I believe that the majority of us could also say that there is a particular type of heel to the wearer. For example, the other day i was walking around in the mall, and i saw a beautiful pair of stiletto boots, however, because of the lack of experience (late teens early 20's i dare say?) that the woman had in walking in them, there was no beauty nor grace involved, and i was left with the feeling of nice shoes, instead of an solid feeling of class and style. On the otherhand, a week earlier a woman i dare say 25 year old was in the same mall walking, she was in 6 inch mary janes with a 1.5 inch platform, leggings, short skirt, and nice blouse, and the way she moved in those heels was Awe inspiring. That is all.

I used to think "how can they walk in those" and "those shoes can't be comfortable". Now that I know that they aren't hard to walk in and that a decent shoe fit properly provides plenty of comfort. Now I am mostly jealous that women get so many more choices.

Lol thanks xaphod I couldn't resist the joking introduction.

The question is serious though, I'm interested to know.

Hi, Amanda,

OK, being a heel freak, yes I notice the shoes. The next question is, 'who is the woman wearing them' ?

Is she self-confident, is she elegant, is she manipulative (yes, it sounds paranoid, but, by golly, I've known a few). Does she dress well for just because she enjoys doing so? Is the ensemble part of an image without which she would have no character? If practical constraints, such as being on a sailing boat in a force 6 prevented her from dressing the way she wished, would she have her head under her wing or would an inner strength show through?

The only way to know more would be to talk to her. Maybe it would be possible to use the tongue-in-cheek humour to find out by striking up conversation. The "yer what?" gormless reply would dispel any further interest.

The shoes are interesting for their own sake, the woman is, or is not interesting, with, or without the shoes.

I'll tell of a little encounter this Summer at a Military Vehicle Rally. I went there with a couple of friends who have Daimler Ferret armoured cars and met Eric, an old work colleague. He was there with his wife and daughter down from Uni in the vacation. Eric is a very bright bunny, even though he is now in his 70s, he is still better at maths than I ever was. His daughter is pretty exceptional too, with a maths doctorate and, as the perennial student, is now doing a second degree in psychology. She's pretty slim and in her summer skirt, turned a few male heads.

The family is pretty exceptional in many respects, mum keeps her light under a bushel and says little about her childhood in Malta and Cyprus following her father, much-decorated for his soldiering exploits.

I met Eric and his family in the restaraunt at our venue and they joined me for lunch. The conversation seemed skewed to the daughter's exploits. I expounded a little on University politics regarding the power relationships between professors and their doctorate students and apparently passed muster. The rest of the afternoon was not quite obviously an invitation to court their daughter who is back at home with them !

Huge practical problems present themselves, one being the fact that I'm now 250 miles away. If some of these could have been overcome, I would have been flattered to be accepted into their family.

Being intensely practical, she wears Birkenstocks !

Xa