1st designer boots

BOOTED UP

Hi all, I'am just back from a short break in the USA and I went mad and treated myself to my 1st pair of designer Christian Louboutins knee high boots.I asked the male assistant for them in size 40, and he said ,does she normally take size 40 in a boot as these where a small fitting. I looked at him and said ,they are for me and I would like to try on a size 40, he looked a bit supprised and said he would go and get them. He came back with a size 401/2 and said these should be fine. I tried them on and they where a perfect fit, I think he was amazed I could walk so well in them. I told him that I was not going to pay $1400.00 for them without trying them on first,he agreed. I did get a few funny looks from some female shoppers as I walked about in them, but what the hell.Even though they cost a lot of money I'am delighted with them :chuckle:, you can see them in my Boot collection 3 album. BOOTED UP.

The sad thing is, they dont look anything like $1400.... They do look fantastic, but not more-so than most high quality boots in the $200+ range at most, even comparable to most $100 boots from places like Next

Heels for Men // Legwear Fashion // HHPlace Guidelines

If something doesn't look right, please report the content ASAP!

Yes I thought about the 6 or 7 pairs I could have bought instead, but what the hell I always wanted a pair, but I wont be buying any more at that price.I really enjoy the actual buying and trying on of the boots, just as much as wearing them, so it wil be back to buying more affordable boots like you said, every 6 months or so. BOOTED UP.

A great pair of boots is a long term investment of various sorts, sometimes you just have to go with your emotions and spree. The boots you bought may have been costly but there's more to this type of boot than just appearance, such as type and quality of leather, craftsmanship, and (sometimes) comfort.I also have a pair of knee boots from the same maker and have worn them more than any other pair i have ...my girl friend still gives me hell over what i paid!!! Oh well, worth the cost for a such a safe "hobby". Have fun and enjoy these boots-very few are made as nice or as well ...have fun!!!

Thanks for the good comments jsphcass, my emotions did take over, and yes you are right the boots are very well made and the leather is fab, these are a long term investment, like the little black dress, the will never go out of fashion. BOOTED UP

• 1 month later...

The sad thing is, they dont look anything like $1400....

They do look fantastic, but not more-so than most high quality boots in the $200+ range at most, even comparable to most $100 boots from places like Next

I hate to say this, but I agree with Tech. I think that's the case with a lot of designer stuff though, most of the price is for the name. They are gorgeous looking boots though.